LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

No, finals are shared between clubs and has nothing to do with the location of the ground.

location non-issue, surface is the issue, i think the point being made was why don't marong just say surface isn't up to scratch we will run the final at Raywood / YCW / Bridgewater

instead of being told, if it's good enough to play during the year it's good enough to play in the finals.

Home and Away finished, 2011 awards, nominations for

Most valuable player =

Thug of the year =

Largest waste of $$ =

Frank Harding Best and Fairest =

Gutsy and courageous =

Most valuable player =

Thug of the year =

Largest waste of $$ =

Frank Harding Best and Fairest =

Gutsy and courageous =

Based on the games i saw this year which wasnt many id have to say based on my opinion

Most valuable player = Cam Carter (Calivil United)

Thug of the year = Zeb Broadbent (B/Water) or Phil Birchmore (N/Bridge)

Largest waste of $$ = P/Hill? Same as every year

Frank Harding Best and Fairest = Jeff McMurtrie ? (Newbridge)

Gutsy and courageous = Bryan Vance (Marong)

my opinion

Most valuable player = Luke Mitchell (Mitiamo)

Thug of the year = Phil Birchmore (N/Bridge)

Largest waste of $$ = Dunno how much Adam Pollock is paid (P/Hill)

Frank Harding Best and Fairest = Henry Miller (Calivil), Jeff McMurtrie if Newbridge had won more games

Gutsy and courageous = Jake Concol (YCW)

Most valuable player = darren clutton/Anthony Holdstock (similar to Mitchell but probably had a better year)

Thug of the year =Kieren Atkins (and is a battler):thumbsdown:

Largest waste of $$ =Dont care for his name, Number 10 Calivil:thumbsdown:

Frank Harding Best and Fairest = Anthony Baker/ Gav James

Gutsy and courageous =
Bryden Morrison P/Hill (2 foot tall but tough as nails)

Why doesnt the league use their brains and play the LVFL grand final at Eaglehawk and whoevers turn it is to host it they get to man the canteen and can bar or whatever they get? HDFL should play at Strathfieldsaye. Its so logical and so realistic.... Dumb ass officials that want it up woop woop for people to be turned away from seeing a final..... I follow HDFL and like last year, I didnt go to the final purely cause it was at Colbo. Bet your ass rain hail or shine il watch it at Huntly this year though......

Why doesnt the league use their brains and play the LVFL grand final at Eaglehawk and whoevers turn it is to host it they get to man the canteen and can bar or whatever they get? HDFL should play at Strathfieldsaye. Its so logical and so realistic.... Dumb ass officials that want it up woop woop for people to be turned away from seeing a final..... I follow HDFL and like last year, I didnt go to the final purely cause it was at Colbo. Bet your ass rain hail or shine il watch it at Huntly this year though......

Funny, I was thinking the other day Loddon Valley should have the Grand Final at Strathfieldsaye ... great ground, accessible facilities ... Trevor Arnel please pay attention... last year's LVFL final at YCW was HUGE! Calivil is hosting at this stage and will not draw the gate we got in 2010

I reckon I have said this before on here but up at home the Grand Final is played at the Swan Hill Rec Reserve no matter who makes it. Every club in the league then tenders for the rights to cater the event and make the dollars out of the day. I think it makes sense for the GF's in both LVFL and HDFL to be at a Bendigo Ground. It will maximise the attendence at the game therefore leading to more $$$ into the league and the clubs and I think maximises the exposure of the league. I also think that it would add to the day for the players playing in the game as they are playing at a venue that is different to what they get week in week out

I reckon I have said this before on here but up at home the Grand Final is played at the Swan Hill Rec Reserve no matter who makes it. Every club in the league then tenders for the rights to cater the event and make the dollars out of the day. I think it makes sense for the GF's in both LVFL and HDFL to be at a Bendigo Ground. It will maximise the attendence at the game therefore leading to more $$$ into the league and the clubs and I think maximises the exposure of the league. I also think that it would add to the day for the players playing in the game as they are playing at a venue that is different to what they get week in week out

What is wrong with at least giving a few of these options a trial? They could also trial a night preliminary final at Kangaroo Flat now that the lights could cater for it, the home and away games are finished in the bendigo league by then. It would give coaches from the bendigo league a look at potential recruits and players a look at possible clubs to go to if the Bendigo league is not for them. Play the grand final in bendigo and have a roster for clubs to work the bar, BBQ and pie vans then split the money evenly at the end. Money for every club every year. Doesn't seem that hard!

