Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is one that you really need to see the entire identity system to get a feel for it. This level of simplicity is very hard to achieve. Pentagram know what they're doing.

When a logo refresh presents such a dull and boring font, I don't need the full package.

AOL is a case in point.

The branding add-ons shown in its reveal maybe 10-15 years ago did nothing for me to think positively about it.

When a logo refresh presents such a dull and boring font, I don't need the full package.

AOL is a case in point.

The branding add-ons shown in its reveal maybe 10-15 years ago did nothing for me to think positively about it.

If you have an interest in brand design, it is worth checking these links out.

AFL_Women's_logo.png

I never realised what the AFLW logo was until reading this on Wiki

The logo is a stylised rendition of an Australian rules football ground goal square and goal posts, drawn from a perspective that resembles a "W".[19]

There's an ambiguous perspective going on though: either we view the goal posts from the stands or from inside the playing area and underneath. Clearly a women's game should have nothing suggesting one view it from below. So I did a 5 minute paint job to try and resolve the perspective:

AFL_Women's_logo_2.png

View attachment 2124108

I never realised what the AFLW logo was until reading this on Wiki

The logo is a stylised rendition of an Australian rules football ground goal square and goal posts, drawn from a perspective that resembles a "W".[19]

There's an ambiguous perspective going on though: either we view the goal posts from the stands or from inside the playing area and underneath. Clearly a women's game should have nothing suggesting one view it from below. So I did a 5 minute paint job to try and resolve the perspective:

View attachment 2124112
That's how I've always seen it, from the stands behind and to the left of the goals. It's a very clever logo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back