Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Spend a winter in Toronto and I guarantee you will think our winters are shorts weather.
I didn't go because of the train works and getting home would have been a nightmare.
Otherwise would have gone, but not overly unhappy I didn't.
We play a horrible style of footy.
I've never understood this "you must go at all cost otherwise your not a fan" mentality.

Meanwhile, the same people who are saying that are defending the players for flirting with other clubs mid-season about moving in the off-season. Supporting Dimma for his poor personal choice's & quiting/lying to the club about "burnout" just to take on another role.

Pick.

A.

Lane.

Weather
Teams performance

Wasn’t worth attending

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly. I live in Brisbane & we only had the 1 game up here this year. I knew it was going to be a shitshow. I hate the Gabba & floater Lion supporters that fill it. I didn't go as i would have had to take a night off work which, quite frankly, is more fun than going to the game.

We lost by 120 points & put in a absolutely pathetic performance. I felt fine with the decision.

I bought one of those long sleeve thermal singlets for the cold weather.
Just put on more layers if it's too cold.
I love an icy cold day at the G.

Real footy weather.

I enjoyed the day despite the loss.

Lots of positives and saw the last bits of our VFL team including a cracking goal in the last quarter that sent the faithful alight.
Alannah and Maddeline merch was great also.
Got a beanie.
Sat up top. Had a half time scotch to warm up lol

will add, that this season is a completely hopeless season

we are year minus 1 of a re-build (we topped up, failed, & consequently have zero exciting prospects coming through our team)

next year will be year zero, & with a raft of a first round picks, all of a sudden even if we're not a good side, there is something to invest in as a supporter. Think back to around 2010-11 when we had Lids, Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Riewoldt et al. running around as cubs

FFS the current umpiring turns away 20,000.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
THIS for me is a significant factor. Just CBF watching a game that’s been hijacked by SHocking and incompetent and corrupt umpiring. Love my Club and I’ll continue to be a paid member, but the state of the game has taken the wind out of my sails.

Supporters perhaps tired of being begged-at by the club for a $40 million budget blow-out stand and massive debt?

I have found that very disillusioning, considering dropping my membership next year, because they are just pouring our hard earned cash into developers pockets. It's the old saying: it's easy to spend when it's not your money.

That has turned me off going to the games too, seems I'm not alone, the club has lost its way.
Pretty pathetic excuse , I could argue it’s pretty easy to take all you can when we’re going right then give nothing when the chips are down , project blowouts are out of our hands , good riddance to ya we don’t need your type with power to vote , soon your voice will be worth nothing more than blowing it into a brown paper bag

THIS for me is a significant factor. Just CBF watching a game that’s been hijacked by SHocking and incompetent and corrupt umpiring. Love my Club and I’ll continue to be a paid member, but the state of the game has taken the wind out of my sails.
It is not ffs , winning 2 games is the significant facto , if your honest that’s not stopping u

(Log in to remove this ad.)

talking of bandwagoners

anyone seen R2R since the club went to shit & her boy Dan started doing eyes at the Ex?

Wanna ask her if she still thinks Dan will end up being a better HBF for Richmond than Houli was by the end of his career :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I've never understood this "you must go at all cost otherwise your not a fan" mentality.

Meanwhile, the same people who are saying that are defending the players for flirting with other clubs mid-season about moving in the off-season. Supporting Dimma for his poor personal choice's & quiting/lying to the club about "burnout" just to take on another role.

Pick.

A.

Lane.
Also if you leave early you are not a fan.
**** off with that shit.
I'll leave whenever the **** I want.

I think most have covered most of the reasons. Recent retirements, Dimma, Benny, Peggy and Balmy moving on. The worst injury list imaginable coupled with Jack, Cotch, Edwards etc retiring. The perfect storm. We are now paying the price for success and father time through an aging list and younger players not quite ready.

I stopped going this year after the Port MCG game for two reasons ;

1 - The Reserved Seating members move from N5 to shit seats on the wing (2018).

and

2 - The rules of the game and the umpiring standards at our games.

First of all, I'm massively grateful for the 3 flags. I attended two with the family and family friends. We have been reserved seat members since the N5 Stand was built. It started off as just the three of us, then the kids started coming and now there's 12 of us. We attended every single home game in our darkest days, and I remember taking a photo in 2015 of our entire Reserve Seating row being empty.

Reserve Seating - We were moved in 2018 for the "corporate and executive memberships". Cash in on success. Righto - They all left in 2022, and N5 is empty again. Would be nice if they moved us back amongst RFC members, and not the riff raff of oppo supporters we currently have to put up with. They are shit seats anyway.

Umpiring / State of the game - Rules and interpretations were predominantly brough in in to mitigate our dominance. Free Kick ladder over the last 8 years is not a statistical anomaly. It is a manipulation. We are umpired differently.

The club can remedy the Reserved Seating problem, as N5 has been at less than 50% capacity for 2 years. Easy fix.
The club should be proactively working with the Umpires department to work why we give away many more free kicks that our opponents who additionally give away far less frees when they play against us. Stats don't lie.

I've only seen one survey this year, but had multiple emails to buy a brick. Club has its priorities up the shit.

We're not enjoyable to watch right now, plain and simple.

Even if we're not good next year at least we'll have some high-profile kids to get excited about, not a great deal to get excited about with the current crop other than they might become handy players.

FFS the current umpiring turns away 20,000.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is it for me. I can happily cop loosing each week so long as I see the kids put in effort. What makes the games enjoyable during this phase of a rebuild is that whilst you may not get the points you can head home with hope and say "Man that kid [BLANK] showed some fight today". I would even argue that the hope you can feel at the end of those games is a better feeling than winning a H&A against a team who don't care about.

What I can't cop is watching these kids try their heart out and put in good efforts and then not get rewarded where the rules state they should be. Hard running tackles not being rewarded, putting your body on the line and then getting illegally cleaned up with no free or any of the other frees that we should get that we don't. It is just cruel and I can't be bothered wasting my time and giving the AFL cash for it.

All in all it sucks because going to the games when no one around is great because you can sit by yourself and the line to the bar isnt 20 rows deep so you end up having to pre order to ensure that you don't have to make the treacherous trek back.

Also if you leave early you are not a fan.
**** off with that shit.
I'll leave whenever the **** I want.
the earliest ive ever left was quarter time

colonwood's 20k against freo on a friday night is worse than this crowd

they werent even last lol

also carltoons 16k twice in the space of 3 weeks against far bigger clubs than gws

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back