Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m always intrigued by the physical performance manager. It seems like every team’s fan blame whoever is in charge for every single injury. Will be watching the next man up as a case study. Is it really the person in charge doing something wrong or what?
Definitely can be ... 2 years of back and foot stress fractures ... the pattern seemed problematic last year ... this year was damning ... cannot understand how we didn't add extra personnel with expertise to support Meehan after 23 if we weren't going to move him on.

CBFaarked detailing what exactly Meehan was doing wrong

(note: I have posted previously on the physiological research in regards to ACL injuries and how this and the stress fractures show the areas that Meehan was overlooking in his training)

Definitely can be ... 2 years of back and foot stress fractures ... the pattern seemed problematic last year ... this year was damning ... cannot understand how we didn't add extra personnel with expertise to support Meehan after 23 if we weren't going to move him on.

(note: I have posted previously on the physiological research in regards to ACL injuries and how this and the stress fractures show the areas that Meehan was overlooking in his training)
Why are we so shit scared to spend a little extra in the softcap and pay the tax to the AFL scum if it will help keep our players on the track, the last two years have been a disaster.

Yes I can recall you posting a lot of information and you got in a heated debate with another good poster over it. In the end you were right as extra ACL injuries continued and Meehan got misfiled out of the place.

Why are we so shit scared to spend a little extra in the softcap and pay the tax to the AFL scum if it will help keep our players on the track, the last two years have been a disaster.
We don’t have the money bc of the PRO development. We’re trying to sell raffle tickets and digital bricks.

Can't believe we are short on money after 3 flags in 4 years, increased merch sales, memberships etc.

Meanwhile comp paupers Footscray have just opened its own $70 million dollar facility.
merch sales went to shite when the 3 colourful sponsors happened

nobody buys em

Can’t help but feel weve dropped the ball - Carlton publicly started looking for a new performance manager halfway through the season, identified a problem and didn’t waste a moment doing something about it…. Whereas we stuck fat until the send of the season - they now have Innes and we may not even get the mercenary. Tbh don’t care if we don’t get him, he has a history of moving around regularly - Innes was the one

Can’t help but feel weve dropped the ball - Carlton publicly started looking for a new performance manager halfway through the season, identified a problem and didn’t waste a moment doing something about it…. Whereas we stuck fat until the send of the season - they now have Innes and we may not even get the mercenary. Tbh don’t care if we don’t get him, he has a history of moving around regularly - Innes was the one
this can be seen both ways though...

How many times (when we were successful) did we make a major announcement that no one knew about, and we all praised the club for doing good business behind closed doors with no leaks...

Can't have it both ways, happy like that when we are winning, then sooking about it when we are sh!t...

it's just either good business or it's not

this can be seen both ways though...

How many times (when we were successful) did we make a major announcement that no one knew about, and we all praised the club for doing good business behind closed doors with no leaks...

Can't have it both ways, happy like that when we are winning, then sooking about it when we are sh!t...

it's just either good business or it's not
True - I’m starting to think we’ve gotten too comfortable and are starting to drop the ball - hope I’m wrong!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True - I’m starting to think we’ve gotten too comfortable and are starting to drop the ball - hope I’m wrong!!
Well, to be fair, that may also be the case...

Just because we did it well 2017-2022, doesn't mean we are still doing it well.

Talk about having 50c each way.

That doesn't mean he wasn't told his services not required during the year and we we're shopping around. He was gone in the first couple of days. Burgess has international experience worked st 2 of the best EPL clubs in England highly regarded.

We don't have enough coin to start and finish the PRO devo...so your request, though reasonable, prolly wont happen!

I hope we go left field and get someone that is one of the best in the world as opposed to one of the best in Australia
I just hope we get someone who knows what the f**k he is doing.

There is a sentiment that the club has dropped the ball and standing still with off field appointments

If we can gain anything from the interviews that Dunne has had is that the business of the Richmond football club is performing, we will be investing in the Football side of the club, something that has probably been hamstrung by Gale’s loyalty to current incumbents

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back