Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look dennis cheese if marong are so crap why are they playing finals? If you have read the papers or know ya stats Marong have the won their last 4 games which were Newbridge, BRIDGY, MITI and serp. If ya look at the ladder for the last 6 games you would see that marong are on top. we will see on sunday how good marong are when they beat Bridgy.

I reckon your right on the money there

Look dennis cheese if marong are so crap why are they playing finals? If you have read the papers or know ya stats Marong have the won their last 4 games which were Newbridge, BRIDGY, MITI and serp. If ya look at the ladder for the last 6 games you would see that marong are on top. we will see on sunday how good marong are when they beat Bridgy.

spot on greg. very good points there, dennis is just anti marong and is a few cans short of a six pack!!!!!!!

spot on greg. very good points there, dennis is just anti marong and is a few cans short of a six pack!!!!!!!

Gold! I use that quote! Nah, not anti Marong. Look at the stats then. You have only beaten Miti (scraped through just), who are the only team above you on the ladder? Good on them for being competitive and making the five, but lets face it, they will only be one maybe two games better off than Serp in the end? And I mean that sincerely. No team will get near the top three. Maybe Bridgey or Marong can pinch a win against Miti but highly unlikely id say.

in under 17's Bridgewater willl beat YCW on the big ground. I can't see any YCW players keeping up with any of Bridgewaters key players

in under 17's Bridgewater willl beat YCW on the big ground. I can't see any YCW players keeping up with any of Bridgewaters key players
not sure about that, ycw at there best are alot better than bridgewater, they are the only side to have really challenged marong at all this season, they can keep up with them ;)

i heard bridgy only got 17 players for 2moros junior clash...
shows that they've been using permit players all year..
would be a good effort for them to beat the ycw but cant see it happening sorry mate..
what ppls thoughts on todays results??
Miti premiership favourites?:thumbsu::thumbsdown:?

i heard bridgy only got 17 players for 2moros junior clash...
shows that they've been using permit players all year..
would be a good effort for them to beat the ycw but cant see it happening sorry mate..
what ppls thoughts on todays results??
Miti premiership favourites?:thumbsu::thumbsdown:?
yes, clearly the formed side of the comp atm, to beat calivil by 40 points is an unbelievable feat at any time but in the finals is really something, considering all the people that have been saying calivils expirience will take them all the way, it wont...

yeah i do agree with that bridgy are a quick side, although they do only have 17 players 2day. they have had permit players but they were young kids from the area that have been playen in a much younger age level elsewhere. ycw did push marong this year, they had permit players on those occasions who wont be there for them today.

it will be a very interesting game, not much between them 2day. miti were terrific in 17s yesty, brdigy a gutsy win in the 2s. and what about that senior game?, miti far 2 good 4 calivil, they were very good, but gee calivil were disappointing yesty, heard them saying at 3 qtr time 2 start playing with pride in their jumper. thought that was a fair enough comment 2, it was a very un calivil like performance, but also full credit 2 miti as well though.

yes, clearly the formed side of the comp atm, to beat calivil by 40 points is an unbelievable feat at any time but in the finals is really something, considering all the people that have been saying calivils expirience will take them all the way, it wont...

Totally agree there mate calival have just been very lucky over the years i dont care what anyone says. this year is a new year they have just as much pressure on them as any other side. they actually looked very ordinary yesterday but im not taking nothing away from miti they looked awesome. good on em. Calival dont have any one to stop haythorpe or chapman. calival will NOT make the granny this year. They just simply not up to it.

Marong got over the top of Bridgy by a couple of goals today.

Will they be able to bundle Calivil out next week in straight sets?

They wouldn't want to put in another effort like they did on Saturday or they'll be out.

Calivil may have finally come to the end of their golden era...

Miti on the other hand will have complete confidence they can beat Pyramid.

They've been the story of the year in my opinion after losing some high profile players (morrisey, wicks, wood...etc), they have shown they can cover these losses and beat any team in the comp.

If the forward line fires again, I doubt Pyramid will be able to contain them.

Totally agree there mate calival have just been very lucky over the years i dont care what anyone says. this year is a new year they have just as much pressure on them as any other side. they actually looked very ordinary yesterday but im not taking nothing away from miti they looked awesome. good on em. Calival dont have any one to stop haythorpe or chapman. calival will NOT make the granny this year. They just simply not up to it.

6 years in a row is an amazing run of "luck" Cronik :D

Gold! I use that quote! Nah, not anti Marong. Look at the stats then. You have only beaten Miti (scraped through just), who are the only team above you on the ladder? Good on them for being competitive and making the five, but lets face it, they will only be one maybe two games better off than Serp in the end? And I mean that sincerely. No team will get near the top three. Maybe Bridgey or Marong can pinch a win against Miti but highly unlikely id say.

Hey Dennis was at Mitchell Park today and saw the Mighty Marong boys beat BRIDGY for the 3rd time this season. Marong are gonna go a long way in finals and will be to good for Calivil next week. Marong outclassed bridgy today but were lucky as the mean machine kicked 6:5 in the last.

Marong got over the top of Bridgy by a couple of goals today.

Will they be able to bundle Calivil out next week in straight sets?

They wouldn't want to put in another effort like they did on Saturday or they'll be out.

