Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be back you pricks

1724678880096.png

Warning Phone Call GIF by Snowfall

need whoever we had in 2017/18 when we were the fittest team in the comp
Maturity?

For sure there's lots of improvements to be made here, but when your team is largely in their first few/last few years of their career or returning from injury, your fitness is going to be nowhere near teams with most their team in the 23-29 range.

Ok, what do we reckon was Louie's best piece of work in the last couple years?

- Lynch foot 2023/hammy 2024. Masterful work keeping our most important player on the sidelines that long. Masterful
- Bauer hammy on debut, 1st quarter!! Louie was even caught grinning after the poor kid was subbed out! Unbelievable
- Ross foot stress fracture after having already played 8 games in 2024??? WTF
- Mate Colina the 8 game wonder. 4 years contracted!! 8 games! He don't give a f*ck who you are!
- Gibcus 2023 hammy. Had to send this c*nt to Qatar!! Louie had NFI
- Campbell Gray hammy. 4 goals in his first game in the Richmond system and he's gone for 8 f*ckin weeks!!
- Lefau ACL. Oh look! A promising second/third tall. Not under my watch says big Louie. GONE
- Grimes back injury. Early retirement for you Dyl, go play some golf or something. Thanks for your service!
- Tom Brown shoulders. Needed surgery all year but Louie sent this poor campaigner out there every week! No sympathy
- Pickett calf. Getting close to 100 for F/S are we Marlion?? Not so fast campaigner. RETIRE on 90!
- Hopper countless soft tissue. Louie replaced this blokes legs with tissue paper and sewed him back up week after week!
- MRJ ankle. Oh you thought you were finding some form and progression Maurice? BANG Louie strikes again

The best in the business. Goodbye Louie.

Maturity?

For sure there's lots of improvements to be made here, but when your team is largely in their first few/last few years of their career or returning from injury, your fitness is going to be nowhere near teams with most their team in the 23-29 range.

That is a fair observation. But the list was “regenerated” to go one more over that time. It backfired. Risk/reward. Ok pony up again and get on with it.

No other vic club has what Geelong has. Guaranteed finals every year. The fact they don’t win it every year is a conundrum. Easiest job in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon our game style shortened careers. Our peak years were some of the toughest footy played.
Pendles & Sidearse wouldn’t be playing now if they actually hammered in like our boys. Dangerflog is the only real outlier I reckon, but even there, he chooses when he wants to crack in. (I.e. not when it mattered)
I have said that all along...then playing well into the GF's for four years...
What's that?!? an extra season of tough footy again just in final's games alone!
Throw in...Expanded 18 Team AFL Season...more games again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back