News Lovett to St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we get short changed by this outcome ?

A lightning fast game breaker with a sublime kick who could really add something to a good team. However when he is bad he is no where. At almost 27yrs old, he aint no spring chicken either. The truth is he didn't want to play for us given we wouldnt tolerate his off field BS, furthermore he wont be there for our premiership tilt.

To get a first round draft pick ( No 16 ) is pretty good I think.

Frankly I think that I over rated him, the coaching staff did not rate his performance this year by placing him 11th or whatever.

Unless we can snag Burgoyne now we might see some radical changes to our game plan especially off half back. Me thinks Atko will play heaps more footy for us next year.

Win win for both clubs..

Win-win.

We get a second first round pick in the last untainted draft.

St Kilda get a pacey outside midfielder with great skills who with Hayes / Montagna etc feeding it to him, will be the icing on their midfield cake. He'll also be in his prime whilst their still challenging.

Considering we risked losing him for nothing, I'm quite content with this deal.

However as much as I like the Saints, it will kill me to see that arrogant **** (perhaps) taste premiership success with them.

In reality we wont be the loser. He av about mid 70's in SC and DT .He has an anger management control problem.
Knights may be looking for Burgyone with the deal of 16 pick in mind.

Classic win-win deal. Obviously everyone at Essendon and St Kilda were being very reasonable and realistic and the trade got done with a minimum of fuss. Compare this trade to the BS going on with Port and Hawks and the circus with Fevola over at Carlton. Well done to both clubs.

Shattered. Lovett is not worth pick 16. Surely we could've got Maguire or someone for him. Win for the Saints imo.

It is pretty much confirmed, not great news imo.

Maguire would've been nice.

lol pick #16 >>>> Ball or McGuire.

We could use a 3rd rounder on Goose if we were keen so why are you dissapointed.

Can't believe people would prefer to get washed up players over a decent pick.

I'm happy with this trade. Seems pretty fair for both parties.

Glad Ball wanted to go to Collingwood as he is a walking injury and is overrated (yes, including his "brilliant" half of a GF which was more stats than impact) and I hope we keep the picks and don't try to package them for Burgoyne as I think he is too old considering his injuries could possibly cruel him in the near future.

Good business for Lovett. He nearly went for a late 2nd round pick to Geelong last season, so has halved (or doubled) in value in that time.

It will be interesting to see what we now do with our remaining picks/players.

Well.... I hope we do something good with our pick!

He will fit in well at st Kilda, no shortage of douche-bags down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol pick #16 >>>> Ball or McGuire.

We could use a 3rd rounder on Goose if we were keen so why are you dissapointed.

Can't believe people would prefer to get washed up players over a decent pick.

bullcrap, pick 16 is better than ball. no matter which way you look at it, pick 16 is a gamble. Ball is a proven performer.
he was taken at pick 2 in the 2001 draft. IMO he would suit us well.
never keen on mcguire though.

Maguire and a draft pick, maybe?

Then again, Lovett has 3 years left, I would say trading a 27 year old for a player that will probably be around 10 years younger is a fair investment.

Not a bad result considering there was early talk of Fremantle getting him for nothing in the PSD.

Listening to Hamilton and Lovett's manager it sounds like he wasn;t as keen to go to Brisbane or Port and maybe they weren;t offering much for him.

Would have preferred a 2nd or 3rd rd upgrade along with pick 16 but I'm a greedy bastard.:)

You may have mis-heard what he said...we up until now haven't looked at Ball..we now have the luxury to do so.

Yeah you would have to think St.Kilda may have a few salary cap issues after picking up Lovett. Ball is a definite possibility, although i think it is unlikely

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lovett to St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back