LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Went up and watched the clash between Miti and Bridgy on the weekend, I thought Bridgy conducted themselves quite well considering some of the rubbish that Miti threw up at them. Plenty of behind the play work being done as well. Chapman would have made no difference he and Miti are washed up

Great to see Inglewood had a win! Get up and about boys!

Yep Well Done to Inglewood it will be just what they needed! Hows Staggy been going out there anyone?

Hellboy I notice Jimmy has finished up at Marong after just the one year? Wasn't he happy with things out there? as I would have thought that when the Club appointed him they would have been hoping for more than one year? He was a good little player for us in his day too by the way.

Any talk of a possible replacement?

Yep Well Done to Inglewood it will be just what they needed! Hows Staggy been going out there anyone?

Hellboy I notice Jimmy has finished up at Marong after just the one year? Wasn't he happy with things out there? as I would have thought that when the Club appointed him they would have been hoping for more than one year? He was a good little player for us in his day too by the way.

Any talk of a possible replacement?

Disappointing result with Jimmy not doing the job next year. Certainly were after more than one year, family and work commitments taking precedence though. May stay on and play but has had an interrupted season through injury.

Plenty of talk about a replacement but nothing I'll go into yet.

Expect YCW to pulverise Newbridge this Saturday.

Newbridge will continue to concentrate on that twos flag, and keep stacking their magoos with players who would otherwise play in the ones.

Serp will put an end to Miti's season this weekend.

Can anyone verify the finals venues for sure? Monday's addy was different to what central vic footy published last week.

CVF got it wrong (probably should have checked before putting it out there). Not sure what the Addy had but I can confirm finals venues as:

Qualifying (20th) Serpentine
Elimination (21st) Newbridge (at YCW)
2nd Semi (27th) Mitiamo
1st Semi (28th) Bridgewater
Preliminary (3rd) Marong
Grand Final (10th) Calivil

Pyramid Hill are next in line for the GF so should Calivil make it (never out of the question) then it's at Pyramid. If it's a Pyramid/ Calivil GF, who knows!

CVF got it wrong (probably should have checked before putting it out there). Not sure what the Addy had but I can confirm finals venues as:

Qualifying (20th) Serpentine
Elimination (21st) Newbridge (at YCW)
2nd Semi (27th) Mitiamo
1st Semi (28th) Bridgewater
Preliminary (3rd) Marong
Grand Final (10th) Calivil

Pyramid Hill are next in line for the GF so should Calivil make it (never out of the question) then it's at Pyramid. If it's a Pyramid/ Calivil GF, who knows!

Yeah that's what the addy had. Thanks Hellboy.

Disappointing result with Jimmy not doing the job next year. Certainly were after more than one year, family and work commitments taking precedence though. May stay on and play but has had an interrupted season through injury.

Plenty of talk about a replacement but nothing I'll go into yet.

The old work and family line hey..... I'm tipping Jimmy would have saddled up again if you guys were anywhere near pushing for a flag. Be handy if you talked him into playing again but I doubt he would after tossing the coaching gig in.

Why do think the Club has struggled over the years? I think I remember reading in the Addy Footy liftout you guys have only ever won 1 flag.

The old work and family line hey..... I'm tipping Jimmy would have saddled up again if you guys were anywhere near pushing for a flag. Be handy if you talked him into playing again but I doubt he would after tossing the coaching gig in.

Why do think the Club has struggled over the years? I think I remember reading in the Addy Footy liftout you guys have only ever won 1 flag.

I don't doubt that the amount of work needed to push for a flag played a part. That said, this is the very reason he's not doing it; cannot dedicate the time to do what we need to do. I'm sure if he wanted to do a half arsed job he would have hung around as well.

As for why we have struggled, I would love to be able to tell you the answer to that without it sounding like I'm making excuses. During the 90's we lost 4 preliminary finals in 5 years after finishing on top several times. We have had several good sides in recent years (04,05,09) but have struggled to hold onto the same group of players for any real length of time.

Being so close to Bendigo we lose the majority of our U17 footballers to Bendigo U18. If they're any good we don't often get them back (Andy Grant being the obvious one).

Depth has long been our biggest issue in my opinion and will be the focus of recruiting for 2012.

Will Serp be able to knock Miti off this week to take the 5th spot??? I reckon most clubs in the finals would be preferring Miti in the 5 as Serp are definitely the dark horse who could take a surprising win.....

I honestly thought Marong were gonna beat Calivil at Inglewood years ago in a GF and i was a bit disappointed. Marong are lucky enough to not be in the shoes of Inglewood, Bridgey years ago and other sides that have constantly struggled. All it takes is a few key players and a coach that is willing to get off his ass and do a bit like Chalkie at Bridgewater. All those recruits just didnt lob up and want a game, he sourced every single one of them. I know its hard to get that winning culture back into a struggling side but teams have proven this can be done with hard work and the right person behind the wheel..............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly thought Marong were gonna beat Calivil at Inglewood years ago in a GF and i was a bit disappointed. Marong are lucky enough to not be in the shoes of Inglewood, Bridgey years ago and other sides that have constantly struggled. All it takes is a few key players and a coach that is willing to get off his ass and do a bit like Chalkie at Bridgewater. All those recruits just didnt lob up and want a game, he sourced every single one of them. I know its hard to get that winning culture back into a struggling side but teams have proven this can be done with hard work and the right person behind the wheel..............

recruiting gets easier with a heap of cash to splash about.

