Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulls**t!!! Borgy!!!

Was talking to him the other week, and he seemed pretty happy at Marong. I think he graduated this year though, so that might make a difference.

Haha...Borgy aint going anywhere...he's a Panther through and through!

Speaking of potential departures...we are always on the lookout for goss on who clubs have recruited...but have there been any confirmed departures for 2010 throughout the league yet?

Brad Masson looks like leaving YC, pity because he was a quality inside player,

Mick Peters (YC) looks to be moving to greener pastures (for work and personal reasons)

Ummmmm, that's about all I know at the moment

yeah id say that might have something to do with it, and i just heard from the horses mouth that the 3 of the charlton boys have pulled out

Disappointing to read on the CVF website today that Harcourt on-baller Jeff McMurtrie is on his way to Castlemaine. Jeff was set to bolster Marong's strong mid field after signing with the club about 6 weeks ago.

Sure there'll be plenty of that going on over the summer.

Disappointing to read on the CVF website today that Harcourt on-baller Jeff McMurtrie is on his way to Castlemaine. Jeff was set to bolster Marong's strong mid field after signing with the club about 6 weeks ago.

He spoke to Nth Bendigo about 3 weeks ago!!

i heard he is going to north bendigo, and burnt his bridges at miti

I think he would still be welcome back at miti, just not on the same coin as he was on (or much at all really). I dont think there are too many playing footballers going around who can say they have coached every grade of football in the same team. (As bad as he was at all 3). I think he is going back to Nth Wang anyway.

Miti have signed a new ruckman from QLD, i have heard he is another wicksy, i hope they are talking about footy wise, god help us all if there are 2 of them out there!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miti have signed a new ruckman from QLD, i have heard he is another wicksy, i hope they are talking about footy wise, god help us all if there are 2 of them out there!!![/quote]

Yes apparently he was on brisbane rookie list in 2003/04, so u would think he could kick better then wicksy, surely couldnt b 2 of them out there

I think he would still be welcome back at miti, just not on the same coin as he was on (or much at all really). I dont think there are too many playing footballers going around who can say they have coached every grade of football in the same team. (As bad as he was at all 3). I think he is going back to Nth Wang anyway.

Miti have signed a new ruckman from QLD, i have heard he is another wicksy, i hope they are talking about footy wise, god help us all if there are 2 of them out there!!!

Replacement for Shannon Hayes then covered, Morrissey in as well all seems well for the Roos to up amongst it again, have they lost any others from the GF team?
Have heard that the Calivil coaching appointment is not all rosy either, have heard quite a few rumblings from current players and potential players, I guess we all should have learnt though to never write them off regardless of their situation!!

nah only shannon hayes is a confirmed leaver.... i heard the 3 boys that left calivil from charlton was because of the coach, werent happy with his appointment. just read on central vic footy that interleague is returning to LVFL, who wants to have a go at naming a squad??

nah only shannon hayes is a confirmed leaver.... i heard the 3 boys that left calivil from charlton was because of the coach, werent happy with his appointment. just read on central vic footy that interleague is returning to LVFL, who wants to have a go at naming a squad??

And thats whats wrong with interleague, the sides picked before the boys step footy on the ground game day.... Picked on reputation not form

And thats whats wrong with interleague, the sides picked before the boys step footy on the ground game day.... Picked on reputation not form

I remember quite clearly when LVFL played Heathcote, LVFL had blokes like wicksy, Andy Fremantle, Aaron Demeo, Ross Maxted, Erin Bull (which were all guns that year) watching the game and could of played. The league is weak as piss for not making them. LVFL had blokes like robbie white, troy davies, chopper connelly and chucky from marong playing. It was embarrassing to watch.... Dion marks got best for LVFL and he was a dinosaur then.....

I remember quite clearly when LVFL played Heathcote, LVFL had blokes like wicksy, Andy Fremantle, Aaron Demeo, Ross Maxted, Erin Bull (which were all guns that year) watching the game and could of played. The league is weak as piss for not making them. LVFL had blokes like robbie white, troy davies, chopper connelly and chucky from marong playing. It was embarrassing to watch.... Dion marks got best for LVFL and he was a dinosaur then.....

Couldn't agree more. Slapped together, terrible side that was in no way close to the league's best and simply showed the lack of commitment from the league. Hope CVF is right about 'strong rules' regarding players making themselves available. I would have thought a match against the HDFL would be a much better option than the O&K. Would certainly guarantee a great crowd, particularly if played at the QEO like it once was.

Fair enough I guess if he wants to have a crack at a higher level, but yeah...signatures clearly mean nothing these days! Thats why I dont understand poeple getting carried away in November/December about "the new superstar" or "the gun youngsters" that are coming to this club and that club...

Believe nothing until they run out in the jumper Round 1. Until then its all chinese whispers and bulls*it!

Mind you, does create good convo around the water cooler/local pub etc!

I would have thought a match against the HDFL would be a much better option than the O&K. Would certainly guarantee a great crowd, particularly if played at the QEO like it once was.

Agree there Hellboy :thumbsu: I played many moons ago in an U/17 game at the QEO against the LVFL. I remember there was a fair build up at our end on the Thursday night at Toolleen at both senior and underage levels, and imagine back then (early 90's) the same could be said for the opposition camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back