Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the story at Miti? What's not running smoothly? Is it committee, coaching, players or supporters?
Does anyone have any info

Theres nothing going on a miti, just people from other leagues spreading shit. Fact is we played 3 practice matches against teams in much stronger leagues with a lot of players out of the team, a lot of them quality. Yes we got flogged in all of them, but hey, they were practice games, which have nearly nothing to do with how the year will pan out. Look at calivil, who have won maybe 2 or 3 over their last 6 years of dominance.
After being flogged by Heathcote this week we have signed 3 players, and there is a good club feeling up at Miti.

Not going to say we will be top 3 but we will be competitive.

3 days out from Round 1...all the pre-season build up, rumours and rubbish now can be put to bed and the real stuff can finally start!

So, who are people tipping? Some interesting and close games...Miti and Calivil should be a cracker, as will the Newbridge v Bridgey clash.

For what its worth heres how I think Round 1 will pan out.

Marong by 5 goals
Serp by 3 points
Calival by 2 goals
Bridgey by 1 straight kick.

who will win u17s 2009 ???

Really hard to say Daniel....but I'll give the ladder a go, based on the current clearances and history

Marong (the club has worked hard to field feeder teams of U12, U13.5 and U15 in the BJFL - the club understands the importance of the U 17's)

Calival (always recruit well by running that bus from the Eaglehawk town Hall to training - Alan Stokes will have every footballer that has walked into Eaglehawk IGA - the club values U 17's)

YCW (have recruited well)

Bridgewater (has a few gun players - unsure of the rest)

Newbridge (usually pick up kids from Kangaroo Flat)

Mitiamo (they usually end up in the middle somewhere - also Jackson Falls is a fantastic player)

Pyramid Hill (surely they wouldn't have lost many players from last year - I think they were young in 2008)

Serpentine (a bit of a dark horse - could end up high up the ladder if they are able to get some more players - rumour is that a cpl of kids are coaching them - this will mean an enthusiastic group that will try to recruit hard - good luck)

Inglewood (their local kids don't want to play for their own club - can't field a side)

What do you think Daniel?

I agree with you there Tooky. I think the top 3 will be made of YCW, Marong & Calival, with Serp & Inglewood down the bottom. Marong had a fairly decent side last year, Calival always seems to have a dedicated u 17's team and YC have recruited well and under a new coach they are looking to be a vital part of the club once again. I think it should be a fairly interesting and somewhat even season for the under 17 comp this year and hopefully thats the case which might have future seasons to recruit well due to it being a competitive league.

Really hard to say Daniel....but I'll give the ladder a go, based on the current clearances and history

Marong (the club has worked hard to field feeder teams of U12, U13.5 and U15 in the BJFL - the club understands the importance of the U 17's)quote]
Marong are certainly benefited by having a junior football club with so many teams. This year there has been 16 players step up to U17 from U15.

However, unlike most the other clubs in the LVFL (with the exception of YCW), being so close to Bendigo means that a lot of the quality U17 players go on to play U18 in the BFL instead of staying with the club and moving into the senior ranks. Luke Savy and Lachy Frankel are two good examples of that this season. This is also the case with Elmore coach Andy Grant, a long time Marong junior footballer.

The problem lies in getting those players back to the club after that. Any player worth their salt will almost certainly be convinced to play on at the higher level. I guess this is just bad luck from a club perspective, and good luck to the individual if they can go on and be successful at a better standard.

Marong will never have a problem with junior numbers, but will also never receive the full benefit of having quality juniors moving into senior football with the club.

