Game Day Lost Dogs Home V Lions 30/3/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VFL team got well beaten too really have no idea what to do for the season now other then do a Collingwood of 2021 and get a top 3 draft pick new young coach and reset

We got beaten well because we didn't have a single AFL listed player in our midfield or a single key position player.

We got beaten well because we didn't have a single AFL listed player in our midfield or a single key position player.
And that is the issue, Treloar is our only missing mid yet we have no one to bring in to shake up our clearly poor midfield

Mix up the midfield unit.

Liked what Garcia showed.

Throw Richards in there for a bit of pace.

Give Williams a run in the guts - his time at the dogs might be up if something doesn't change anyway so it's worth a shot.

Hell, put Baker in there - has some wheels & can tackle. Alternative is probably a few average games & McComb takes his spot (you know Bevo will do that).

Have to change something to try get something different in there it's bland AF.

In: Khamis, Cleary, Jones, Treloar, McNeil, Gardner

Out: Mclean, BSmith, McComb, West, Darcy, Keath

Last edited:
And that is the issue, Treloar is our only missing mid yet we have no one to bring in to shake up our clearly poor midfield

It's because all of our small forwards are missing, shuffling players who would be playing as VFL midfielders into the AFL forward line.

It's because all of our small forwards are missing, shuffling players who would be playing as VFL midfielders into the AFL forward line.
Our VFL "midfielders" aren't midfielders though at AFL level or even remotely close to it

If Arthur Jones gets up, I'd bring him straight into the AFL side even if it has to be as sub. We desperately need some pace, energy & excitement in the forward half.

Khamis must come in to the side. Other than him, I've got no idea who else deserves inclusion. McNeil didn't play for Footscray so no observable form there.
We just can't run with other teams - Khamis' weak spot is his running.
I'm not sure this helps.

So easy to drop Darcy .Kill his confidence and then do the same with Baku.Coach could have swapped him with Bruce.He didn't. Then he had a bad ruck contest and was subbed.And the sub didn't change anything.
If Lobb is in sure.Otherwise why?
Ditto West just give him a whole game in the guts.Play Macrae forward.
If he fails well we know!

Out Bruce ,Crozier ,Mcomb ,Dureya

In Baku,Cleary ,JJ ,Clarke

Last edited:
So easy to drop Darcy .Kill his confidence and then do the same with Baku.Coach could have swapped him with Bruce.He didn't. Then he had a bad ruck contest and was subbed.And the sub didn't change anything.

Darcy's TOG was managed during pre-season too.
I suspect that barring injury he was always going to get subbed so gets a strong 8 minute on-ball stretch to rest English just before that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ditto West just give him a whole game in the guts.Play Macrae forward.
If he fails well we know!

It’s a double edged sword.

What’s worse for his confidence? Playing in our mess of a forward line, barely touching the ball and being low in the pecking order? Or heading back to the VFL to develop and play as the main guy against lesser competition?

Definitely no point in dropping Darcy, he needs experience at the top level.
Won’t get anywhere playing in our VFL.
Same for JUH.
The more games they play together the quicker the force they’ll become.

I definitely still want Khamis in. Can play either end along with Darcy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thoughts about keeping the same team, subject to injury? Wholesale changes is hardly going to address many of the issues - they are structural mainly. If anything a more stable team has a better shot of fixing them. It's not like the reinforcements are going to make a big difference.

In: Khamis
Out: McComb
Green Vest: West

Macrae to spend more time on the left HBF, meaning we have out best left foot making decisions for our standard rebound launch pad - he can decide whether to pinpoint up the line, or kick on the angle into the centre (he's our best left foot for this).

English, Bont and Libba to play in the middle the whole time - no more Bont to FF. We can rotate Macrae in when they're resting. Daniel has to go to HFF so he can be the deliverer inside 50, where his creativity and vision will be more helpful than his non-preferred left foot on the left HBF where it currently is (if Keath isn't kicking it..!!!). It also takes Crozier's risky left boot out of the equation (but Crozier is still good for back pocket as he's strong defensively and at ground level scrapping)

Definitely no point in dropping Darcy, he needs experience at the top level.
Won’t get anywhere playing in our VFL.
Same for JUH.
The more games they play together the quicker the force they’ll become.

I definitely still want Khamis in. Can play either end along with Darcy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Darcy was a liability v Melbourne and even worse v Saints. He needs experience but he also needs time to develop his body and strength, he needs to go back to VFL for now as he’s just getting massacred

Does anyone know when the Rd 3 team is named? Wednesday 6:25pm perhaps?

Asking for a friend ...
images

If West and Darcy were named Gardner and McComb we'd be begging for them to be banished for the next 10 games neither are remotely ready to impact at AFL level and need to get some genuine form in the VFL before coming back in

The WESTERN BULLDOGS are hopeful star duo Adam Treloar and Rory Lobb will be ready for Thursday night’s clash against Brisbane.

Lobb (ankle) and Treloar (hamstring) trained well on Saturday, but a five-day turnaround will give them, as well as key defender Ryan Gardiner(elbow), limited time to prove they’re fully fit to play.

Speaking after Saturday night’s poor loss to St Kilda, Dogs coach Luke Beveridge said it was a “possibility” Treloar and Lobb would be ready for Brisbane

“We’ll wait and see. It’s a short week for us and we need to freshen up pretty quickly, but that’s a chance,” he said.

What about putting JJ to half back where he used to be a star, or is this too simple.

The guy was a star, gets tagged out of it for half a season, gets asked to defend only and not run, then gets moved out of defence never to return (why never given another chance?).

He aint going to be tagged now.

He gets picked round 1 despite an interrupted preseason and no practice, has a bad one and gets dropped.

i believe JJ has been poorly managed since 17

What about putting JJ to half back where he used to be a star, or is this too simple.

The guy was a star, gets tagged out of it for half a season, gets asked to defend only and not run, then gets moved out of defence never to return (why never given another chance?).

He gets picked round 1 despite an interrupted preseason and no practice, has a bad one and gets dropped.

Because he is no longer as quick his kicking has lost it's punch and we had him there last week in the 2nd half and he was awful

He played half back on the weekend in VFL, hopefully that’s the plan as we need some ran back there and Gallagher not ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back