Magnificent footy karma - Schneider

Remove this Banner Ad

the dog's kennel

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2007
The Land of Baileys
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely Schneider was on the pointy end of some of the most delicious footy karma dished out for some time.

3rd quarter he stages for a free in the most pathetic, weak fashion. The North player certainly had his hand on him, but it was pretty standard scrapping. Nevertheless, Schneider throws his hands up like he was run over by a truck. When he doesn't get the free kick (thank God!) he then sarcastically claps TWO umpires over the intervening minute he is so steamed up that he didn't get his lame weakass handout.

If i was a Saints fan i would have been absolutely disgusted. No act all year has better encapsulated what the Saints are NOT about in 2009.

Then with 3 minutes to go, with the game on the line, Schneider actually IS infringed upon with a clear headhigh tackle. But Schneider, being the filthy little cheat he is, tries to play it up as much as he can. Of course while he's desperately writhing all over the ground crying to his mama, he's not trying to dispose of the ball. So the umpires pay holding the ball. Whether they didn't pay the headhigh because they didn't want to give any free shots at goal at a pivotal stage of the match, or they didn't pay it because they remember Schneider is a stager, i don't know. But Schneider goes off at them again. This time they pay a 50. This incident as much as anything cost the Saints the game.

I'm not going to pretend for a second this wasn't a terrible decision by the umpire. It was. But i bet every non-Saints fan would have savoured the little cheat get his comeuppance. Shame the whole team had to pay the penalty. They deserve better.

Bit harsh on Schneider, I wouldn't call him a cheat. He's had a pretty good year and your ready to hang him for clapping at the umpire. Both were free kicks and he didn't get either, doesn't seem like karma just bad umpiring.

"Now we know what a win feels like." Umpires after Round 21, 2005.

Now this, in Round 21, 2009.

Déjà vu and then some.

Schneider was definitely punished for his clap. It's a shame, because it was clearly there.

But not only was it not paid, he got pinged for holding the ball. And 50m.

You get the feeling the umpire was absolutely loving the chance to extract his revenge.

It should have been a free to schneider he was being held.

Schneider sarcastically clapped the bad umpiring, i was too, it was bad umpiring.

Umpire takes revenge later in the game.

Well done umpires.

the free kicks were there, but the clapping was very selfish and was never going to do anything to help the team out in a 50-50 decision

he got what he deserved, the team didn't

would be very interesting to be sitting in the room when ross lyon and the rest of the team watch the replay and in particular see schneiders response when asked what was going through his head

I would have expected the clap from Milne, but not Schneider.

Low act and then blew his cool to give away the 50m minutes later - I'd imagine Riewoldt/Lyon will be sitting down with him during the week.

Are you being serious? Low act. He clapped at the umpire, what is his alternative? Give him a gob full and give a free kick away. If clapping is a low act you are a precious individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you being serious? Low act. He clapped at the umpire, what is his alternative? Give him a gob full and give a free kick away. If clapping is a low act you are a precious individual.

get on with the game, and don't stuff your team around caus you didn't get a free

Clapping the umpire a "low act" ? WTF? What is going on here on BF? are we being invaded by 10 yr olds?
Rofl.

Clapped the umpire! Oh the outrage!! Lets pull up our prissy little skirts and weep tears of anguish! What is our game coming too if a player claps the umpire.

This should be investigated post haste.

get on with the game, and don't stuff your team around caus you didn't get a free

Such a simple thing to do yet some people just don't get it. Refs arnt robots, what the hell would clapping to the ref in a bad manner way achieve anything for you seriously? Just plain stupid.

Rofl.

Clapped the umpire! Oh the outrage!! Lets pull up our prissy little skirts and weep tears of anguish! What is our game coming too if a player claps the umpire.

This should be investigated post haste.

I think it shows how much power the umps can have over the game, "IF" the head high wasn't paid due to Umpure spite over Schneiders protest earlier then maybe GT, Newman and some others were correct when addressing Umpires egos.

That holding free kick was there but he did over-act it for sure. That one at the end wasnt there - he clearly ducked. They replayed it several times and you can clearly see him duck therefore causing him to be hit high

schnieder is from the sydney school of cheats, so it's not surprising seeing his theatrical attempts to con free kicks.

neither incident was a free in IMO (schneider clearly ducked in the latter incident) so good on the umps for getting it right :thumbsu:

It didn't really "stuff the team around", there were no repercussions from him doing it. I didn't love him doing it, but people are human and will show emotion. Can't understand everyone lining up to give him a whack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Magnificent footy karma - Schneider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back