Marong (the club has worked hard to field feeder teams of U12, U13.5 and U15 in the BJFL - the club understands the importance of the U 17's)

Calival (always recruit well by running that bus from the Eaglehawk town Hall to training - Alan Stokes will have every footballer that has walked into Eaglehawk IGA - the club values U 17's)

YCW (have recruited well)

Bridgewater (has a few gun players - unsure of the rest)

Newbridge (usually pick up kids from Kangaroo Flat)

Mitiamo (they usually end up in the middle somewhere - also Jackson Falls is a fantastic player)

Pyramid Hill (surely they wouldn't have lost many players from last year - I think they were young in 2008)

Serpentine (a bit of a dark horse - could end up high up the ladder if they are able to get some more players - rumour is that a cpl of kids are coaching them - this will mean an enthusiastic group that will try to recruit hard - good luck)

Inglewood (their local kids don't want to play for their own club - can't field a side)

What do you think Daniel?

yeh, sounds good but with serpentine playing with 6 of the better eaglehawk players this week i dont know how theyll go when eaglehawk cant help out.
bad luck for inglewood just not enough players,
calivil have recruited very well from eaglehawk and kept their local players with them, , ,
ycw have a very good side , strong centre expecially and might be a surprise for alot of other clubs how well they do , have a fair few ex-eaglehawk players, , nick rix is a freak, , ,
newbridge have a few good players but not an overall great side about right in 4th, ,
dont know anytyhing about mitiamo atm , , ,
pyrimid hill same havent heard much, , ,

overall it might be between ycw, marong and calivil but alot depends on fielding 18 players a week and theirs a few dark horses in their. . .

first week this week so its hard to say but can usually tell after 5 rounds who the main sides will be.

:)

Saturday's Bendigo Addy had a story on Inglewood and the problem with the Under 17 numbers.

Paper said, 19 of the local Inglewood boys U 15 are playing in the BJFL, 3 or 4 boys play at Wedderburn.

To prevent the loss of Inglewood identity to these kids. The club should try to get all these boys registered with their own club, and putting an U 13.5 or U 15 team in the BJFL using all these boys. Name the team Inglewood, request that they play every second game on an LVFL home ground..

This would help Inglewood retain their kids.

Serpentine also need U 17's, they had 18 on Saturday (but with 6 permit players). Eaglehawk, once again showed support to the LVFL and Serpentine by providing permit players.

Good start to the year for Bridgy. Metheral moved well and will be very handy this year. Bit of an upset with Miti getting over the top of Calivil after reports that they were getting flogged in the pre season games. Shows how much you can rely on pre season form.
Anyone see that game? Calivil have a full squad in?

I must say that it was a surprise to see YCW get up as well as they have been very quiet in the lead up to this season.

Good start to the year for Bridgy. Metheral moved well and will be very handy this year. Bit of an upset with Miti getting over the top of Calivil after reports that they were getting flogged in the pre season games. Shows how much you can rely on pre season form.

I must say that it was a surprise to see YCW get up as well as they have been very quiet in the lead up to this season.

YCW will trouble a few sides and will be competitive. Coach has gone about it very well and although low key have recruited blokes back that will help them.
Must say well done to B Fitzpatrick as first game as coach and 1 win. I wonder how many more for the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think one of the most impressive things about the YC performance was that they came from 15 points down with about 10 mins left kicking into the breeze. It will give them the world of confidence going ahead into the season.

Serp on the other hand will be shattered with letting that slip. A lot of older and/or bigger bodies that ran out of puff towards the end. I think they may struggle this year and will be found out towards the end of a lot of games.

I think one of the most impressive things about the YC performance was that they came from 15 points down with about 10 mins left kicking into the breeze. It will give them the world of confidence going ahead into the season.

Serp on the other hand will be shattered with letting that slip. A lot of older and/or bigger bodies that ran out of puff towards the end. I think they may struggle this year and will be found out towards the end of a lot of games.

I saw a lot of their pre-season training and it was mostly kick to kick and lane work. Did hear the comment that the coach couldn't make them run a few K's b/c if he did, he'd hardly get anyone to turn up to training.

I saw a lot of their pre-season training and it was mostly kick to kick and lane work. Did hear the comment that the coach couldn't make them run a few K's b/c if he did, he'd hardly get anyone to turn up to training.

