Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell the other day said Hodge is the best player on the field he has ever seen when the ball is not on his hand.

He does a lot for our team that is not picked up by the stats men.
THIS amazing footballer

Has he been reported? Or is he a Brownlow chance?

Second highest possession average of his career for a season so far. 24.94 Highest is 27 from 2005.

Not capable of winning the brownlow but will pole well, surely he is in contention for All Australian this year, everyone seems to have the likes of Pendlebury as locks when Hodge has been as consistent and has had as much impact as any of the midfielders going around.

I cannot remember the last time he had less then 22 possessions in a game?

Having a great season. Will be AA HBF for sure except that the selectors for AA watch one collingwood and one Geelong game a week and pick the rest of the squad based on stat sheets. I'd have him second in B&F behind Lewis (who won't make AA because of the aforementioned reason).

I doubt either will be in the All Australian team to be honest albeit both are probably deserving, most All Australian teams to this point only have Bruest as a lock then potentially Gunston on a half forward, that's it for Hawthorn.

For a team on top of the ladder that is pretty surprising, none of our players are in the top 10s for any of the media awards either, I guess it says a lot about the even contribution we get from all of our players week to week.

I think a guy like Pendlebury is a star and admittedly I do not watch as much as I do the Hawthorn players so probably prone to bias but I find it hard to believe that he has had a significantly better year than a Hodge or Lewis yet he seems to be a lock at the center man in all the All Australian teams you see.

I think you are probably right, guys like Selwood and Pendlebury are penciled in at the start of the year and only have to have a solid year to be certain starters in the final team.

I said last night I cannot remember the last time Hodge had under 20 odd possessions in a game, I had a look at his stats last night and there are only 2 games this year in which he has had less than 20, round 1 against Birsbane and round 2 when he went off at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Has had 20 + in every game since then, he is having one of his most consistent seasons for sometime.

Mitchell the other day said Hodge is the best player on the field he has ever seen when the ball is not on his hand.

He does a lot for our team that is not picked up by the stats men.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, simply because a big percentage of them are OUR SUPPORTERS throwing shit at one another. However, I believe what Mitch said in that interview, so for me Hodge is still a very important part of our B2B charge.

I said last night I cannot remember the last time Hodge had under 20 odd possessions in a game, I had a look at his stats last night and there are only 2 games this year in which he has had less than 20, round 1 against Birsbane and round 2 when he went off at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Has had 20 + in every game since then, he is having one of his most consistent seasons for sometime.

And when Hodge has 20 possessions, they are real possessions, which have a significant effect on a game.

Not the dinky little handballs to each other by certain unnamed players from teams like Gold Coast and Collingwood!

I love this thread.

One poor game and it appears. By the end of it we are talking about where he should be located in the AA team.

The guy is a superstar. He has been written off by everyone as finished in 2012. His body is basically shot, yet he is still dominating.

I am not looking forward to the day he hangs them up.

And when Hodge has 20 possessions, they are real possessions, which have a significant effect on a game.

Not the dinky little handballs to each other by certain unnamed players from teams like Gold Coast and Collingwood!
didn't count as a possession on the weekend but that spoil/hit he did on griffin was worth 5-10 'meaningless' statistics. the attitude, commitment and intent that instills in the team is invaluable. it also fuels many a man crush.

Title says it all.

Seems to have lost the ability to kick, he's always been slow and today he made some uncharacteristically bad decisions.

Where the f*** is Hodgey?

Lost the ability to kick?
Always been slow?

You may want to now say that you know sh*t

;)
;)
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just say something,

Today when we found out Luke Ball was hanging up the boots, I realised again amazing it was to pick up this Luke Hodge guy in that draft. The guy continues to be reliable as ever, and his ability to lead on the field keeps growing. Earlier in the year it was being speculated that Chris Judd might also retire, no doubt still a good player, but his prime passed many years ago, and his skill set that relies on being athletic and nimble is a shadow of what it was. Hodgy's elite disposal skills, his football brain, and his hard body work are effective as ever. Going on his efforts through 2014, he doesn't look close to retirement. He just keeps finding ways to be more useful on the field. Where is he at? Thank Heavens it's somewhere with us.

I just say something,

Today when we found out Luke Ball was hanging up the boots, I realised again amazing it was to pick up this Luke Hodge guy in that draft. The guy continues to be reliable as ever, and his ability to lead on the field keeps growing. Earlier in the year it was being speculated that Chris Judd might also retire, no doubt still a good player, but his prime passed many years ago, and his skill set that relies on being athletic and nimble is a shadow of what it was. Hodgy's elite disposal skills, his football brain, and his hard body work are effective as ever. Going on his efforts through 2014, he doesn't look close to retirement. He just keeps finding ways to be more useful on the field. Where is he at? Thank Heavens it's somewhere with us.

Hodge... Judd... Ball... the big three from the 2001 draft. A big decision to be made as to which one to pick up. Thank goodness we got it right!!

I just say something,

Hodgy's elite disposal skills, his football brain, and his hard body work are effective as ever. Going on his efforts through 2014, he doesn't look close to retirement. He just keeps finding ways to be more useful on the field. Where is he at? Thank Heavens it's somewhere with us.

The most important part of your post.
I saw all of Gary Ayres' career, and I put Luke Hodge on a par with Ayres when it comes to being a damn smart footballer.

Hodgey just needs another Norm Smith to match!

Interestingly I don't rate ball the third best from that draft . . . Clearly Hodge number 1 and Judd 2 though.

Sorry, it was more the media buildup at the time - these three were the potential 'top pick' standouts which were expected to go in the first three selections. The buildup was in what order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back