Big Blow Hard

That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
Shit Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
Interesting interview on SEN with Matthew Lloyd this morning.

He claims Andrew Lovett has managed so far to show a complete attitude change, thanks by and large to a few home truths being told to him, and being shopped around for trade.

Lloyd claims he is fitter and stronger than he has ever been, and more importantly, his mental condition is so much better. Has apperently been training as well if not better than most. (Though I realise they say this about everyone, lol)

Lloyd believes we will see a "breakout" year form Lovett this year, and what we have seen so far could be the tip of the Lovett icebeg, so to speak.

All sounds good. I am a huge Lovett fan, and if he can deliver consistantly this season, we will be in great shape.

Keep the good work up Andy.

Yeah I am thinking the same. When he gets his head into it... who knows what he could be. Wow... what a cliche. ;)

I sat next to Lovey last year at a club dinner function and I have to admit. I was really flawed with just how human he is. Is a top bloke. Was surprisingly honest and candid.

I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I'm hoping he can string games together and not miss games through suspensions which he should not be copping.

A full season from Lovett would be awesome. He showed plenty last year but couldn't make it happen consistently.

Just don't expect 25 posessions and 2 goals a game :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, Lovett was quite consistent last season and barely gathered below 15 touches - its his chasing, harassing and pressure that need to become more consistent.

Very few people change who they are deep down.

Sure Lovett might change his attitude and might train a lot harder but in the heat of the battle he will most likely revert to who he is.

That doesn't mean he can't be a good player but don't expect him to come out and be superman all year.

He will still have lazy patches and times when he doesn't commit his body in certain situations but he will most likely be a more consistent player than what he has been.

He's a bloke who can win us games off his own boot we need him in our side, he loves the big games as well.

We have a few that can do that, never realised until I started to list them off in my head.

Lloyd, Lucas, Lovett, Hille, Davey, Mcviegh, Remiers and Iam still hoping one day to see Monfries do it but not sure it will happen.

Great to hear... Although I have to see to believe.

Frustrating to see such a talent wasted because of a poor attitude. Hopefully he sees that too now and is turning the corner this year.

Andy's second-half performance in that shocking game against the Eagles late last year restored my faith in this bloke. Along with Courtenay Dempsey he really sparked some life into a team that looked like an absolute train-wreck at the main break. If he can reproduce that kind of commitment at a consistent level then I'll be really damn happy. Good luck to him.

If he puts games together every second week and kicks 25 to 30 goals for the year he will have done enough. He should realise he has the potential to be a 40 goal forward who can play a role in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You hope he has changed. I guess if it is not evident this year, it may never happen. I guess we will soon find out.

So long as he keeps turning it on to break Carltons heart each time..:thumbsu:

I'm expecting Lovett to have 25 possessions and kick 2 goals every game! :p

Seriously, all this talk is great but all I care about are actions and his performances on and off the field.

He can add so much value to our side, but if he stuffs up again this year he's free to a good home as far as I'm concerned.

All this kinda talk was about Dyson last year so I wouldnt be paying a great deal of attention towards it. At least Lovett has some ability though.

They may haved talked about dyson this way last year, but l dont think anybody actually believed it. Atleast with lovett we all know he is capable of it.

Lovett fan also, hope it all comes together, not just for him but also the whole side..... God do we need it.

Very few people change who they are deep down.

Sure Lovett might change his attitude and might train a lot harder but in the heat of the battle he will most likely revert to who he is.

That doesn't mean he can't be a good player but don't expect him to come out and be superman all year.

He will still have lazy patches and times when he doesn't commit his body in certain situations but he will most likely be a more consistent player than what he has been.

He doesn't need to change. He simply needs to grow up; he's immature, and acted so. He'll be fine, and a very very good player.

What did Lloydy say about himself?

Can't remember it all. But I do remember him saying he had concentrating on losing a little muscle rather than bulking up. Indicated that he was more likely to be playing a similar role to last year and wanted to shed a little weight to allow him a bit more mobility.

Can't remember it all. But I do remember him saying he had concentrating on losing a little muscle rather than bulking up. Indicated that he was more likely to be playing a similar role to last year and wanted to shed a little weight to allow him a bit more mobility.

Yeah, I noticed he was heading that direction well before the break. You could tell from the photos of him training. Good move by him and probably Knights/Fitness staff, he has always been very solid in the upper body and with a roaming role he won't need as much muscle as he has previously had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett set for breakout year - Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back