Magnificent footy karma - Schneider

Remove this Banner Ad

im torn between if it was the right or wrong call at the end of the game...

whilst he was collected high, it did look like he had ducked into the tackle, and as we know, if you duck your head its your own fault.

Anyone know the exact ruling about this. I have seen 100's of players duck to some degree and receive a free kick this year. I'm not sure that just because you duck your head it's open slather on your noggin.

I'm not going to pretend for a second this wasn't a terrible decision by the umpire. It was. But i bet every non-Saints fan would have savoured the little cheat get his comeuppance. Shame the whole team had to pay the penalty. They deserve better.

Comedy post from a Bulldogs supporter. Brad Johnson is the 2nd worst stager in the last 10 years (right behind Matthew Lloyd, but Lloydy has stopped it in the last few years and earnt some respect back).

"Now we know what a win feels like." Umpires after Round 21, 2005.

Now this, in Round 21, 2009.

Déjà vu and then some.

Schneider was definitely punished for his clap. It's a shame, because it was clearly there.

But not only was it not paid, he got pinged for holding the ball. And 50m.

You get the feeling the umpire was absolutely loving the chance to extract his revenge.

Truth.

A few things:

1. I agree Brad Johnson has done a lot of staging in his career. I hate it. I have condemned him for it plenty in the past. Check my posting history. Having said that i don't think he has ever staged in as blatant a fashion as Schneider did in the 3rd quarter. And he definitely absolutely NEVER has behaved like such a pr!ck when the decision went against him after staging. But hey, deflect all you like. It's the kind of weak, self-defeating option that Schneider would approve of.

2. The people calling the sarcastic clapping a low act are getting a little over the top. It was pathetic, weak and embarrassing, but it wasn't low. Low is biting or gouging or something.

3. I don't blame the Saints supporters for sticking up for their player. But i doubt very many non-Saints fans would disagree with me.

4. I didn't have a problem with Schneider before that incident. But that one moment was enough for me to form a pretty firm opinion of the guy.

Got what he deserved. But like i said before, i feel sorry for the other Saints players. They deserve far far better than Schneider. And should the Dogs not be in the GF i'll be cheering for them as hard as i can, despite him.

im torn between if it was the right or wrong call at the end of the game...

whilst he was collected high, it did look like he had ducked into the tackle, and as we know, if you duck your head its your own fault.

He definitely ducked into the tackle, so the umpire was correct in not giving him a free kick. Once the umpire made that decision, Schneider had to make an attempt to get rid of the ball. He didn't.

The 50m penalty I can only assume was for abusing the umpire, in which case he has no one to blame but himself.

The clapping thing was silly, but I very much doubt it affected any future decisions.

a premiership player?
Schneider has always been a front runner that likes to run forward of the ball and play give it to me !!! Even at the Swans.Being the sook he is now is just another string to his bow.Oh well Bowater Scott would be well pleased as they now have 2 ambassadors at the Saints in Schneider and Riewoldt and advertising for Kleenex is at an all time high.Imagine the sales in September if the history of mediocrity and failure kicks in.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schneider has always been a front runner that likes to run forward of the ball and play give it to me !!! Even at the Swans.Being the sook he is now is just another string to his bow.Oh well Bowater Scott would be well pleased as they now have 2 ambassadors at the Saints in Schneider and Riewoldt and advertising for Kleenex is at an all time high.Imagine the sales in September if the history of mediocrity and failure kicks in.:eek:
Next time, don't hold anything back!! :p

Rossy is all about respect. He won't have a bar of that. Schneider will be in for a pretty torrid meeting this week.

Bit harsh on Schneider, I wouldn't call him a cheat. He's had a pretty good year and your ready to hang him for clapping at the umpire. Both were free kicks and he didn't get either, doesn't seem like karma just bad umpiring.

that means Lloyds a cheat. chappys a cheat. im betting more then half of the players have played for a free kick before. some players do it more then others.

Getting back to the original post : the 3rd 1/4 incident happened in front of me. It would have been an absurdly soft free had it been paid. Schneider could have actually gone for the ball, if he really wanted it.

His response was undisciplined and childish, and I would not have been surprised if they had paid a free for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there provision to penalise a player for 'demonstrative dissent', or something similar?

Anyway, it was the kind of mentally weak, selfish effort that North fans have copped all year from Lindsay Thomas, which is why his demotion this week was so welcomed.

An amazing decision that one late in the game. Probably one of the more extraordinary decisions in the games history.

Something doesn't add up

Remove this Banner Ad

Magnificent footy karma - Schneider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back