Game Day Lost Dogs Home V Lions 30/3/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not expect Lobb, Treloar of Gardiner to play and JUH is evidently taking time away from the club unsure how long he is out. We will have our weakest side on paper for the season but does it really matter we are going to get smashed and maybe just lead to a quicker exit for Bevo. He has obviously lost the players and we do not know the full story. You just cannot kick one goal in 3.5 quarters against an inferior side in ability and there not to be bigger problems than personnel.

338011216_1240453483521759_6331002959534056542_n.jpg

Out: Bruce, Darcy, West, McLean
In: Gardner, Lobb, A.Jones, Khamis

If Lobb isn't declared fit then Darcy gets a reprieve, just feel like he could do with a run around the reserves and get some confidence. Treloar I'd be extra cautious with and given him another week. West has to go, thought he was the worst in a team full of terrible performances so give Arty a crack at it.
JJ to sub so no McComb anywhere near team too please.

Darcy 100% dropped. Was subbed immediately when he didn't even pressure the mark on conceding a free kick for an opposition goal. Come across quite entitled with poor mentality

Pending Lobb & Treloar don’t get up for it

Out - Darcy, McComb (omitted), JUH (personal)
In - Gardner, Khamis, AJones

Duryea-LJones-Gardner
Dale-Keath-Richards
Baker-Bont-Scott
Garcia-Naughton-McLean
AJones-Bruce-West

English-Bmith-Libba

Crozier, Macrae, Khamis, Daniel
Williams (sub)

We just can't run with other teams - Khamis' weak spot is his running.

I'm not sure this helps.

Cleary would be a good candidate cover's the ground pretty well , and a decent kick. Nothing too lose at this point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely no point in dropping Darcy, he needs experience at the top level.
Won’t get anywhere playing in our VFL.
Same for JUH.
The more games they play together the quicker the force they’ll become.

I definitely still want Khamis in. Can play either end along with Darcy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The point in dropping Darcy is that he's nowhere near an afl quality tall forward right now, I think he can play a role in the backline but as a forward it's of no benefit to anyone being in the side. It's two games into the season tyring to tank for the future is madness. Larkey spent a year playing very well in the vfl as have many talls before, you're not going to learn much if your confidence is gone.

Don’t think this was a personnel issue. The last toe games we have not come out with any fight or aggression. It’s one reason I hated the back away tactic- the psychology is all wrong - you want players to hunt and pressure - not be witches hats.

That said we also have to play our best available side:

- Assuming Lobb, Trelor and Gardner are available then three will need to come out.

- Darcy just got lost but we are also very slow at both ends and getting in each others way. He will probably miss out for Lobb.

- Forwards need strength - Naughton, Bruce and JUH with Lobb on the bench. Defenders Jones, Keath and Gardner is a good mix.

- Don’t understand McComb as a sub. Would replace with Khamis.

- The remaining two will come from West, García, Williams, Baker, Scott and maybe Daniel. I think West and García were the only ones that looked like they wanted to tackle and Scott played OK and Williams was also OK and has flexibility - so this would mean Baker and Daniel.

- For someone with Daniel’s ability this would seem crazy but I think he needs to play more in the mid. And Crozier was our only confident mark in defence. Duryea was not great but is a very different player. You also get a rotation between Crozier and Dale and Duryea with Richards.

The point in dropping Darcy is that he's nowhere near an afl quality tall forward right now, I think he can play a role in the backline but as a forward it's of no benefit to anyone being in the side. It's two games into the season tyring to tank for the future is madness. Larkey spent a year playing very well in the vfl as have many talls before, you're not going to learn much if your confidence is gone.

He’s not impacted at all up forward the first two weeks. But I’d rather see him play in defence with Jones and Gardner than dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back