Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with all the talk about Marong, Cal Utd and possibly Pyramid, does this mean that YCW are the real deal... who is getting a kick there?

YCW have beaten two of the more ordinary sides in the comp by a collective total of 9 points. Their next 3 games are against Pyramid Hill, Marong, and Calivil. While taking nothing away from the fact that they are the only team in the comp with 2 wins, they will be faced with a harsh reality check over the next month.

YCW have beaten two of the more ordinary sides in the comp by a collective total of 9 points. Their next 3 games are against Pyramid Hill, Marong, and Calivil. While taking nothing away from the fact that they are the only team in the comp with 2 wins, they will be faced with a harsh reality check over the next month.

Hellboy - Marong are going to play finals this year and are a good side but Marong was defeated by YCW last year and was the only team to suffer this plight. If anything YCW have obviously improved so it might be a little premature to say that Marong will form part of that reality check. What has changed at Marong to make you sure that they will be beat YCW?

Hellboy - Marong are going to play finals this year and are a good side but Marong was defeated by YCW last year and was the only team to suffer this plight. If anything YCW have obviously improved so it might be a little premature to say that Marong will form part of that reality check. What has changed at Marong to make you sure that they will be beat YCW?[/QUOTE

well they have pick up a few really good players in stone, bell, cluff, milner etc, and only just lost 2 a very good side in pyramid hill by 16 points, which the game could of gone either way

Hellboy - Marong are going to play finals this year and are a good side but Marong was defeated by YCW last year and was the only team to suffer this plight. If anything YCW have obviously improved so it might be a little premature to say that Marong will form part of that reality check. What has changed at Marong to make you sure that they will be beat YCW?

Why is it that when something is posted about another club's fortune's, there is always someone who chooses to attack that poster's club instead of coming back with a reasonable rebuttal?

If you seriously have to ask why Marong will form part of that reality check then you obviously don't pay much attention to what is going on Fever. I will assume your last question is rhetorical.

I am happy to be proven wrong.

Why is it that when something is posted about another club's fortune's, there is always someone who chooses to attack that poster's club instead of coming back with a reasonable rebuttal?

If you seriously have to ask why Marong will form part of that reality check then you obviously don't pay much attention to what is going on Fever. I will assume your last question is rhetorical.

I am happy to be proven wrong.

Hellboy - I stated that Marong will play finals and are a good side. That is hardly attacking your club. You seem to know a fair bit about Marong and I was keen to know from an insider what has changed. The only proof will be in the results on the ground so we will see.

Hellboy - I stated that Marong will play finals and are a good side. That is hardly attacking your club. You seem to know a fair bit about Marong and I was keen to know from an insider what has changed. The only proof will be in the results on the ground so we will see.

My point about 'attacking' was related to the fact that I mentioned 2 other clubs yet you singled out Marong, based purely around the fact that I am from Marong. If you believe anything about what is being printed in the paper, Calivil, Pyramid and Marong are the teams to beat, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to suggest that the next 3 games for YCW are as tough as it gets.

Anyway, if you genuinely wanted to know what has changed, here goes. Our only major loss from last year is Dodgy Gadsden. We were afforded the opportunity this year to focus recruiting on exactly what we needed. We have added significant goal kicking power in Chris Stone, along with the return of Sam Milner. This also takes the focus off Ben Jones who was too often left to carry the forward line last year. We have strengthened our back line with the addition of Aaron Bell, Luke Ellis and the return of Mat Frankel. Kane Cluff has bolstered the midfield, and most players are injury free (at this stage). Injuries hurt us when it mattered last year, a problem hopefully fixed by our increased depth. Brad McCormick is also expected to return from overseas soon, and there may be more to come yet.

All of this points to nothing unless we can put the score on the board. We were less than impressive against lower opposition in Inglewood and we couldn't get over Pyramid Hill at home.

My point about 'attacking' was related to the fact that I mentioned 2 other clubs yet you singled out Marong, based purely around the fact that I am from Marong. If you believe anything about what is being printed in the paper, Calivil, Pyramid and Marong are the teams to beat, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to suggest that the next 3 games for YCW are as tough as it gets.

Anyway, if you genuinely wanted to know what has changed, her goes. Our only major loss from last year is Dodgy Gadsden. We were afforded the opportunity this year to focus recruiting on exactly what we needed. We have added significant goal kicking power in Chris Stone, along with the return of Sam Milner. This also takes the focus off Ben Jones who was too often left to carry the forward line last year. We have strengthened our back line with the addition of Aaron Bell, Luke Ellis and the return of Mat Frankel. Kane Cluff has bolstered the midfield, and most players are injury free (at this stage). Injuries hurt us when it mattered last year, a problem hopefully fixed by our increased depth. Brad McCormick is also expected to return from overseas soon, and there may be more to come yet.

