Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Never left a game ever. And that included sitting through the 157 flogging at the hands of Geelong at Marvel in 2007. It's no wonder I hate those flogs as much as Pies, Blues and Bombers.

I left that one at half time and have absolutely no regrets.

Went out onto Bridge rd and got laid. Winners are grinners

the earliest ive ever left was quarter time
I left Dreamtime at half time once. Was the one Sam Lonergan played. **** he was hopeless and I left purely because I didn't want to see any more of him 😂😂

Get a pick #1 in the team and the people will come.

At the moment we don't really have a drawcard. Before we were winning we had a young Dusty, Jack and Cotch and later Rance. It was exciting and you could see our game plan develop week by week.

Now we have Jayden Short and Ben Miller playing like an ice junkie. 😂

I left Dreamtime at half time once. Was the one Sam Lonergan played. **** he was hopeless and I left purely because I didn't want to see any more of him 😂😂
the nahas dreamtime when he shanked it

40,000 tigers left at that moment

and another big reason the game was empty - a massive Cost of Living issue. Even if you have the membership, getting to the games, feeding the family at the games etc etc etc. It's expensive to leave your house atm
I don’t think that’s a factor when you have a seasons tix
Bleak weather + bleak prospects = poor crowd , for any Vic team

Get a pick #1 in the team and the people will come.

At the moment we don't really have a drawcard. Before we were winning we had a young Dusty, Jack and Cotch and later Rance. It was exciting and you could see our game plan develop week by week.

Now we have Jayden Short and Ben Miller playing like an ice junkie. 😂
Bit of truth in all that , the journey gotta start all over again , mish mash right now

I don’t think that’s a factor when you have a seasons tix
Bleak weather + bleak prospects = poor crowd , for any Vic team

Its a death of a 1000 lashes tho. I've had games & gigs where i've got a ticket and exactly for the reasons you have mentioned i haven't gone (weeknight, cold, im tired, shit day at work etc), but also the factor sometimes is "Parking is $20. Then i will get a beer & a feed as don't have time to get some before hand". Can i be ****ed spending $80 just so i don't waste a $40 ticket?"

Its a death of a 1000 lashes tho. I've had games & gigs where i've got a ticket and exactly for the reasons you have mentioned i haven't gone (weeknight, cold, im tired, shit day at work etc), but also the factor sometimes is "Parking is $20. Then i will get a beer & a feed as don't have time to get some before hand". Can i be ****ed spending $80 just so i don't waste a $40 ticket?"
If you're frugal like me tho you can travel on the cheap either park on outskirts of Richmond like I do or train it . I go to game with a mate we have res seats together I checked in he was going coz I wouldn’t have if he wasn’t ,,,and it was weather ,,,was cold and damp and I was pretty certain we wouldn’t win , but we bared it and the lads made a contest of it
Footy is reasonably cheap entertainment, I totally get that peeps find better things to do when team is being smacked plus weather is fowl ,,,over to the club to market the next generation, much investment and planning req over summer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of truth in all that , the journey gotta start all over again , mish mash right now
Yep we are in the worst spot now. A lot of footy is relied on clubs selling hope. Ultimately most teams wont win a flag and its the hope of getting there that draws us in.

We are at the point there is little hope with our current list. This is as bad as it will be hopefully for another 10-15 years.

Get pick 1 (or 2 or 3) and pair them with a couple of other picks inside 20 and people will start to have hope again. If we had an 18yo Dusty out there yesterday the crowd wouldn't have been 19k.

No we drafted them at the end of 2004
yep you are right. 2004 was the year we got Nathan Brown - that was an even bigger acquisition

Was the game they are talking about against Fremantle? If so it was a f-ing horrendous day. Pissing down rain and windy. I was there in the stands wearing a ponch. I think we had a 5 goal lead at half time and then ended up losing by 7, even in those conditions. It was the f-ing worst that day. The only upside was i got shitfaced from the 2 hipflask of bourbon i hid in my army jacket.

How right you are Magic ... should sell out home game against the Giants to Canberra for $500K a year.for the next 60 years to come up with money needed for the new Grand Stand
Of course, $15 million is for the basement parking for silvertails so technically it's only 30 years of selling our souls.

yep you are right. 2004 was the year we got Nathan Brown - that was an even bigger acquisition

Was the game they are talking about against Fremantle? If so it was a f-ing horrendous day. Pissing down rain and windy. I was there in the stands wearing a ponch. I think we had a 5 goal lead at half time and then ended up losing by 7, even in those conditions. It was the f-ing worst that day. The only upside was i got shitfaced from the 2 hipflask of bourbon i hid in my army jacket.
Oh , you’re in the army

I'd probably blame the fact there is nothing exciting the club at the moment. Tons of injuries, bottom of the ladder, poor form, new coach that's getting hung out to dry while everyone up top is collecting their paychecks.. I'd probably blame the latter group. The only person that's really communicating is Yze, and he's the new guy! Where's everyone else?! Where's the folks who hired him and why are they hiding in the shadows so he can take all the beatings?

Which beatings are they? He's doing the same pressers that every coach does, it's part of the gig and no big drama. No one is hammering him with aggressive questioning...everyone appreciates where we are at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back