Autopsy Loss to Sydney - quite literally no words will adequately sum this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to be that annoying opposition supporter that bobs up after a close loss, but as bad as our midfield is at the moment, your midfield was unbelievable today.

Even when we were as bad as we are now a few seasons ago, I don't remember our midfield being destroyed this bad in the last decade.

Sheezel was incredible and Wardlaw had a seriously impressive first game. In a year where Ashcroft hadn't kicked that goal that he kicked, Curtis' goal would comfortably be goal of the year.

Commiserations, you were the better team (which is probably a backhanded compliment), unfortunately the result was out of the players' hands given the infringement. Mammoth effort from the playing group given the circumstances.

Last edited:

The final free kick will overshadow the bad calls made all day by the umpires. That was god damn frsutrating. So many of their goals stemmed from free kicks up the ground.

Here’s an idea. If they don’t want more than 75 interchanges don’t penalise a team for going over tell the team they’ve reached 75 so they don’t complete anymore interchanges.

So we lost because of an admin fugg up. New ground for us.

Lots of positives - Sheezel, Wardlaw looks fantastic, plenty of spirit.

But our tackling is still laughable, our forward line shambolic at times - can we have a couple of forwards who actually try and play in front?

Hahaha all good. And forgive my Saints comment, hope you guys can give finals a real shake this year.
All good mate, hope you guys are up there soon too.

oh crap GIF

Just like WWE's sports entertainment, I didn't like the storyline. AFL please hire some better writers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheezel with 25 and 2.2. The kid is just sensational. Wardlaw and Phillips both positives.
Powell even showed up and kicked one in the last. Bailey Scott was brilliant. We get to bring back LDU, Goater and Thomas into this team eventually. Huge positives to take away from it.

We will get towelled up by the better teams because our transition defence is still diabolical, but I'm glad we fought it out, scored 90 points and lost due a mishap off the field rather than on it.

Interesting Fox showed the replay and audio leading up to the free kick and there were no interchanges happening at the time...so presumably the 76th interchange happened some time before that. Would have made a difference if it was called earlier when the ball wasnt in the Swans forward line...

Bad as we all feel, spare a thought for poor old Nostradamus. He has to deal with the loss and Bailey Scott’s performance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah this so called spud that played a blinder…but yeah week in week out and today it will be the skip Bayless response of ….he fudged this handball or that. Kick. Not actually going . You no what he played his role today. Guess we won’t have long to wait.

We made too many interchanges.

Why do you think a professional sport means the umpires should just ignore clear rules that every other team has to follow?

We ****ed up and it cost us. It sucks but blaming the umpires is a loser mindset that only befits StKilda flogs.
yep they paid that one but didnt pay the dozen or so HTB that were clearly there for all to see and HTB is a rule too…
you now get a glimpse as to why the frustrations…

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Loss to Sydney - quite literally no words will adequately sum this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back