Toast Luke Hodge - 300 games in the Number 15. Brilliant player and a 'good bloke'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Hodgey on his 300th this week, sadly it has to be against us.

Top player on the field and a great guy off it too.

If he is not in a coaches box as head coach in the next 10 years I will be seriously shocked.

The heart and mind are still willing but the bodies looking more and more like it's struggling to do what he wants it to. Best to go out on top, than push through one year to many.

What a man.

What a legend.

Agree. Looked like he was struggling a little on Saturday, and I'd much rather see him go out on his terms than do a Goodes and play one season too many.

What a absolute legend! And a stellar career the best captain i have seen.
The way this is handled is awesome, learning from the mitchell saga the fans will get to give there hero a true sending off. Long rest #15

Burgoyne to go 1 more with this announcement.

I love the way he plays his footy and would probably turn gay for him. What he's done for our club over the years will take a long time to beat and if he does announce his retirement today, I can't thank him enough.

Congrats to Hodgey on his 300th this week, sadly it has to be against us.

Top player on the field and a great guy off it too.

If he is not in a coaches box as head coach in the next 10 years I will be seriously shocked.

Think it's fitting tbh

My favourite player since the great Johnny Platten. Devastated that he is retiring but the time is right. There have been definite signs this year that the great warrior has been a little punch drunk in certain passages of play. Irreplaceable but inevitable unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could really go either way. I hope he goes on one more. Can't bend over but his leadership is priceless.

Ahead of his 300th I'm highly doubting a retirement announcement.

Has 1 year contract extension written all over it. Hopefully........

Hodgey will be announcing his retirement 110%.. Decision was made weeks back.

Huge week for the club, this guy is a god, a statue needs to be erected ASAP.. Is there another player who has his type of legendary status at the club? Matthews and Hodgey on equal levels for mine, 2 of the greatest legends to pull on our jumper.

Give or take half a game, that's TWICE as many games as you! Still, you've hopefully got a few more good games left in ya Smithy.

I thought the agents identity was supposed to be a secret, like us sneaking into the eight, and being the second team in a year to win the flag fron 7th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Luke Hodge - 300 games in the Number 15. Brilliant player and a 'good bloke'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back