Unsolved Madeleine McCann * Current Trial of Main Suspect Christian Brueckner

Remove this Banner Ad

Great News for Maddie's case.
The British home office will provide another 345,000 pounds to fund the investigation until march 2023..

Funny. I've never see any recent vision of the British detectives working in Portugal. They must be doing it Incognito or from their desks.
Certainly not rushing to interview Christian B in Germany.
The Met better hurry up, the Germans will have it all solved before we know it

In fact almost certain it is.

Nope, for clarity - I know you'll continue to pretend you're a genius who knows better - for anyone else that stumbles across this thread, you're wrongly interpreting things;

Then you should know that "cadaver dog accuracy score" does not directly translate to the probability of "a dead body being in the boot of a car that they've indicated on".

Here's why:
  1. Cadaver dogs indicate on odours from the decomposition process. This does not necessarily indicate a dead body or remains. Faeces, urine, and blood will decompose once outside of the human body. (as a parent of three kids, I know how common place all three are at any given moment)
  2. The probability of "a dead body once being in the boot of the car" relies on several logic steps from the initial indication by cadaver dog. Each step of which reduces the probability of the indication being a dead body. Not least of which is that there was no body found in the boot of the car, nor remains, or even a single source of DNA. In fact there has never been a body or remains found. No witnesses to the existence of, or removal of, or disposal of, a body. Any body. Not even any blood that can be said belonged to Madeleine.
  3. The lack of a body, or any other supporting evidence of the presence of a body, suggests that this result falls into the 'inaccurate' side of the accuracy percentage. The lack of useful DNA found from the indication also suggests this. This is why the evidence isn't admissible. The lack of supporting evidence shows the the indication was most likely inaccurate, or at best, an indication of something that cannot be connected to the missing child.
  4. At best the 95%/97% (whichever one you want to choose) only relates to the likely presence of human remains, or blood, or urine, or faeces, at some point in time, being in the boot of the car, or on/in/near things that were once in the boot of the car. Without the subsequent discovery of DNA evidence or a dead body, this is as good as it gets.

Even with all of this, it still doesn't take into account that the 95%/97% accuracy rate comes from a 2020 study, whereas at the time of the McCann investigation, the accepted rates of accuracy were 60-69%. There are some claims that it was as low as 22-38%. Thirteen years of advances in technology and training in the area is a massive jump to retrospectively apply when doing analysis on old cases. It just doesn't hold up.

Its all gone quiet, no news on the case for at least a month!. Not a peep from the tabloids about CB

Wolters is to make an announcement in two to three weeks of more sexual assault charges against Brueckner, not for Maddie though.

Brueckner now has been linked to five attacks.

Wolters is to make an announcement in two to three weeks of more sexual assault charges against Brueckner, not for Maddie though.

Brueckner now has been linked to five attacks.
Nice. Even if they can't pin Maddie on him he'll be rotting for a good part of his miserable life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wolters talks the big game, but there is no substance.......and still no charges. If there was anything worthwhile it would have resulted in charges by now. Seems like the strategy is to convict on unrelated sexual assaults and then beg him to plead guilty about Maddie....so Wolters can save face for having got it wrong. Read somewhere that Portuguese police are lukewarm having already excluded Brueckner very early in the process. Maybe the only thing Wolters has is a picture of Maddie (not necessarily post disappearance) amongst the other 20,000 images.

Nabbed red-handed in the 'crime' of downloading an image of Maddie. Keep trying Christian.......maybe one day when you grow up you can become a real investigator

Last edited:
Wolters talks the big game, but there is no substance.......and still no charges. If there was anything worthwhile it would have resulted in charges by now. Seems like the strategy is to convict on unrelated sexual assaults and then beg him to plead guilty about Maddie....so Wolters can save face for having got it wrong. Read somewhere that Portuguese police are lukewarm having already excluded Brueckner very early in the process. Maybe the only thing Wolters has is a picture of Maddie (not necessarily post disappearance) amongst the other 20,000 images.

Nabbed red-handed in the 'crime' of downloading an image of Maddie. Keep trying Christian.......maybe one day when you grow up you can become a real investigator

You have bizarrely aggressive views against an investigator you've never met.

