Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never seen a big bloke drop so many marks as he did tonight. He’ll come good though.

In terms of whether the deal was worth doing that can only be judged in five or so years. He's a fantastic prospect.

BUT the trade made no sense, Freo have a dominant ruckman who is 24 years old. When Jackson's contract runs out it is likely that Darcy will still be the number 1 ruck.

WCE would have made way more sense if he had to go back to WA.

He's rubbish.

Game was still on the line at 3 quarter time for Freo and when you're paying a bloke 900k a year then you expect him to at least show some fight in helping his teammates back into the game.

So what does he dish up instead?

Screenshot_20230421_225316_AFL.jpg

After watching last night more closely as a Dogs fan I can not for the life of me understand why Freo signed him and gave so much up for him. He is not and never will be a KPF and Darcy is a far far superior player in the ruck so why bring him across if he won't play his natural position

The were two moments from the last game that pretty much sums up Jackson's season.

The first was when he was too busy fixing his hair to chase the footy.

The second was watching him run in to get involved in the push and shove with Lobb for leaving Freo...Seriously, I know he's still young but ffs, Freo fans must be frustrated watching him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This threads gone quiet!

We had to wait for a few weeks while Freo fans came to terms with flagmantle being at least another season away.

In all seriousness, it’s great to see Dogga stringing a few good performances together.

What reception will he get at the g?

Should get a beauty I reckon. He was much loved but we all know we got great value for him.

You might hear a couple of boos early but I imagine they’d be more tongue in cheek. I don’t think there will be much hostility. He’d get a laugh out of a few boos I think. Kids got a great sense of humour.

Never turned. He's always been a solo ruck or mid. never a forward. I've said that since day 1.
He never played solo ruck at the dees lol, maybe 5 games tops

Freo are getting the most out of him by using him everywhere, I'd argue he isn't a very good ruck at all tbh, pinch hit there for sure but use him all over the ground as we have the last month

He never played solo ruck at the dees lol, maybe 5 games tops

Freo are getting the most out of him by using him everywhere, I'd argue he isn't a very good ruck at all tbh, pinch hit there for sure but use him all over the ground as we have the last month
Correct. And he played well in all of them.

I do agree that Melbourne should've tried him as a full time mid or a position that puts him around the ball more often.

LOL you turned on him after like 6 weeks, you were deadset he was worth 2 top 5s, all he did in those 6 weeks was play how he played at Melbourne 😂
Danster was right though, Dees got ripped off. He's going to be a gun and a point of difference. I just thought it was going to take him a few more years to get there.

My prediction for this weekends game is he has a quite one and targeted by Melbourne players. Freo win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back