Now before any bridgewater person jumps on here offended by that statement, let's keep it real. the blokes they have are copping good money, if they can pay it and get these blokes good on them. and yes good on chalky for having the ability to get them, that is indeed the art of recruiting, not what you know who you know and the timing of knowing when to call.

Reckon Marong have been a little stiff with injuries over the past 5 years, but there ground doesn't help them, it's in terrible condition and players pull up sore after playing there once, can only imagine it's hard to train and play there so regularly.

reckon it's rough on whatever side plays in a prelim there, it's going to be hard enough to play a fresh Bridgewater / Pyramid / YCW without having to get up from playing on Marong's ground.

recruiting gets easier with a heap of cash to splash about.

Now before any bridgewater person jumps on here offended by that statement, let's keep it real. the blokes they have are copping good money, if they can pay it and get these blokes good on them. and yes good on chalky for having the ability to get them, that is indeed the art of recruiting, not what you know who you know and the timing of knowing when to call.

Reckon Marong have been a little stiff with injuries over the past 5 years, but there ground doesn't help them, it's in terrible condition and players pull up sore after playing there once, can only imagine it's hard to train and play there so regularly.
reckon it's rough on whatever side plays in a prelim there, it's going to be hard enough to play a fresh Bridgewater / Pyramid / YCW without having to get up from playing on Marong's ground.

Why would the league even consider a ground that is not up to scratch and dangerous for a final? Newbridge are hosting a final at YCW so why couldnt Marong host it at another ground if it is their turn for a final. Makes it fair on everyone.

think angove was a good fit. got white hills up and running after a fair few lean years. from whats been mentioned, and it may not be true, its pretty hard for the bloke when he's getting dismal numbers to a preseason, after being told by the players themselves thats what they needed. hope the bloke goes on to coach with success elsewhere, shame to see him finish on such a low note.

Why would the league even consider a ground that is not up to scratch and dangerous for a final? Newbridge are hosting a final at YCW so why couldnt Marong host it at another ground if it is their turn for a final. Makes it fair on everyone.

Dangerous? That's a pretty strong word mate. The ground is pretty much mud at the moment so there's not much dangerous about it.

Maybe we could just fork out the $100K we need to repair the surface or maybe treble that amount to fix it properly. Despite years of lobbying from the club, the council sure as shit aren't going to come to the party.

Dangerous? That's a pretty strong word mate. The ground is pretty much mud at the moment so there's not much dangerous about it.

Maybe we could just fork out the $100K we need to repair the surface or maybe treble that amount to fix it properly. Despite years of lobbying from the club, the council sure as shit aren't going to come to the party.

maybe we shouldn't play such an important final like a prelim on the ground.

It's not fair or ideal for Marong i accept that, but gee what about the clubs trying to get to the grand final.

In all seriousness do you think that it's impacted the club's ability to keep players on the park, you've had a heap of quality through the gates, but for whatever reason you always end up with a massive injury list.

Don't take it as personal criticisim of the club or committee, it is what it is and i'm sure your all aware of it, but i think it's a fair and reasonable question to ask

I'm not saying anyone's going to die on the ground. I would class dangerous as a risk to a player twisting a knee or ligaments trying to work through sludge. Mate it's not Marongs fault. I just reckon if they could work with the league and host it at another ground it's a win for everone. The league should realise this anyway. Gotta wonder if they have even checked out the grounds fit for finals footy.

I'm not saying anyone's going to die on the ground. I would class dangerous as a risk to a player twisting a knee or ligaments trying to work through sludge. Mate it's not Marongs fault. I just reckon if they could work with the league and host it at another ground it's a win for everone. The league should realise this anyway. Gotta wonder if they have even checked out the grounds fit for finals footy.

Lets me realistic here, the finals are played at Marong because its reasonably close to bendigo. the playing surface is terrible and not up to finals footy. the away rooms are also ordinary. If clubs are going to host finals at other grounds why not get a ground in bendigo and do everyone a favour. The majority of players come from bendigo or that direction anyway. might even get a bigger crowd there!

Lets me realistic here, the finals are played at Marong because its reasonably close to bendigo. the playing surface is terrible and not up to finals footy. the away rooms are also ordinary. If clubs are going to host finals at other grounds why not get a ground in bendigo and do everyone a favour. The majority of players come from bendigo or that direction anyway. might even get a bigger crowd there!

No, finals are shared between clubs and has nothing to do with the location of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back