What can I say? I don't like people who abuse power and are idiots and he qualifies on both accounts.

Have you looked in to Goncalo Amarale's history? He received a suspended sentence for falsifying documents and faced further charges around the circumstances of another missing child's mother being tortured and beaten to a pulp in order to get a confession. This missing child Joana, has also never been found.

Are you sure you want to lock in behind Amarale?

I'd personally be looking in to his associates and what they were doing the night Madeleine went missing. He seems to be a bit desperate.

Have you looked in to Goncalo Amarale's history? He received a suspended sentence for falsifying documents and faced further charges around the circumstances of another missing child's mother being tortured and beaten to a pulp in order to get a confession. This missing child Joana, has also never been found.

I'd personally be looking in to his associates and what they were doing the night Madeleine went missing. He seems to be a bit desperate.

Fairly sure he backs Amaral to the hilt. The guy released a book didn't you know?

He's corrupt imo. If the McCann's had been simple Portuguese villagers with little resources, he would have seen them fitted up for charges.

I've always got the impression Amaral never accepted that he was simply a failure. He's kept on keeping on at the McCann's despite over a decade of no evidence, no slip-ups, no confessions by anyone that could have been implicated in his version of events, because he refused to admit that he's simply wrong.

I'd back Wolters in before Amarale.

The Chief Investigating Officer was Amaral in Joana's case, this is what they did to her mother through interrogation. Joana's body they said was also put it in a freezer before she was fed to the pigs, which presumably explains why her body was never found.

wife.jpg

Via Belfast Telegraph.

Was already aware of this and we've already discussed it too. I'm not 'locking' in behind anyone. I don't give personal endorsements when I don't know people. I can be objective and analyse investigative ability. I believe Amarale is a better investigator. Absolutely. Is he better person? Wouldn't know, don't care either.

As regards the charges to which you refer, my understanding is that the police under his control beat that woman to extract a confession and was ultimately proven guilty for a killing/ murder I recall. Those police then lied about the beating and Amarale gave false evidence to support that they hadn't beaten her which was proven as lies......and he was fined. Clearly lacks integrity. Probably a scumbag so too his staff. Your point?

And if he is as some evidence supports then that doesn't mean it's fine to be rattling on in media like Wolters has about Brueckner guilt either. It's an abuse of power just like beating a confession out of a perpetrator is likewise. Corrupt? Probably and worse on the scale than ax ex police officer closer to home who uses illegal tactics to persecute a POI........or two...including I intimidation and threats

To clarify, breaking the law doesn't cease to be breaking the law because you are committed to an outcome ......the ends NEVER justifies the means in my view. All three are scumbags in my book. GJ and CW are just idiots too

Was already aware of this and we've already discussed it too. I'm not 'locking' in behind anyone. I don't give personal endorsements when I don't know people. I can be objective and analyse investigative ability. I believe Amarale is a better investigator. Absolutely. Is he better person? Wouldn't know, don't care either.

As regards the charges to which you refer, my understanding is that the police under his control beat that woman to extract a confession and was ultimately proven guilty for a killing/ murder I recall. Those police then lied about the beating and Amarale gave false evidence to support that they hadn't beaten her which was proven as lies......and he was fined. Clearly lacks integrity. Probably a scumbag so too his staff. Your point?

And if he is as some evidence supports then that doesn't mean it's fine to be rattling on in media like Wolters has about Brueckner guilt either. It's an abuse of power just like beating a confession out of a perpetrator is likewise. Corrupt? Probably and worse on the scale than ax ex police officer closer to home who uses illegal tactics to persecute a POI........or two...including I intimidation and threats

To clarify, breaking the law doesn't cease to be breaking the law because you are committed to an outcome ......the ends NEVER justifies the means in my view. All three are scumbags in my book. GJ and CW are just idiots too

Why are you asking me what my point is when it should be so obvious? Amarale abused power, Wolters has not.

this dude has done two days of research on the case, it takes a few more days to fully understand the case!

he doesn't realize the police files are readily available on the net for him to read

A detectives opinion piece-

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved Madeleine McCann * Current Trial of Main Suspect Christian Brueckner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back