Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
few eaglehawk u/16 players played and fill a few from other clubs around the district. Good to see them playing a getting a few goals as well.

what happened to p'hills 2s? didnt think they would drop a game for the year

some very interesting results from weekend. miti was pushed by inglewood, marong to good for newbridge although still not at their best, pyramid still flying and calivil far to good for ycw as expected. interesting in other grades, bridgy 2s beating pyramid and great to see inglewood able too fill an under 17s team, hopefully they continue to for the rest of the year. any news from around the traps on these games?:confused:

some very interesting results from weekend. miti was pushed by inglewood, marong to good for newbridge although still not at their best, pyramid still flying and calivil far to good for ycw as expected. interesting in other grades, bridgy 2s beating pyramid and great to see inglewood able too fill an under 17s team, hopefully they continue to for the rest of the year. any news from around the traps on these games?:confused:

Marong were solid but far from great against Newbridge. Wasted plenty of opportunities in front of goal with the wind in the 3rd quarter only outscoring Newbridge by 2 goals instead of the 7 or 8 it should have been. Strong back line lead by Aaron Bell kept Mildren/ Nixon/ Shevlin to 2 goals between them. Benny Jones might have found his spot on the wing, managing to land a couple of bombs from outside 50M on the run.

Hard to say where Newbridge are at. Brad Comer certainly adds something; Mildren too heavily relied upon in my opinion. Without seeing Mitiamo or Bridgewater yet, Newbridge might struggle to sneak into 5th spot.

great to see inglewood able too fill an under 17s team, hopefully they continue to for the rest of the year. any news from around the traps on these games?:confused:

Eaglehawk U 18's had the bye. I think some of the EH U 18's played for Inglewood U17's....

Good on Eaglehawk.......They seem to be the only Bendigo club that will help out the LVFL with U 17's.

Marong were solid but far from great against Newbridge. Wasted plenty of opportunities in front of goal with the wind in the 3rd quarter only outscoring Newbridge by 2 goals instead of the 7 or 8 it should have been. Strong back line lead by Aaron Bell kept Mildren/ Nixon/ Shevlin to 2 goals between them. Benny Jones might have found his spot on the wing, managing to land a couple of bombs from outside 50M on the run.

Hard to say where Newbridge are at. Brad Comer certainly adds something; Mildren too heavily relied upon in my opinion. Without seeing Mitiamo or Bridgewater yet, Newbridge might struggle to sneak into 5th spot.

Having seen all three teams albeit Newbridge without Mildren, Bridgewater were the most impressive out of the lot, followed by Newbridge and then Mitiamo.

Eaglehawk U 18's had the bye. I think some of the EH U 18's played for Inglewood U17's....

Good on Eaglehawk.......They seem to be the only Bendigo club that will help out the LVFL with U 17's.

Yeah that was fantastic of E'hawk, not many clubs would do that, if I was in charge of a BFL U18 team i doubt i'd like my players playing elsewhere in case of an injury etc.

Hopefully the BFL U18 coaches with an excess amount of players are honest enough to tell the surplus players who are still eligible for U17's footy that they are best to have a year in the LVFL.

went a bit quiet here . . . my tips =
seniors =
newbridge by 33
inglewood by 4
bridgewater by 43
p/h by 14

reserves
ycw by 7
serp by 21
bridgewater by 17
p/h by 44

u/17s
ycw by 20
serp (dont know if inglewood have side)
marong by 17
mitiamo by 14

any thoer tips ??? bit late but oh well. bored :)

Re: Loddon Valley Football League Part 2

Miti to beat Pyramid Hill in an upset....

The HDFL boys are arguing over their starting lineup for Interleague week on BF. Who would be the 21 representing the LVFL to take them on ???

went a bit quiet here . . . my tips =
seniors =
newbridge by 33
inglewood by 4
bridgewater by 43
p/h by 14

reserves
ycw by 7
serp by 21
bridgewater by 17
p/h by 44

u/17s
ycw by 20
serp (dont know if inglewood have side)
marong by 17
mitiamo by 14

any thoer tips ??? bit late but oh well. bored :)
Bridgewater to win buy 43 points at Marong? Are you sure you have the right round? Marong to win all 3 games. Seniors by 7 goals...