All of this points to nothing unless we can put the score on the board. We were less than impressive against lower opposition in Inglewood and we couldn't get over Pyramid Hill at home.

:thumbsu:woooo hooo Go Inglewoodd!!

Hellboy - Marong are going to play finals this year and are a good side but Marong was defeated by YCW last year and was the only team to suffer this plight. If anything YCW have obviously improved so it might be a little premature to say that Marong will form part of that reality check. What has changed at Marong to make you sure that they will be beat YCW?[/QUOTE

well they have pick up a few really good players in stone, bell, cluff, milner etc, and only just lost 2 a very good side in pyramid hill by 16 points, which the game could of gone either way

MATE if you think cluff is a really good player then your obviously watching the wrong footy match. luke saunders is a really good player not cluff. Pyramid to win the flag followed by calival, mitiamo, bridgewater then rounding out the 5 marong

going off topic a bit here but would anyone be able to tell me what paper this leagues results are printed in???

MATE if you think cluff is a really good player then your obviously watching the wrong footy match. luke saunders is a really good player not cluff. Pyramid to win the flag followed by calival, mitiamo, bridgewater then rounding out the 5 marong

cluff is a good player, if u werent impressd with his game then u were the one watchn somethen else other than the game. as 4 ur finals predictions, time will tell and well review ur ladder at the end of the year and see how accurate u were:confused:

Cluffy was outstanding on the weekend, Ben Jones drew all the attention from the Pyramid Hill defenders, Cluffy stood up and nearly won us the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up Crawf, Pyramid never clicked on the day and played some of the ugliest football scene in these parts for some time. The Echuca recruits were out of sorts and might find the 2's a better pace but given all that they still came away with the cookies. Surely we are too far out to make calls on final sides, top threes or even premiership contenders?

Luke Saunders is not a really good footballer, Gary Ablett is. Ridiculous comparison isn't it Crow Eater? Just like comparing Saunders with Cluff.

Turn it up Crawf, Pyramid never clicked on the day and played some of the ugliest football scene in these parts for some time. The Echuca recruits were out of sorts and might find the 2's a better pace but given all that they still came away with the cookies. Surely we are too far out to make calls on final sides, top threes or even premiership contenders?

the reason pyramid played "ugly" football and ur saying they never clicked is it was a pressure game, the pressure from both sides was relentless so therefore mistakes are going to be made especially this time of year.

the reason pyramid played "ugly" football and ur saying they never clicked is it was a pressure game, the pressure from both sides was relentless so therefore mistakes are going to be made especially this time of year.

Have a listen to yourself you blokes. Carrying on after round 2 about who is the best and who is not. 2 Games have been played so who cares at this stage. YCW had 2 wins well done, Pyramid played crap it was their first game so what do you compare it with certainly not practise mathces. An what cluff is a champion after 1 game sh*t we are all champions then. Settle down boys and wait till at least the half way mark before carrying on about teams and players etc. Banana man has had enough! Lets talk round 3!

Have a listen to yourself you blokes. Carrying on after round 2 about who is the best and who is not. 2 Games have been played so who cares at this stage. YCW had 2 wins well done, Pyramid played crap it was their first game so what do you compare it with certainly not practise mathces. An what cluff is a champion after 1 game sh*t we are all champions then. Settle down boys and wait till at least the half way mark before carrying on about teams and players etc. Banana man has had enough! Lets talk round 3!

Actually Banana man I don't think anyone made mention of who is "the best" at all. If people here don't discuss the round just completed, or wait until the half way mark before discussing teams and players, like you suggest, there isn't much left to talk about? Based on your post, what point is there in talking about round 3 if we can't talk about teams or how they (which means their players) have performed so far.

Actually Banana man I don't think anyone made mention of who is "the best" at all. If people here don't discuss the round just completed, or wait until the half way mark before discussing teams and players, like you suggest, there isn't much left to talk about? Based on your post, what point is there in talking about round 3 if we can't talk about teams or how they (which means their players) have performed so far.

My apologies to you Hellboy! Your comments i was not referring to as you seem to make a lot of sense in what you say. I was referring to a lot of the other pointless comments being made in reference to
YCW being a top side, Cluff being a really good player etc. After 2 games to say ycw are a top side is ridiculous and well done to cluff on playing 1 good game but we will see how he is travelling at the half way mark as I would not rate him!

Bit quiet on here guys, what's news. New in the area and don't follow anyone in particular. Went and saw Marong v. P/Hill last week, good tight contest. Both sides had a good dip, and I was impressed anyway. I might try a different couple of sides this week, which game do you recommend, I don't want to end up at a dud game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back