Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big call there on the standard mate. The league definately isnt the flashest but i would dare say its better than reserves GV. The Echuca boys will definately be pulling on the boots come round 1. Pyramid should be flag favorites if they can get all their recruits to gel together!

At this time last year Mitiamo were 'favourites', Newbridge the year before that. Things didn't exactly work out for either of those sides.

not quite sure who spark but ive heard they have got a few gv reserve players and should be a very good outfit for 09. does anyine no how many players pyramid have lost from last seasons list?
yeah heard the other day that they havent lost very many at all and that they have still a few more handy players to come:confused:

yeah heard the other day that they havent lost very many at all and that they have still a few more handy players to come:confused:

James, Fawcett and Chilcott will be big losses.
Mind you, from rumours about who theyve picked up, they might break about even.

From the Central Vic Footy Website:

"Bridgwater who won their last senior Premiership in 1991 along with record breakers Calivil United, Pyramid Hill who have added some great personnel since their demoralising Grand Final defeat and the Brett Rogers Coached Marong are the early favourites in the race for the 2009 LVFL title".

Probably a fair assessment at this stage of the year. Which team rounds out the 5? Mitiamo seem to have lost far more players than they have gained and there's not much coming out of any of the other camps at the moment.

I'll throw YC out there - i don't think the club will allow it to perform the way it did last year. It sounds like its taking a new direction, with new players (not necessarily big names). I don't think they'll make their mark in the finals but I think they will round out the top 5. Calival, Pyramid, Marong, Bridgy, YC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll throw YC out there - i don't think the club will allow it to perform the way it did last year. It sounds like its taking a new direction, with new players (not necessarily big names). I don't think they'll make their mark in the finals but I think they will round out the top 5. Calival, Pyramid, Marong, Bridgy, YC

Bridgy have lost more than they have gained from what I have heard so far. And the longer they wait until starting pre season training, the more they will lose. Clubs these days have to start the ball rolling from November for a few training runs if they are keen to attract new players and keep the players they have.

Some senior players from Bridgy haven't even been called since the last game in September.

If stone signs with Marong, they would be certainties for top 3.

I think Calivil and Pyramid will be the other contenders again.

quote]

Stone has signed, along with Aaron Bell and Kane Cluff. Pedretti has recovered fully from shoulder surgery, and both Thompson boys Xave and Chuck flying (touch wood!!)

But wouldnt think theres any such thing as a certainty this year in the LVFL (except Calival being there in September I guess!!)
Still one or two the Panthers are chasing from whats Im hearing round the traps, includng a ruck/CHB....but the only loss from 2008 to this point is Dodgey Gasdsen (retired) and Brad McCormick (o/s again but to return in July)
Havent heard alot out of Newbridge, Inglewood, YCW and BLSerp, but its still early days, maybe just keeping there cards close to the chest at this stage!

whats the situatiuon with sandhurst trustees wanting to regain the yc footy ground. heard a few stories. should yc be worried

I havent heard that one, where did you read or hear that, as far as i know they have a 100 year lease, and the Catholic Diocese own it not Sandhurst trustees, thats why the catholic church near it uses all the fascilities for there funerals, weddings ect.
Also i know that YC have not paid any money to the church for the lease in a few years, as the church is happy for them to be using it, and has told them not to pay them, so financially they are in a good spot.

So who was meant to be coaching YCW this year and who have they picked up so far??? If they sacked the coach what happened??

My mate tells me there is no sacking of the coach, just that he hadnt signed and that he cant get the work he wanted in Bendigo. The word is Brett Fitzpatrick to coach, assisted by Paul Chisolm and our old favourite Walshe as chair of selectors.

All i can say is that YCW seem to have the right people in the right spots this year, i feel they could be a dark horse. Joe McKern is picking up players left, right and center. Not sure they will be good enough to beat Bridgy though, cos we are taking the flag this year.:p

is there any truth in the rumour that johns is leaving inglewood and going to avoca??? heard this on the grapevine, would be a big loss for inglewood....

Bridgy have lost more than they have gained from what I have heard so far. And the longer they wait until starting pre season training, the more they will lose. Clubs these days have to start the ball rolling from November for a few training runs if they are keen to attract new players and keep the players they have.

Some senior players from Bridgy haven't even been called since the last game in September.

I think Calivil and Pyramid will be the other contenders again.

Thought they might lose a few from starting so late.
Any names or just speculation at the moment?

Thought they might lose a few from starting so late.
Any names or just speculation at the moment?

Ruedin - Sandhurst (confirmed)
Axel - Sandhurst
Wood - I've heard he's back to Melb
Mitch Hall - ditto
Clutton apparently has been training with a couple of Bendigo clubs (K'Flat, Square)
Millards have been chased by a few clubs (white hills, talbot, charlton)
Wickham - work may take him elsewhere

That's a fair chunk of talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back