The HDFL boys are arguing over their starting lineup for Interleague week on BF. Who would be the 21 representing the LVFL to take them on ???

This was on Centralvic Footy!

Jonesy’s LVFL Interleague Team​
B: Aaron Bell (Marong) Shane Gilchrist (PHill) Lloyd Maxted (Calivil)
HB: Darren Clutton (B’water) Mark Kingma (N’bridge) Guy Orton (Mitiamo)
C: Glen Richardson (Calivil) Lee Franklin (Marong) Sam O’Conner (I’wood)
HF: Sam Mildren (N’bridge) Reece Poyner (B’water) Nathan Johns (I’wood)
F: Kurt Ashman (B’water) Ryan Haythorpe (Mitiamo) Luan Marsh (PHill)
R/R: Josh Hutton (BL Serp) David Fevaleaki (PHill) Dave Coghlan (B’water)
INT: Aaron Demeo (Calivil) Paul Thompson (Marong) Brad Comer (N’bridge)
Ross Maxted (Calivil) Luke Cauchi (PHill) Joe McKern (YCW)
Emerg: James Pietromonaco (I’wood) Brock Rogers (Calivil) Aaron McKean (Mitiamo)

This was on Centralvic Footy!

Jonesy’s LVFL Interleague Team​
B: Aaron Bell (Marong) Shane Gilchrist (PHill) Lloyd Maxted (Calivil)
HB: Darren Clutton (B’water) Mark Kingma (N’bridge) Guy Orton (Mitiamo)
C: Glen Richardson (Calivil) Lee Franklin (Marong) Sam O’Conner (I’wood)
HF: Sam Mildren (N’bridge) Reece Poyner (B’water) Nathan Johns (I’wood)
F: Kurt Ashman (B’water) Ryan Haythorpe (Mitiamo) Luan Marsh (PHill)
R/R: Josh Hutton (BL Serp) David Fevaleaki (PHill) Dave Coghlan (B’water)
INT: Aaron Demeo (Calivil) Paul Thompson (Marong) Brad Comer (N’bridge)
Ross Maxted (Calivil) Luke Cauchi (PHill) Joe McKern (YCW)
Emerg: James Pietromonaco (I’wood) Brock Rogers (Calivil) Aaron McKean (Mitiamo)

Jonesy must have been studying Luke Wests 'formguide' for the Loddon Valley to have Shane Gilchrist at Full Back in an Interleague squad. He would have been in it 3 or 4 years ago but surely there are better key defenders in the league. Steve Turner from YCW is a far better pick as a key defender. Not sure why James Petriamonaco would even be in consideration.

Jonesy must have been studying Luke Wests 'formguide' for the Loddon Valley to have Shane Gilchrist at Full Back in an Interleague squad. He would have been in it 3 or 4 years ago but surely there are better key defenders in the league. Steve Turner from YCW is a far better pick as a key defender. Not sure why James Petriamonaco would even be in consideration.

Darryl 'Strop' Marshall has kept some very good forwards to only a handful of goals in a team that until today had lost every game! He'd have to be in consideration, looks as though that team is made up via reputation...

Great win for the boys from Inglewood today! To kick 11 goals in the 3rd quarter to set up the first win of the season was absolutely fantastic!!:thumbsu:

Darryl 'Strop' Marshall has kept some very good forwards to only a handful of goals in a team that until today had lost every game! He'd have to be in consideration, looks as though that team is made up via reputation...

Great win for the boys from Inglewood today! To kick 11 goals in the 3rd quarter to set up the first win of the season was absolutely fantastic!!:thumbsu:

Good to see all 3 grades in Inglewood getting their first win of the season. Good to see the 17's field some numbers again

Told you all that Miti would take the bikkies against Pyramid Hill. Didn't expect it by 10 goals however...

