Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m always intrigued by the physical performance manager. It seems like every team’s fan blame whoever is in charge for every single injury. Will be watching the next man up as a case study. Is it really the person in charge doing something wrong or what?

I’m always intrigued by the physical performance manager. It seems like every team’s fan blame whoever is in charge for every single injury. Will be watching the next man up as a case study. Is it really the person in charge doing something wrong or what?
hi louie

Well it's not only the amount of injuries we had over the last 2 years it's about the time players took to recover. How long has Lynch been out with a hammy? Fitness and conditioning staff have to be looked at. We also faded in games and never looked as fit as the opposition.

Ok, what do we reckon was Louie's best piece of work in the last couple years?

- Lynch foot 2023/hammy 2024. Masterful work keeping our most important player on the sidelines that long. Masterful
- Bauer hammy on debut, 1st quarter!! Louie was even caught grinning after the poor kid was subbed out! Unbelievable
- Ross foot stress fracture after having already played 8 games in 2024??? WTF
- Mate Colina the 8 game wonder. 4 years contracted!! 8 games! He don't give a f*ck who you are!
- Gibcus 2023 hammy. Had to send this c*nt to Qatar!! Louie had NFI
- Campbell Gray hammy. 4 goals in his first game in the Richmond system and he's gone for 8 f*ckin weeks!!
- Lefau ACL. Oh look! A promising second/third tall. Not under my watch says big Louie. GONE
- Grimes back injury. Early retirement for you Dyl, go play some golf or something. Thanks for your service!
- Tom Brown shoulders. Needed surgery all year but Louie sent this poor campaigner out there every week! No sympathy
- Pickett calf. Getting close to 100 for F/S are we Marlion?? Not so fast campaigner. RETIRE on 90!
- Hopper countless soft tissue. Louie replaced this blokes legs with tissue paper and sewed him back up week after week!
- MRJ ankle. Oh you thought you were finding some form and progression Maurice? BANG Louie strikes again

The best in the business. Goodbye Louie.
Is Louie responsible for our VFL boys going down as well? These guys are 38 hr a week boys and have a full time job and a few were sidelined. You missed Clarke as that was a classic act of negligence and lack of duty of care.
I'm really worried the club could have a future Class action against them for negligence as you could see the outcome before the event.

Last edited:
Well it's not only the amount of injuries we had over the last 2 years it's about the time players took to recover. How long has Lynch been out with a hammy? Fitness and conditioning staff have to be looked at. We also faded in games and never looked as fit as the opposition.
Not at all saying he shouldn’t have been given the boot, his position was completely untenable. I am just fascinated that guys who are extremely well regarded fail this bad.

He never gave regular updates. Someone is injured, just run the automation that says 4-6 weeks. Very rarely got updates on how players are going. Richo used to do those injury updates regularly then they just stopped. And he was in charge of his performance team so if they aren't performing he's there to fix it! But evidently he butchered that too. It's not an easy gig but you gotta step up when challenged and he didn't. Peter principled.

Ok, what do we reckon was Louie's best piece of work in the last couple years?

- Lynch foot 2023/hammy 2024. Masterful work keeping our most important player on the sidelines that long. Masterful
- Bauer hammy on debut, 1st quarter!! Louie was even caught grinning after the poor kid was subbed out! Unbelievable
- Ross foot stress fracture after having already played 8 games in 2024??? WTF
- Mate Colina the 8 game wonder. 4 years contracted!! 8 games! He don't give a f*ck who you are!
- Gibcus 2023 hammy. Had to send this c*nt to Qatar!! Louie had NFI
- Campbell Gray hammy. 4 goals in his first game in the Richmond system and he's gone for 8 f*ckin weeks!!
- Lefau ACL. Oh look! A promising second/third tall. Not under my watch says big Louie. GONE
- Grimes back injury. Early retirement for you Dyl, go play some golf or something. Thanks for your service!
- Tom Brown shoulders. Needed surgery all year but Louie sent this poor campaigner out there every week! No sympathy
- Pickett calf. Getting close to 100 for F/S are we Marlion?? Not so fast campaigner. RETIRE on 90!
- Hopper countless soft tissue. Louie replaced this blokes legs with tissue paper and sewed him back up week after week!
- MRJ ankle. Oh you thought you were finding some form and progression Maurice? BANG Louie strikes again

The best in the business. Goodbye Louie.
His finest work for me was strapping up Hopper’s knee too tight so he pulled a hammy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meehan is what happens when you cheap out and promote from within just because it’s easier and think you have all your shit together and an inflated ego.

No surprise for Benny to come out and try and give him kind words, knowing it was his mistake and lack of want to win that put under qualified person in a job at one of the largest sporting clubs in Australia.

Meehan is what happens when you cheap out and promote from within just because it’s easier and think you have all your shit together and an inflated ego.

No surprise for Benny to come out and try and give him kind words, knowing it was his mistake and lack of want to win that put under qualified person in a job at one of the largest sporting clubs in Australia.
saw that

so if benny was still there next year louie had a contract

baffling

it took dunny to come in and fire him on day one

every man and his dog (except the fitness staff) Knew prestia would struggle to perform in 2 games in 4 days if we wanted a peak season out of him....an extra layer of stupidity added to that was the travel factor and subtropical weather conditions and hard grounds in march. i'm still seething.

every man and his dog (except the fitness staff) Knew prestia would struggle to perform in 2 games in 4 days if we wanted a peak season out of him....an extra layer of stupidity added to that was the travel factor and subtropical weather conditions and hard grounds in march. i'm still seething.
Lateral thinking. How about Stuart Dew to replace him and work with Ryan.

That is a fair observation. But the list was “regenerated” to go one more over that time. It backfired. Risk/reward. Ok pony up again and get on with it.
Yeh, in the end injuries killed us, and by injuries its more like the injury of Lynch. Having Jack not even being able to jump 30cm off the ground and still be triple teamed showed how easy we were to defend. No targets inside 50 that are any threat to the opposition just has such a massive cascading effect on the team

• Midfielders win the ball but then second guess themselves going forward as your goal starts to become don't let the defenders intercept it rather that actually find a target.
  • Ball doesn't come to ground as much, so small forwards struggle.
  • Opposition defenders can intercept and rebound quickly which puts pressure on your transition defence which as an ageing team really tests our fitness to cover the ground
  • Backline then struggles as the ball comes in quickly and from good angles which leaves you exposed.

No other vic club has what Geelong has. Guaranteed finals every year. The fact they don’t win it every year is a conundrum. Easiest job in the comp.
Absolutely. Cats are the same as non-Vic teams. Genuine home ground gets you a few extra home and away season wins if you're decent which then makes it easier to make it the finals, but then MCG tenants get the advantage in finals.

This year if the Cats lose 1 extra game and they are sitting 7th. 2 extra games they are in the 8 on percentage. Having a genuine home ground that's an odd size which most teams have very little experience in gives them AT LEAST a couple extra wins a year.

Now they are still run well and keep themselves as a good competitive team year after year which is incredibly hard to do, but that advantage lets them consistently seperate from the pack of those non-flag contenders trying to make finals. So instead of sometimes just making the 8, sometimes just missing, they instead make finals most of the time and sneak into the top 4 regularly. I think their record in finals shows that too.

Tommy Lynch as well. Hardly did a preseason and then was forced to play a full game and then on the back of a small turnaround back up against Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back