Kurt Ashman named as playing only 3 snr home and away games for Bridgey (Marong, Newbridge & Calivil) and will be playing in the finals.

Named as playing 1 game in the twos, also against Newbridge, the same day as his snr game.

Kurt Ashman named as playing only 3 snr home and away games for Bridgey (Marong, Newbridge & Calivil) and will be playing in the finals.

Named as playing 1 game in the twos, also against Newbridge, the same day as his snr game.

Only stood at full forward for a quarter in the two's game as well.

But if the rules allow it, why not??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was always under the impression that the person had to play the games on four separate days to be qualified. Ah well, I am obviously wrong and thats dead right, if the rules allow it, why not?!?!

I'm sure both Bridgewater and Pyramid Hill will be double checking the rule on that one, Bridgey are the team to beat with or without him. One thing is for sure he won't kick 10 against the Pyramid backline!

should be a bridgy/pyramid gf, but anything can happen, but can someone beat bridgy?, pyramid have the personal to match them , but do they have the dicipline to match bridgy, meaning team structures and set ups, bridgy are very good in that area of there game, davies should come out of the goal sq, kennedy to chf, criton to wing, and please dont play fawsett on ashman again, if you want to win, let fawsett run, take the game on, ashman's good but they dont play like they used to,he did'nt kick a goal but they still won the game, (dont rob pete to pay paul), they have to many targets there, any way hope hill can break that droyght,
any thoughts out there:thumbsu:

should be a bridgy/pyramid gf, but anything can happen, but can someone beat bridgy?, pyramid have the personal to match them , but do they have the dicipline to match bridgy, meaning team structures and set ups, bridgy are very good in that area of there game, davies should come out of the goal sq, kennedy to chf, criton to wing, and please dont play fawsett on ashman again, if you want to win, let fawsett run, take the game on, ashman's good but they dont play like they used to,he did'nt kick a goal but they still won the game, (dont rob pete to pay paul), they have to many targets there, any way hope hill can break that droyght,
any thoughts out there:thumbsu:

Hey their, do'nt git ahid of yirself. stil the primilly finel too play

Only stood at full forward for a quarter in the two's game as well.

But if the rules allow it, why not??

Lucky Kurt "played" in those 2 games against Newbridge.

Dunolly disqualified for playing a player in the elimination final, was named on the teamsheet for 3 games, but only "played" one. According to MCDFL Bylaws, named as playing on the teamsheet, means that you need to "play" on the field. MCDFL rules are 3 games. LVFL is 4 games I think.
The whole story is on the centralvicfooty. com . au website

Now that we have people working full time to run the league, you would think that this information should be available to all.

If a person is suspended for two matches can he count a reserves and senior match played on the same day and then be available the following week?

now that we have people working full time to run the league, you would think that this information should be available to all.

If a person is suspended for two matches can he count a reserves and senior match played on the same day and then be available the following week?
no,if you are reported for two weeks in reserves you must miss two reserves games,if you get two weeks playing seniors you must miss two senior games.

half right ike. Suspensions are for weeks not matches regardless of which grade the report was in.
yes but there is only one game per week. A bye is not counted as a week.if you are suspended playing reserves footy and your seniors play finals the next week your penalty is not complete until the reserves play a game which might not be until the start of next season if twos didnt make finals.

yes but there is only one game per week. A bye is not counted as a week.if you are suspended playing reserves footy and your seniors play finals the next week your penalty is not complete until the reserves play a game which might not be until the start of next season if twos didnt make finals.

Thats interesting, so if your a regular Senior player, been dropped to reserves or coming back thru reserves from injury & you get reported for 2 matches.
You cant return to Seniors until 2 reserve matches have been played?

So another scenario is if you get suspended in the Seniors for 1 match, the seniors have a bye the following week but the resrves are playing, you can't count that reserves much as a club game and return to seniors after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back