Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Clarko said he wants to mentor him as a coach, would be fantastic.
He is already coaching out there on field. The amount of time he directs trafic is unbelievable. I wonder who will pick up the slack tonight.

I'm might be the only one but I'm not convinced he will necessarily make a good coach. I hear what people are saying about him being a leader on field but that is not the same as being an off-field coach, 90% of which involves non-game day work. I think the role he excels at is indeed as a captain. He may end up being a good coach but I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes into the media for awhile at least after he retires (which is hopefully a way off yet!).

Interestingly I don't rate ball the third best from that draft . . . Clearly Hodge number 1 and Judd 2 though.

I would have Ball behind: Mitchell, Swan, Bartell, Johnson, Lake, and I think you could argue Del Santo. Of course GAJ was in that draft, but I guess he doesn't count as a legit draft pick. Another Example of St Kilda's ability to screw up almost everything they touch.

I'm might be the only one but I'm not convinced he will necessarily make a good coach. I hear what people are saying about him being a leader on field but that is not the same as being an off-field coach, 90% of which involves non-game day work. I think the role he excels at is indeed as a captain. He may end up being a good coach but I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes into the media for awhile at least after he retires (which is hopefully a way off yet!).

I am not sure he'll make a good head coach at Hawthorn. The ex-champ thing just doesn't seem to work. He's already an assistant coach, and it would be worth having him in that sort of role when he retires, but if he does coach, I would imagine it will be at another club.

I am not sure he'll make a good head coach at Hawthorn. The ex-champ thing just doesn't seem to work. He's already an assistant coach, and it would be worth having him in that sort of role when he retires, but if he does coach, I would imagine it will be at another club.

I doubt I could ever get used to seeing Hodgey at any other club.

I doubt I could ever get used to seeing Hodgey at any other club.

Me neither but crazywildhorse raises some good points. It seems unlikely he would be appointed senior coach at Hawthorn without a lengthy apprenticeship and some experience at another club. Maybe we could send him off to coach in the SANFL or something.

Me neither but crazywildhorse raises some good points. It seems unlikely he would be appointed senior coach at Hawthorn without a lengthy apprenticeship and some experience at another club. Maybe we could send him off to coach in the SANFL or something.
He's a falcons boy from colac

Send him to Geelong VFL as the ultimate troll for the 2008 premiership

When I hear them talk footy - of our past two captains I'd be tipping Mitchell to be the better coach.

You would need to roll them in to one to get the best coach
Mitch strikes me as a CEO rather than a coach

Not sure about the champion player being a good coach comments. Look no further than one John Kennedy. Won the B &F 3 times in his first four seasons. That Parkin fellow was a premiership captain before taking the reins. It will come down to timing as much as ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep you saved me a lot of typing. But cant you see him coaching the kids

and surely last nights performance should shut up some critics

I thought that about Lethal leigh, until ended up at The Pies...
yeah, turns out he hasn't got a shred of feeling towards the hawks at all.

Yeah, that's a hawthorn video, of course he'll say that. In every interview he's conducted since he left brisbane people ask him where his heart is at, he reckons it's not anywhere, he doesn't barrack for any team or feel a connection with any team. Now he'll say he has a connection with brisbane (because he does.)

But me courageous Jorl Selwood....

I can't wait till their love for him leads to eventually appointing him as a coach in 10 years or so, and we can then sit around watch that mob drift into irrelevance as the Essendon model has shown. Douchebag captains = douchebag coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back