Gilchrist, Feavelacki, were nowhere to be seen (they weren't the only ones from P/Hill mind you) and the Pyramid Hill boys cracked under the tackling pressure of Mitiamo (memo to rest of LVFL clubs playing against Pyramid Hill - tackle, tackle, tackle !). Fullback for Miti was by far BOG and Haythorpe and Orton were dominant in Miti's forward line.

Haven't seen much of LVFL, but given way Miti played against the so called premiership favourites, if they can maintain the way that they played yesterday, they have to be considered a serious threat for the race to the flag...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its a long way out to be talking threats for the flag don't you think. P/Hill have been up for some time and have come through with some promising wins however you seem to be right with a few blokes that dont like it hot in the kitchen... which one of their imports would want to get hurt... they would rather take a hit to their pride rather than their wallet.

its a long way out to be talking threats for the flag don't you think. P/Hill have been up for some time and have come through with some promising wins however you seem to be right with a few blokes that dont like it hot in the kitchen... which one of their imports would want to get hurt... they would rather take a hit to their pride rather than their wallet.

As I said earlier pace, haven't seen much of the LVFL, and I can only call it as I see it. Thought I would take the trip up to watch this match to support some district footy as the BFL had the interleague bye. Miti were very impressive up against P/Hill on the large P/Hill home ground.

Have never seen a ground as big and wide as that - surely it has to be the biggest ground in the region ? Can any other ground in the region (CMFL, HDFL, MCDFL, GVFL ??) top this in terms of width and length ??

the miti vs phill game result is simple. miti came to play and hill rocked up just thinking it was gonna happen for them. miti ran for each other and played as a team all day where hill didnt. miti wanted it more. the loss is definatley a bit of a wake up call for the hill but if they can pull it back together they will be right. dont know many miti players names but the skinny dude with the helmet ruled centre half forward, there full back was awsome and number 3 smashed it up in the middle.

hill 17s are good to watch coz they just love it. they are easily on of the smallest teams in the comp with the exception of a few players and they keep winning. one of there players is only like 8 or 9 years old.

Bridgewater to win buy 43 points at Marong? Are you sure you have the right round? Marong to win all 3 games. Seniors by 7 goals...

very good call as its turned out. wernt far off the margin in senior game. good day for marong, got another huge challenge this week goin up to play miti at windy flats

yes would have to agree, getting bit old and slow for full back, maybe thats why he doe'nt play there now, and to stormboy, everyone is entitled to a bad week every now and then, now everyone can start talking miti up, they would be flag fav now.:thumbsu:

yes would have to agree, getting bit old and slow for full back, maybe thats why he doe'nt play there now, and to stormboy, everyone is entitled to a bad week every now and then, now everyone can start talking miti up, they would be flag fav now.:thumbsu:

i disagree, still got a bit of pace if you ask me. played on him a few weeks ago and i was suprised how quick he actually was.
this could be the worst lv side ever, but ill give it a go.

b. a bell s gilchrist a moore
hb. m kingmar d clutton s turner
c. l marsh l franklin r maxted
hf. b jones k ashman m peters
f. a chapman r haythorpe a demeo
fol. j hutton d fevleki d coghlan
int. p thomson b comer g orton
emerg. n johns s mildren g richardson

As I said earlier pace, haven't seen much of the LVFL, and I can only call it as I see it. Thought I would take the trip up to watch this match to support some district footy as the BFL had the interleague bye. Miti were very impressive up against P/Hill on the large P/Hill home ground.

Have never seen a ground as big and wide as that - surely it has to be the biggest ground in the region ? Can any other ground in the region (CMFL, HDFL, MCDFL, GVFL ??) top this in terms of width and length ??

Cohuna's ground in the Central Murray is by far the biggest ground going around

Here goes.

B: A.BELL S.TURNER L.MAXTED
HB: M.KINGMA D.CLUTTON J.SHARP
C: S.O'CONNOR L.FRANKLIN C.WARNE
HF: B.JONES S.MILDREN D.COUGHLAN
F: M.PETERS R.HAYTHORPE L.MARSH

R: J.HUTTON D.FEVALAEKI G.ORTON

INT: P.THOMSON, B.COMER, G.RICHARDSON, A.DEMEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad