Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Trev had a good Christmas, He must weigh all of 70kg's now.
Where do you think Trev should play gerta. He does get pushed around a little to easy for dominant/key positions.

Ahh good to see things haven't changed for the young bean pole.. I'd love to see him play well in the ruck. Trev was always very good at the centre bounce, but around the ground could get pushed around easily.

Hopefully i'll get to make the short trip down the road to have a look at a few Marong games this year.

Marong will be far more competitive this season. Freddo has focused on player retention, and adding depth to the list. Brad McCormick is the only key loss at this stage but the club is hopeful he will return from OS in time to qualify for finals. There have been good numbers on the track and with the Maryborough night series and another practice match lined up, fitness should be vastly improved. Without getting carried away, we would expect to play finals this year.

Not getting carried away??? Expect to play finals??? I think you should be aiming at 5 wins as a first goal after last seasons performances...

You won one game last year so to go from that to finals is well above expectations.

Good Luck to you all but I think you may be placing too high of expectations on yourselves.

Not getting carried away??? Expect to play finals??? I think you should be aiming at 5 wins as a first goal after last seasons performances...

You won one game last year so to go from that to finals is well above expectations.

Good Luck to you all but I think you may be placing too high of expectations on yourselves.

why wouldnt marong aim for finals? were in a position too win more games last year but fitness told out. with a stronger list and more fitness under the belt theres no reason why marong shouldnt aim for finals, stranger things have happened thats for sure.

Spot on Hirdy. Why wouldn't any side be aiming for finals. Why else are we here.
I think a few people will be surprised with the improvement from Marong. Freddo has worked damn hard recruiting, fitness is at the foremost of pre-season so far and the quality young players sticking around instead of going to BFL is impressive.

Look Out!

Yeah marong are sounding pretty strong for the up coming season. But rumour has it there has been a mass exodus of players from the bulldogs of the HDFL to the bulldogs of the LVFL.

Can anybody confirm this and if so who are these fellas?

have heard the bears forward line will be severly depleted with the departures of nessie, gerta and the two wooma's. how will they cover this and who are all there recruits this season?

have heard the bears forward line will be severly depleted with the departures of nessie, gerta and the two wooma's. how will they cover this and who are all there recruits this season?

I think most blokes would go who??? dunkarob... :D

Apparently the bears have recruited quite well, or are in the process of recruiting well. Still looking for a big bloke to due the ruck work..

Spot on Hirdy. Why wouldn't any side be aiming for finals. Why else are we here.
I think a few people will be surprised with the improvement from Marong. Freddo has worked damn hard recruiting, fitness is at the foremost of pre-season so far and the quality young players sticking around instead of going to BFL is impressive.

Look Out!

Yes correct mate. So who are the youngsters that will give Marong their all.

Look Out!

Give the rest of the league some credit. Do you think they will all be waiting for Marong to catch up? I am sure all clubs are recruiting well and also doing fitness work.
The comments about being in winning positions last year is irrelevant as clubs in grand finals will tell you the same, but its all about winning.

They need a few big signings to help kids who will not be able to handle everything that happens in their first year of senior footy as they may not have the time space or size to do so. I dont think they are there yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most blokes would go who??? dunkarob... :D

Apparently the bears have recruited quite well, or are in the process of recruiting well. Still looking for a big bloke to due the ruck work..

Any names there please GERTA? Also wondering if can inform me on a player that was at serp last season i think by the name of rob duncann, seen he was cleared ther from beulah in the mallee. i think i may have played with him about ten years ago at werrimul....

Any names there please GERTA? Also wondering if can inform me on a player that was at serp last season i think by the name of rob duncann, seen he was cleared ther from beulah in the mallee. i think i may have played with him about ten years ago at werrimul....

Dunks was training the house down at Serp before he was cleared to Beulah. I think he only managed to play a couple of praccy matches and maybe one or two of the regular season before heading to Beulah. Not sure how he went up there, but i'm sure he would have been a handy pick up... Good bloke to have around a club..

As for names of recruits for Serp there are a couple from the NCFL that they have been chasing and hope to get, and a few others as well. I did get told the names but honestly can't remember. Apparently have recruited a lot better than last year.