Rubbish

Seeing as you were at Serps pre-season so much you would of surely heard what their coaches philosophy on pre-season training was, would you not? :rolleyes:

Having actually spoken to Steve as well as mates at the club, he was very transparent and vocal in the way he went about their pre-season and it was always his intention to train the boys the way he did. It never changed from late in '08 when he got the job. I can almost quote him verbatim in saying that he intended to give the boys a pre-season different to the one adopted by the majority of clubs ie nothing but running early on, then pick up the balls after a month or so.

"Do the running and the hard work, but have the balls in our hands as well"
"Kill two birds with one stone"
"Work on our fitness, but also work on our skills under fatigue"

You can say they just did lane work, but in reality anyone who had anything do with their pre-season would scoff at this. Also your suggestion that he couldn't motivate his players enough to have them do running and continue to train is laughable. Fair enough comment that some players might have run out of puff on the w/e, but don't bandy around trash like that last post as a reason for it, when in reality you seem to have little idea about what you're claiming to.

gee... bit touchy. settle precious. I don't think I was posting trash, and neither do YCW. Just calling it how I saw it... and heard it. You can quote Steve as much as you like.

Fact is - YCW ran you off your legs ...against the wind... and they only won 1 game last year. Let's see how the season pans out for you. Best of luck

gee... bit touchy. settle precious. I don't think I was posting trash, and neither do YCW. Just calling it how I saw it... and heard it. You can quote Steve as much as you like.

Fact is - YCW ran you off your legs ...against the wind... and they only won 1 game last year. Let's see how the season pans out for you. Best of luck

Fact is, you're backing away from what you said and pretending you wrote about the game against YCW. I said it was fair enough for people to comment on the game and how stuffed some players were, because that is probably very close to the truth. But to completely conjur rumours and present them as fact for no reason is another thing and really makes you look silly, especially for those who might read it and know better.

You commented on Serp's pre-season not the game on the w/e. You shot off about how you were at many of Serp's sessions and it was simply lane work and the players would not train if they had to do running...
Admit that you simply lied about this and it is a fabrication, because anyone who was involved at any level with the club during pre-season would know that this is complete rubbish.

If you cannot at least concede your poor form on this issue, then there will be no point me replying further, but both you and I know what you said is unfounded (if you prefer this term to trash) and that's good enough for me, even if you won't admit it.

I have no personal grievance with you otherwise, but the constant rumours and tarnishing of people/clubs on this website has become rediculous and I felt the need to defend those involved here. Furthermore I am not a Serp player or official so you should wish them the best of luck.

i wish serp the best of luck with the amount of cash they are paying average players, the 3 big recruits in the advertiser will take serp nowhere near the top,

Fact is, you're backing away from what you said and pretending you wrote about the game against YCW. I said it was fair enough for people to comment on the game and how stuffed some players were, because that is probably very close to the truth. But to completely conjur rumours and present them as fact for no reason is another thing and really makes you look silly, especially for those who might read it and know better.

You commented on Serp's pre-season not the game on the w/e. You shot off about how you were at many of Serp's sessions and it was simply lane work and the players would not train if they had to do running...
Admit that you simply lied about this and it is a fabrication, because anyone who was involved at any level with the club during pre-season would know that this is complete rubbish.

If you cannot at least concede your poor form on this issue, then there will be no point me replying further, but both you and I know what you said is unfounded (if you prefer this term to trash) and that's good enough for me, even if you won't admit it.

I have no personal grievance with you otherwise, but the constant rumours and tarnishing of people/clubs on this website has become rediculous and I felt the need to defend those involved here. Furthermore I am not a Serp player or official so you should wish them the best of luck.

I think you read his post wrong. You're on your horse... the high one.

Looking at your posts KITC, with all due respect... and remember, I'm saying with all due respect.... your opinion ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a donkey gettin it on.

Posting long, self-rightous drivel is your game... You don't support Serp but you know the inside stories... and on the Bendigo FL thread, you don't support Flat but you went into great detail about the Phil Lobb story... too much spare time fella :cool:

I think you read his post wrong. You're on your horse... the high one.

