deliberate!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2003
In Bake Jatchelor's shadow
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Now I know Richo takes great contested marks and kicks goals when he's on song, but in the past 2 weeks do we, overall, look like a cleaner ball handling unit without Richo playing? I think so....
Does Richo's fumbling, bumbling unsure general play rub off on the entire team?
Bar the players who had quiet days in the past 2 weeks, have we seen less mistakes overall by the team? Do we look more competent?
Is that a decent perception?
IMO, I think we look alright right across the lines. I don't worry too much about any area doing their job. In the past I worried about the forward line.
Or do I feel more confident watching the team without Richo than with Richo running around?
Do others feel we still are a chance in most games without Richo?
The team does look a lot more even across the board.
IMO, the team looks like a team, and not a one-man band from past years.
(Don't just shred me on this cause it's deliberate!! posting this, tell me why we are better, this current side, with Richo)

I think we are a better team with Richo. Last week I was really disappointed that Richo was out because Essendon (like a number of teams) have nobody who matches up on Richo. Having him floating into the forward line makes us dangerous I reckon. Interesting thread.

Probably cos he's one of the best 15 players in the league. Also, his hard running, work rate and just how much he gives for the club rubs off on the kids as much, if not more than his fumbling, which is barely an issue anyway.

I think the team is functioning much much better. Not Richo conscious, which is really helping us out eg.10 different goal kickers. Good signs for when the big man does decide to hang up the boots.

Interesting thread once again. :thumbsu:

No Doubt we are a much stronger side with Richo in the team it adds another element another gear to our game. You put yourself in this position at HBF have to kick to a contest if it is Cleve and Jack presenting you may not even kick it and get tackled and **** it up. You see Richo you kick it the man makes a contest and more often than not wins.

He also has added this ability this year to run of the centre square and push forward or back he has been massive and when we have needed him to go forward and kick goals he has so without a doubt he is a must in our team.

Is he the most important player? Probably I would say so yes.

However I think Deledio is fast closing I genuinely think Brett Deledio will be a dead set superstar these next 6 games and next year will be amazing from Brett he just has everything.

Richo's skills are underrated. You put him in front of goal and he looks like a joker, but when its his turn to put it "laces-out" to a teammate, he's one of the best we have.

His skills and decision-making around the ground goes un-noticed. He's probably better than a Newman.

;)

I would write exactly this. But the other way around. " Newmans skills are underrated" etc. etc.

lol.

No Doubt we are a much stronger side with Richo in the team it adds another element another gear to our game. You put yourself in this position at HBF have to kick to a contest if it is Cleve and Jack presenting you may not even kick it and get tackled and **** it up. You see Richo you kick it the man makes a contest and more often than not wins.

He also has added this ability this year to run of the centre square and push forward or back he has been massive and when we have needed him to go forward and kick goals he has so without a doubt he is a must in our team.

Is he the most important player? Probably I would say so yes.

However I think Deledio is fast closing I genuinely think Brett Deledio will be a dead set superstar these next 6 games and next year will be amazing from Brett he just has everything.

I will be pretty difficult with a torn meniscus in his knee:thumbsdown:

We have to lift this week to beat Brisbane

Essendon were up against it with thier injuries in the end and a big improvement is needed. Hardly the form to think that we dont want to tamper with the team.

i agree, well sort of. I agree with what u say about our skills they have certainly been better the last 2 games then i have seen them in a long time, but i don't think it has anything to do with Richo. The boys are just starting to take shape and with Richo back this week..... Brisbane are in big trouble..

Now I know Richo takes great contested marks and kicks goals when he's on song, but in the past 2 weeks do we, overall, look like a cleaner ball handling unit without Richo playing? I think so....
Does Richo's fumbling, bumbling unsure general play rub off on the entire team?
Bar the players who had quiet days in the past 2 weeks, have we seen less mistakes overall by the team? Do we look more competent?
Is that a decent perception?
IMO, I think we look alright right across the lines. I don't worry too much about any area doing their job. In the past I worried about the forward line.
Or do I feel more confident watching the team without Richo than with Richo running around?
Do others feel we still are a chance in most games without Richo?
The team does look a lot more even across the board.
IMO, the team looks like a team, and not a one-man band from past years.
(Don't just shred me on this cause it's deliberate!! posting this, tell me why we are better, this current side, with Richo)
I agree with the jist of what you are saying ... but Richo is still an asset

What the last fortnight proves is that the day the big fella hangs his boots up we won`t have to slit our wrists .