Give the rest of the league some credit. Do you think they will all be waiting for Marong to catch up? I am sure all clubs are recruiting well and also doing fitness work.
The comments about being in winning positions last year is irrelevant as clubs in grand finals will tell you the same, but its all about winning.

Fair Point GG.
But last year Marong were competitive for the first half for most games. But then died and handed a few thrashings. Hopefully Marong this year will have the endurance to be competitive for four quarters. If our fitness matches everyone else's you wont have to 'wait for Marong to catch up'. We will be right there beside you.

They need a few big signings to help kids who will not be able to handle everything that happens in their first year of senior footy as they may not have the time space or size to do so. I dont think they are there yet.

you make a good point in saying no one will wait for marong too catch up, but no one said they will be. we had more room for improvement fitness wise than anyone else so if we keep the hard work up, we will be the most improved side fitness wise in the league, which should start us off level with everyone. as for the recruiting freddo's working very hard too recruit players too the club, and with them new signings and the fitness up too scratch expect too see big improvement this year, as i said in an earlier thread.

you make a good point in saying no one will wait for marong too catch up, but no one said they will be. we had more room for improvement fitness wise than anyone else so if we keep the hard work up, we will be the most improved side fitness wise in the league, which should start us off level with everyone. as for the recruiting freddo's working very hard too recruit players too the club, and with them new signings and the fitness up too scratch expect too see big improvement this year, as i said in an earlier thread.

why were you so unfit,was there blokes not prepared to do the hard work, or was there injuries, i hope it was injuries, if not its about changing the blokes mind set, and thats one of the hardest things to do, will be good to see marong on the up, will have to come and watch a few games.

Is Big shev still there
yeah beeb test big shev will still be filling up the goal square at riverside....

also heard that he is vice president out there now...very noble of the big man..should do something to quash rumours he is only out there to collect his his pay cheques..

why were you so unfit,was there blokes not prepared to do the hard work, or was there injuries, i hope it was injuries, if not its about changing the blokes mind set, and thats one of the hardest things to do, will be good to see marong on the up, will have to come and watch a few games.

You should get to see them at least twice this year!!!:D

Dunks was training the house down at Serp before he was cleared to Beulah. I think he only managed to play a couple of praccy matches and maybe one or two of the regular season before heading to Beulah. Not sure how he went up there, but i'm sure he would have been a handy pick up... Good bloke to have around a club..

As for names of recruits for Serp there are a couple from the NCFL that they have been chasing and hope to get, and a few others as well. I did get told the names but honestly can't remember. Apparently have recruited a lot better than last year.

cant be the same dunks i know.... he would never train, to fat and lazy...have to check out how he went at beulah, probably got stuck in the bar and couldn't play......:p

It's hard to put into context without looking like we're just making excuses. Late start contributed to a lack of fitness, not great preseason recruitment which doesn't lend itself to a 'good feeling' around the place, injuries to key players (Rogers, Franklin, McCormick, Carson, Milner, Thompson x2, Williams), lack of depth. Forget the excuses, all of this means 15 at training which makes putting together any sort of football side near impossible.

The thing is, we're not playing AFL. Change can occur very quickly. The promotion of one of the club's (and league's) finest and most respected players to coach, numbers at training, a new heirachy, green grass, plenty of new faces; all of this makes that 'losing' mind set easy to change. Finishing last should be enough to change the mind set of anyone who was part of Marong FC in 2007.

Was only having light fun with you that is why I put haha at the end, I do the same so I am no one to talk sorry if you took it the wrong way mate:)

I may be off the mark, but go with me on this:
  • youngcitychick bursts on the scene, makes some outlandish statements then disappears in December
  • Gossip Girl starts posting in early November, the exact time that ycc is being pasted for making ridiculous statements
  • Gossip Girl/ gossipgirl - seriously?
  • ycc and gossipgirl both have a tendency to carry on about the Newbridge netballers.
  • Posts by both gossip girls very close together (see posts #1964- #1967)
  • gossipgirl first post not that long after youngcitychick's last post.
  • Chick/ girl
Coincidence? I don't think so! What are the chances that they are all one and the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back