I don't believe I have. What else could he have meant by saying he attended 'many' serp pre-season trainings, the coach doesn't motivate his team and trains them accordingly?

Looking at your posts KITC, with all due respect... and remember, I'm saying with all due respect.... your opinion ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a donkey gettin it on.

I respect your honesty, but I couldn't care less. I say what I think needs to be said and I always speak my mind. Take it or leave it. I don't see how my opinion is worth any less then yours for instance... now who is on their high horse? Who are you to say what my opinion is worth?

Posting long, self-rightous drivel is your game... You don't support Serp but you know the inside stories... and on the Bendigo FL thread, you don't support Flat but you went into great detail about the Phil Lobb story... too much spare time fella :cool:

Your right about the long posts, but sometimes to get your point across it is necessary, if you leave some of your argument out, people are very quick to jump on and critisise.

I acknowledge that i may have over reacted somewhat in my responses to Dr. K, but posting flat out lies irks, particularly when reputations are being questioned unneccesarily, which happens too often on this site. I won't defend any of my other posts nor will I apologise for having knowledge to share on many teams in the local area, because we have already derailed this thread enough. If you don't rate my posts, tough luck, you can always block my responses if it makes you feel better Plugger.

i wish serp the best of luck with the amount of cash they are paying average players, the 3 big recruits in the advertiser will take serp nowhere near the top,

I cannot talk about the other 2 recruits but having played against Miggy Podosky I can safely say that he will be a very good player in the LVFL. Very quick, a great pair of hands and good skills.

I cannot talk about the other 2 recruits but having played against Miggy Podosky I can safely say that he will be a very good player in the LVFL. Very quick, a great pair of hands and good skills.

This is the problem with our league. We rate and PAY blokes like Miggy Podosky ( great young bloke ) to play football yet they have never played consistent major league footy or even been close to a regular senior player. The same goes for the two Golden Square blokes recruited by Pyramid Hill. The amount of money they are being paid and to never have been considered a senior player in Bendigo is a joke. At least blokes like Steve Cox, Wally Maxted, Shevlin, Comer etc earnt there price tag. Now it is a case of " I am a good Bendigo Two's player" pay me $200+ or you don't get me. Get stuffed.

I

Your right about the long posts, but sometimes to get your point across it is necessary, if you leave some of your argument out, people are 1. very quick to jump on and critisise.

2. If you don't rate my posts, tough luck, you can always block my responses if it makes you feel better Plugger.

1....... just like you have. Many people hear things 2nd & 3rd hand and post it on here as gospel. Everyone knows that... you take Bigfooty info with a grain of salt.

2....... far from it. You're like a pit bull in a cage. All I have to do is poke you with a stick and you put on another show. You're very entertaining KITC :)

1....... just like you have. Many people hear things 2nd & 3rd hand and post it on here as gospel. Everyone knows that... you take Bigfooty info with a grain of salt.

Absolutely. Some criticism is warranted however. I was talking about if you leave some points out of an argument, people love to point out flaws in your view. I believed what Dr. K was implying / imparting / delivering (whatever) warranted me to post critical comments and defend those he was questioning. He still posted what he posted, and set himself up as the 'expert' and part of that is to take responsibility for what you say / post. i felt he backed down and was hoping to get away with a fairly cheap shot on certain people and clubs. What he posted was wrong. I do agree my criticism was quite agressive and over-zealous... but still warranted.

2....... far from it. You're like a pit bull in a cage. All I have to do is poke you with a stick and you put on another show. You're very entertaining KITC :)

I'm glad I entertain you at the very least then. I think I have certanly stimulated this thread a bit if nothing else. I don't particularly enjoy being referred to as a 'pit bull in a cage' but it is probably, here's that word, warranted. :p

However from your lack of re-buttle about my points on my little discussion with Dr. K, should I assume you tend to agree with my contention, even if you don't agree with my method of delivering it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back