Player Watch #?: Luke Parker - Welcome to North Melbourne - Konstanty and Parker traded for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

I still remember when he absolutely destroyed us in the 2014 Prelim.

He's the type of player who stands up in big moments, and I am astonished Sydney didn't play him all that much in the middle. I feel like he still has a lot to offer in the clinches (not just HFF). He will be amazing for Wardlaw, Sheez, Colby, Powell etc.

Also...

I can't help but think he will be the one to get Phillips perhaps the support he needs to make it. One year with an elite trainer and champion player in Parker is going to be amazing for him.

Maybe... just maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter.

when does the afl step in and take control?
The camel no longer has a back to break

Sad to see one of my favorites in another jumper next year.

Parker will be great for you guys, there’s been plenty of time this season where he has been thrown into the midfield in the second half and changed the momentum of the game, and has plenty of forward craft. Has plenty left in the tank and just a year ago I thought he would surely play his 350th with us.

Our game plan has recently deprioritized the contested side of the game in our midfield so Clarko’s system may be a better fit.

As for Konstanty, keep him away from pre-season wrestling matches.
Is he a “squirrel gripper”?

Pi55 off the players voting for the leaders. Time for Clarko and Viney to take control of this.

I don’t see it as a bad thing that players are involved and accountable in the process of selecting the leaders.

Do we really think that we would have come to a different outcome if it was Clarkson & Viney in full control?

Alright well then how do you think it would have played out this year if they were in control?

Because from where I sit Jy and LMac were still the obvious candidates to get the tick of approval from Clarko/Viney.

Alright well then how do you think it would have played out this year if they were in control?

Because from where I sit Jy and LMac were still the obvious candidates to get the tick of approval from Clarko/Viney.
Luke McDonald would not be in the mix for Captain if Clarkson had the call. He almost fell over in laughter on the announcement, he was stunned his name was thrown up.

I still remember when he absolutely destroyed us in the 2014 Prelim.

He's the type of player who stands up in big moments, and I am astonished Sydney didn't play him all that much in the middle. I feel like he still has a lot to offer in the clinches (not just HFF). He will be amazing for Wardlaw, Sheez, Colby, Powell etc.

Also...

I can't help but think he will be the one to get Phillips perhaps the support he needs to make it. One year with an elite trainer and champion player in Parker is going to be amazing for him.

Maybe... just maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter.
Agree, I think he needs to spend a lot of time in the midfield as well. At least for next year. There is absolutely no leadership at our stoppages.

Luke McDonald would not be in the mix for Captain if Clarkson had the call. He almost fell over in laughter on the announcement, he was stunned his name was thrown up.

Well the way Luke polled in the Syd when he came back into the side suggested that the coaches think he plays his role.

We have had quite a leadership hole as you like to point out with Simpkin’s flaws. Outside of Jy and Luke the only other potential captain on our list for this year was Larkey as clearly they aren’t going to put that burden on Sheez this early in his career.

I honestly don’t think the captaincy choice would have played out any differently because I don’t think we have a clear stand out leader currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker - Welcome to North Melbourne - Konstanty and Parker traded for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back