I know its treason to say something like this and i am not bagging the bloke in any way ... but i am excited about our future in the sense that we have been so one dimensional for 12-13 years it is great to see a forward line that has an armoury of weapons instead of our game plan that has consisted of Plan #A ... kick and hope richo marks it ...:thumbsu::eek:

He has been a true marvel the way he has played the last 18 months and a real credit to himself ... career best work for mine and is near impossible to match up on when up the ground , but going forward without him will be equally exciting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's a tough one coz we've played well with him and without him...Intertestingly in last fortnight we have kicked 24 then 16 goals. with the role he now plays he should only enhance our setup particularly v good sides as he draws a quality opponent. we will welcome him back v the lions with open arms:thumbsu:

Excellent quote. Winning games without Richo means we are not a 1 man team. Does not mean he is not important. He drags the best defender, sometimes even 2. To say we don't need him is just plain silly.

Leading the comp in contested marks. Bit hard to do that if you are a crap player.

Will add as well ... would have been nice having him sneaking back last week against the bombers when Laycock was taking a couple of cheap ones .

That wouldn`t have happened ;)

We have been missing a player who can drift across our back line taking grabs. Polak did a bit of it last year and Richo this year and before that it was Andy Kellaway.

It is probably the only thing missing from us having a decent backline.

He has been good this year - we really missed him against the bombers

What a load of shit - "we have played to great over the last two weeks without Richo." :rolleyes:

Week 1 against the Eagles we were pretty good however the Eagles are abosolutly rabble wouldn't stop the Cobrug reserves team.

As for the the Essendon match, chezuz, we only JUST beat a side that had a) only 26 fit players to choose their side from and b) only had 19 players for the second half. Hardly convincing

So are we a better team without Richo?.... No

When will these stupid threads end :thumbsdown:

OK....Let me put it this way....
The past 2 weeks (though the side weren't A1) have shown to me that any of the current squad can get us across the line, where as in the past 10 years, if Richo didn't get us over the line, we struggled.

In other words, while Richo still value adds to the team, we can function and win without Richo. And we are just as exciting.
In the last 2 weeks, we've had a peek of the future.

I've gone to see Richo play since his first game. I can now see a future without Richo. A fast moving & clean scoring Black & Yellow.

Richo is in Career best form and a genuine chance for the Brownlow... Silly thread.
If it's such a silly thread, why would you post a 2nd time?.....noobie numbnuts!

When will these stupid threads end :thumbsdown:
When Richo retires and all we're left with is your stupid non-relevant nick.

:eek:

OK....Let me put it this way....
The past 2 weeks (though the side weren't A1) have shown to me that any of the current squad can get us across the line, where as in the past 10 years, if Richo didn't get us over the line, we struggled.

In other words, while Richo still value adds to the team, we can function and win without Richo. And we are just as exciting.
In the last 2 weeks, we've had a peek of the future.

I've gone to see Richo play since his first game. I can now see a future without Richo. A fast moving & clean scoring Black & Yellow.
Don't you just hate it when posters don't get the meaning of a thread. As soon as someone mentions life without Richo out come all the 'fans' to tell you how stupid you are for suggesting such a thing.

The day Richo announces he is retiring HelpLine better have an few thousand extra staff rostered on to deal with the depression that will inevitably swamp those of you who think Richmond, without Richo playing, is stuffed.

Some of you need to take of the 'Richo' goggles and look at the big picture. We have seen the forward line function rather well this season since Richo moved away from it. The last 2 weeks without Richo playing we have won 2 from 2 and for the record the last time we won 2 straight without Richo in the side was Rounds 7-8 2002.

The way I see it, we don't need Richo in the side to be a chance of winning games like we used to. To put it another way, with Richo missing last week I felt we were just as likely to win against the Bombers as we would have been with Richo playing. When was the last time anyone believed that? My guess is sometime around 1995.

The future of our forward line and general line up is looking bright with Richo AND without him. But I am champing at the bit to see him on the park at the Dome on Saturday night, and I am guessing the big fella is champing as well. Whatever champing means! I bet my house there is no one on this forum who would pass up a fit Richo.

The future of our forward line and general line up is looking bright with Richo AND without him. But I am champing at the bit to see him on the park at the Dome on Saturday night, and I am guessing the big fella is champing as well. Whatever champing means! I bet my house there is no one on this forum who would pass up a fit Richo.

always wondered that myself:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the team...(These 2 weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back