Lynch's charge

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a weak act. He was going to hit him yes - but to keep the knee raised was a little dirty I thought. Simpson knew it, the umpires finally knew it and hopefully the tribunal know it.

It gave us the run of play and rightly so, unsportsmanlike acts always fly in the face of your own team.

how many weeks?

my brother says two.

i concurr
week minimum
its a new interpretation in that specific charge into the marking contest is not a legitimate marking attempt, and therefore should be treated as such a charge.

so it will be interpreted as a charge

reckless
high impact
in play
<insert> contact
nfi how many activation points, and dont care, but 1 week min.

week minimum
its a new interpretation in that specific charge into the marking contest is not a legitimate marking attempt, and therefore should be treated as such a charge.

reckless
high impact
in play
<insert> contact

in the back isn't high

Unfortunately, nobody here is on the review committee so no opinion matters.

These review committees are about as consistent as umpires.
i can tell you it will be interpreted as i described above.

its a new interpretation introduced at the start of this year (re. neitz on goodes last year)

in the back isn't high
its high impact due to the marking contest, just like most charging cases are considered to be high/medium impact.
high contact refers to contact with the head.
Depends if he jumped before the mark was took or not IMO.
even if he did, it will still be viewed as reckless.
it will only be viewed as deliberate if he had no chance of making the contest, and his sole objective was the man.

week minimum

reckless
high impact
in play
<insert> contact

wow...another genius who is really a clown, using your logic Croad should go too, right? :cool: If he goes for that then Goodes should be hauled back before the tribunal and given 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow...another genius who is really a clown, using your logic Croad should go too, right? :cool: If he goes for that then Goodes should be hauled back before the tribunal and given 2 weeks.
goodes wasn't a charge it was a strike with the forearm, and was interpreted as such (at the tribunal).

get the 2007 laws of the game dvd, its got the new interpretations in it, this one included.

If you watch closely (a non biased view) lynch was off the ground and in motion just before player marks... and he tries to protect himself but obviously too late... thats just my view..
Yes, very non-biased view.

My (biased) view is that he certainly had time to avoid contact, particularly with his knee ; and the gutless big dog should get at least a week.

Lynch is not a dity player, he could be with his size, but he simply is not. Would be dissapointed to see the gentle giant suspended, there was no malice in the contest.

My (biased) view is that he certainly had time to avoid contact, particularly with his knee ; and the gutless big dog should get at least a week.

and if it was Archer it wouldn't have attracted anything...right?

goodes wasn't a charge it was a strike with the forearm, and was interpreted as such (at the tribunal).

lol...Goodes raises him forearm and Lynch raises his knee and both opponents get it in the back, I'm really surprised that you think there is a difference in outcomes. :eek:

It was late and unfortunate. He clearly misjudged it. I'm not so sure if he could have pulled out as he had his eyes only for the ball.

As I said, either way it was tremendous courage by the Roos player

If he misjudged it then fine. I don't think he was a chance to mark it... JWS read it much better and the ball was his. Then Lynch cannons into his back. Lynch wanted to be "in the contest" as they say. He just did it the wrong way. I don't even think he needed to jump.

Lynch is not a dity player, he could be with his size, but he simply is not. Would be dissapointed to see the gentle giant suspended, there was no malice in the contest.

He wanted to be in the contest. Did it the wrong way. Stupid act. I agree, no dirty intention but ended in a dirty act... what does teh tribunal call that nowadays? I forget the term.

Why are people calling it gutless and a dog act? He had no time to avoid contact as he'd already jumped into the air, he was obviously going for the ball as well.

Lynch's natural reaction to the incoming impact was to protect himself. If anyone actually thinks that Lynch of all people had time to think through the situation and choose to put his knee up so that he would purposefully hurt Smith is just plain deluded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch's charge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back