Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologise to who? If hodge has been reading this thread I'll gladly take the credit for turning his form around after he took my comments to heart.

He's had a good season after a shakey start and is still a valuable player. I won't be happy until we win the gf though.
Yes, we covered this. He played two bad quarters against Geelong and we lost thus his career was over.

Still 2 games to go....Has been brilliant mid-season but has been off the boil somewhat in the past 2-3 weeks, including the Qualifying final if we are all honest!...Perhaps his knee has flared up again as his time in the middle of late has diminished somewhat....Needs to step up & lead from the front & centre over the next 2 weeks to carry us over the line & cement his place in our history as one of the greats!

This flag is now ours to lose!

Still 2 games to go....Has been brilliant mid-season but has been off the boil somewhat in the past 2-3 weeks, including the Qualifying final if we are all honest!...Perhaps his knee has flared up again as his time in the middle of late has diminished somewhat....Needs to step up & lead from the front & centre over the next 2 weeks to carry us over the line & cement his place in our history as one of the greats!

This flag is now ours to lose!

Qualifying final Vs Geelong - 22 disposals, 1 goal, 8 marks, 3 tackles.

Hardly "off the boil" mate, he was excellent.

Also he was rested the previous week, and against Geelong before that he had 18 disposals, 8 marks.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Hodges form, This season, or in the last 3 weeks.

Qualifying final Vs Geelong - 22 disposals, 1 goal, 8 marks, 3 tackles.

Hardly "off the boil" mate, he was excellent.

Also he was rested the previous week, and against Geelong before that he had 18 disposals, 8 marks.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Hodges form, This season, or in the last 3 weeks.

Fair enuf Detox....But having watched the replay of our past 2 games against the Cats some half a dozen times now, I think you'll garner a better perspective from the actual games themselves than from the stat sheet alone!....He needs to step up!

Fair enuf Detox....But having watched the replay of our past 2 games against the Cats some half a dozen times now, I think you'll garner a better perspective from the actual games themselves than from the stat sheet alone!....He needs to step up!

If you watched them 6 times, then I struggle to see how you can critique his form, especially in the qualifying final.

Was very good from his numbers. Efficient, took marks, created play... Champion data agrees, as it rated him our 6th best on the night, behind only Mitch, Smith, Shiels, Hill and Gibson.

Definately didn't play the sort of game to warrant calls for him to "step up". Wasn't BOG but was very good.

Hodge has been good for mine. I've also noticed in the big games and finals he does a lot more work keeping the structures and team in the right spots.

Love his leadership.

Exactly. In an interview earlier this year, Sam Mitchell said: "he's the best player I've ever seen without the ball in his hands"

At the B&F last year, one of the coaches said that Hodgey never criticises his teammates. He encourages and instructs, and does whatever he can to get the best out of them.

He's more than just possessions.

Exactly. In an interview earlier this year, Sam Mitchell said: "he's the best player I've ever seen without the ball in his hands"

At the B&F last year, one of the coaches said that Hodgey never criticises his teammates. He encourages and instructs, and does whatever he can to get the best out of them.

He's more than just possessions.
How many more? What are these imaginary things worth in SuperCoach?

He's gotten very good at knowing when to exert himself. Managing his body out on the field as he gets older.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the dais where he belongs, being presented with his 2nd Norm Smith Medal, his 3rd Premiership & 2nd as Captain....You Beauty!

Luke Hodge is now a dead-set ****ing legend of the Hawthorn Football Club!....I take all my doubts I had about you back Luke, you've made me eat my words & a good dose of humble pie to boot....It tastes so freaking good!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back