Calivil may have finally come to the end of their golden era...

Miti on the other hand will have complete confidence they can beat Pyramid.

They've been the story of the year in my opinion after losing some high profile players (morrisey, wicks, wood...etc), they have shown they can cover these losses and beat any team in the comp.

If the forward line fires again, I doubt Pyramid will be able to contain them.

Yes if marong play like they did today and Calivil play like they did yesterday then the panthers are home. Sorry but cant see Calivil making the granny this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

todays results were . .
seniors
marong over bridgey by 12 points

reserves
marong over miti by 17 points

17s
bridgey over ycw by 30 points

i tipped reserves and 17s wrong,, conditions were not great at pyrimid hill, could have affected the results.....

todays results were . .
seniors
marong over bridgey by 12 points

reserves
marong over miti by 17 points

17s
bridgey over ycw by 30 points

i tipped reserves and 17s wrong,, conditions were not great at pyrimid hill, could have affected the results.....

Was at the match today, and while the conditions weren't ideal for the Under 17's, the conditions for the Reserves were fine, especially when Miti came out firing kicking the first 2 goals within 5 mins of play. By quarter time Miti had a 13 pt lead which was extended out to 19pts as they put thru the opening goal on the board in the 2nd qtr. However, when the sun finally broke through, so did Marong's game play as the Panthers completely outplayed a slow looking Miti outfit to run over the top of them by 17pts. Haven't watch too many LVFL ressie games but it would be fair to say that there is definately a vast difference in standard of Reserves between the HDFL & LVFL, with HDFL being more free flowing and higher skill level than the LVFL.

Was at the match today, and while the conditions weren't ideal for the Under 17's, the conditions for the Reserves were fine, especially when Miti came out firing kicking the first 2 goals within 5 mins of play. By quarter time Miti had a 13 pt lead which was extended out to 19pts as they put thru the opening goal on the board in the 2nd qtr. However, when the sun finally broke through, so did Marong's game play as the Panthers completely outplayed a slow looking Miti outfit to run over the top of them by 17pts. Haven't watch too many LVFL ressie games but it would be fair to say that there is definately a vast difference in standard of Reserves between the HDFL & LVFL, with HDFL being more free flowing and higher skill level than the LVFL.

The reserves game today was well below yesterdays 2s game.. thought yestys was alot more physical, better skills and better footy marong to get knocked out by calival in the 2s this week...
credit must go to marong on todays performance but you have to say bridgy were pretty s hit, turnovers all day and just another inconsistent performance from them...
great win from bridgy 17s tho :thumbsu:

yeah reserves game today was pretty average compared to saturday, marong to get knocked out next week by calivil and bridgey to beat pyramid

yes, they did look very ordinary for most of the day, they we're very loose, and did'nt apply much pressure, so you don't apply pressure you can make anyone look good, just look at todays results, bridgy played 1 1/4, but it was to late,but calivil did show some good patches, and in saying how bad calivil played, they only lost 1 1/4 for the day, which was the 2nd, when miti kicked 7 or 8, so, yes you play 1 bad 1/4, it does cost you, i hope it is the end of an era for them, for ? sake, but they are still in the race.:D

My tips were up the shit! Marong surprised me.....

yeah they sure were. were all hoping marong continue to surprise you!!!!! a good win yesty in both grades, hopefully a stepping stone for this week, but it wont be easy calivil are a very proud club whove had an amazing amount of success. in the under 17s game bridgy were good, they were far 2 quick 4 ycw. big games this weekend both days, its really shaping up to be a great finals series.

FROM BENDIGO ADDY
The Baird incident capped a heated battle between the two teams with Adamson taking aim at Maryborough veteran Jamie Bond.
The Magpies’ centre half-forward was reported late in the third quarter for a striking offence.
“Jamie Bond’s a disgrace.
“He continues to hit players behind play with his elbows and one day he’s going to do something pretty serious,’’ Adamson said.
“He shouldn’t be able to play in this league any more.

Thio is pretty serious from a coach, can someone from the clubs involved tell us about what Bond did here?

That is a very poor post champ, im not a supporter of Calivil but dont let envy overule the facts, that six in a row is a remarkable performance not luck you goose.

The reserves game today was well below yesterdays 2s game...

Spot on. The Reserves game between Marong and Miti was an embarrassment. Marong looked like they weren't there for the first quarter with numerous skill errors and poor pressure and by 3/4 time Miti had run out of puff. I hate to say it but I think Marongs reserves are just making up the numbers... to many passengers. The Seniors on the other hand look a lot hungrier so look out.

yeah they sure were. were all hoping marong continue to surprise you!!!!! a good win yesty in both grades, hopefully a stepping stone for this week, but it wont be easy calivil are a very proud club whove had an amazing amount of success. in the under 17s game bridgy were good, they were far 2 quick 4 ycw. big games this weekend both days, its really shaping up to be a great finals series.

Yeah I was sure Bridgey would of won up there, and would of bet a slab! Lucky I didnt. You'd think history will tell that Calivil will pump Marong but then again they obviously aren't the force they were. Im still tipping a Pyramid and Calivil GF though. Miti would be red hot for this week against dogs but I am leaning towards Pyramid. Pyramid by 28pts and Calivil by 51pts. Good luck boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back