Gaming Madden 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Madden 09

I'm hoping to get it shortly, it looks like a huge improvement on last year.

Are dynamic QBs still as useful as Mike Vick used to be? I ask because I see you're a Titans fan, and Young is about as mobile as they come.

Re: Madden 09 - Discussion Thread

I'm going to be the same as Juddy, dont have time to get involved in anything online.
Work fulltime, work out every night, live by myself so have other shit to do.

Would love to but will end up letting everyone down.

I'm going to be the same as Juddy, dont have time to get involved in anything online.
Work fulltime, work out every night, live by myself so have other shit to do.

Would love to but will end up letting everyone down.

Its better than 07 but I dont know about 08

It's noticably better than 08 imo. They toned down the AI's ability to intercept which is good. I've played Madden since the 03 version and when Joe Montana is throwing an interception every single game there something seriously wrong.

I have a 360 btw.

Just downloaded the roster update to put Favre to the Jets, but was a little disappointed that Chad wasn't with the Fins.

Other peoples thoughts?

I thought the update had him as a Dolphin. Easy fixed if not though, just release him to free agency and pick him up with Miami. Kinda sucks as a 360 user if you don't have a gold membership you can't d/l the roster update.

There should be another update once the pre-season is over and final roster cuts are made, just about the time my trial gold membership runs out ;)

Just finished my first season in superstar mode. Took the cowboys to a superbowl win with a 13-0 shutout of the Colts. My CB played pretty well and our team probably averages around 4 INTs a match :p

Hired it for the night
Personally, I hate it, the francise mode took out a lot of the little things that made it convenient.
Controls are different, the game is different, heck, I was playing a game between myself (St Louis Rams) and Philli in francise mode and quit at quarter time since I only got two yards rushing. (Mind you, I was leading due to an INT and a FF both returned for TD). I can't even kick a PAT in this.

Hired it for the night
Personally, I hate it, the francise mode took out a lot of the little things that made it convenient.
Controls are different, the game is different, heck, I was playing a game between myself (St Louis Rams) and Philli in francise mode and quit at quarter time since I only got two yards rushing. (Mind you, I was leading due to an INT and a FF both returned for TD). I can't even kick a PAT in this.

You must be a useless gamer, its not hard at all unless you havent played a Madden for a few years.

Disappointed it didn't come out for PC. But then I still play 07 on PC. It's my favourite version of the game so far although I loved 05 for PS2. Didn't really like 08... some of the features they changed with regards to training drills irritated me.

I've been playing Madden since 99 on PS1. Shame I won't be able to look at the new version as I don't have a next gen console.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i got it a month or so ago, well worth buying imho. haven't played online yet but have been having battles with a mate & it's been a lot of fun.

coupla questions.

after you complete say a running play & you go back to the play calling screen, your running back's icon is displayed yellow, what's that about? i notice it it goes red if you use them for plays a few times in a row. should you sub them out then?

also, to play online, do i just need to get an ethernet cable & plug it into the back of my ps3 & then into my router? is there much else to it?

would be well keen to play someone online, just haven't got the cable (yet), will get one if that's all i need.

and i think it's a bit weird how

A) two blue squares show up in the endzone at times after you score a touchdown

B) the "injury" timeout graphic isn't displayed in full at times on the scoreboard

and i think it's a bit weird how

A) two blue squares show up in the endzone at times after you score a touchdown

B) the "injury" timeout graphic isn't displayed in full at times on the scoreboard

Run to the blue box and hit Y and your player will celebrate. (fox Xbox 360)

I would like some good feedback on Superstar mode. I havent tried this since the edition with McNabb on the cover (06 was it) and it was pretty shithouse then.
Has it improved??
I have the game @ home but generally stick with Franchise rather then superstar but should give it a shot when the AFL season finishes. I have more free time then.

The superstar mode is where you actually play as yourself. So if your a running back that's all you do. No controlling of QB or WR like that. There is also a testing system to find your skills instead of just your parents genes. Like there is a 40 yard run which gives you your speed and a bench press that gives you your strength etc. etc.

i started playing the superstar mode this morning and i'm loving it, excellent feature.

have created a couple of running backs, one's been drafted by the 49ers the other is about to head into the draft.

the 40 yard dash is a bit tricky the first couple of times, i almost fell over.

Hired it for the night
Personally, I hate it, the franchise mode took out a lot of the little things that made it convenient.
Controls are different, the game is different, heck, I was playing a game between myself (St Louis Rams) and Philli in franchise mode and quit at quarter time since I only got two yards rushing. (Mind you, I was leading due to an INT and a FF both returned for TD). I can't even kick a PAT in this.
Rehired the game on PS2, I love the simplicity of franchise mode. The gameplay is better on the PS3 but I play Madden mainly for the franchise mode. The gameplay is easier, but I still give up the odd big play and sometimes I don't catch the ball in a quarter.

p.s. if anyone wants to play online i think i've got my online thing sussed.

pm me or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming Madden 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back