Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Out Underbool way today and the vibes are not good with new coach. Apparently players were backstabbing him during the game and he heard it and absolutely blasted the crap out of them at halftime which has people talking how long he will last. Not liked much either an really does not get on with many players at all. Apparently last yrs coach took over and is favourite to take over before the seasons end. To make matters worse he is not getting much of kick either so this might work against him. Seems as though he has taken on more than he can chew!!:eek::cool::confused:
Why would you slag a bloke and a club in another league when you are on the committee at Werrimull???? Are you trying to stir up Hilly, do you have something against him???? Did he whack you when playing for Gol Gol???? I see your club are back on track after being wooden spooners for a few years, maybe you should concentrate on writing something positive about them...

Why would you slag a bloke and a club in another league when you are on the committee at Werrimull???? Are you trying to stir up Hilly, do you have something against him???? Did he whack you when playing for Gol Gol???? I see your club are back on track after being wooden spooners for a few years, maybe you should concentrate on writing something positive about them...

Hidden

Mullethead i just wrote what i was told by a Underbool supporter and shared it as this is forum about what is happening in vic footy!!:eek:
Underbool have been very successful in the past an hate the fact they are losing games that are winnable an the first person they point the finger at is the coach. Feel sorry for Tansley and hope he sees out his post which is likely as they would have to pay out his contract then pay someone else and the season has probably finish for them anyway. :confused:
Yes Werrimull have won a few games so far but its a long season an we know how good Golly is this season!! :D:thumbsu:

Mullethead i just wrote what i was told by a Underbool supporter and shared it as this is forum about what is happening in vic footy!!:eek:
Underbool have been very successful in the past an hate the fact they are losing games that are winnable an the first person they point the finger at is the coach. Feel sorry for Tansley and hope he sees out his post which is likely as they would have to pay out his contract then pay someone else and the season has probably finish for them anyway. :confused:
Yes Werrimull have won a few games so far but its a long season an we know how good Golly is this season!! :D:thumbsu:
Fair enough but maybe they can write on heere rather than you as it doesnt look good....as far as Golly go its along year and anything can happen and its about time we had a change I think everyone would like to see a changing of the guard and the Pies get up or Cardy or nangi or Meringur but this is wrong forum for that....How are the Dowdy boys travelling at Sea Lake????

From what I can make out, half the problem is the Adelaide boys were so good, reliable and consistent. SFL/MFL recruits aren't setting the world on fire but it also just goes to show how the Mallee comp is not a place to pick up loads of cash and expect to be getting easy kicks unless you are a real star. eg Ryan O' Call, Marc Hahnel
A coach can only work with what hes got and some quality players left last year.

From what I can make out, half the problem is the Adelaide boys were so good, reliable and consistent. SFL/MFL recruits aren't setting the world on fire but it also just goes to show how the Mallee comp is not a place to pick up loads of cash and expect to be getting easy kicks unless you are a real star. eg Ryan O' Call, Marc Hahnel
A coach can only work with what hes got and some quality players left last year.

Have to agree with you there dissux, too often players come into the league expecting it will be a walk in the park. They soon find out that the standard and quality of players (especially with the top teams) is quite good.

Have to agree with you there dissux, too often players come into the league expecting it will be a walk in the park. They soon find out that the standard and quality of players (especially with the top teams) is quite good.

Correct. Woomelang were going to be better this year by early reports, but WTF happened to them sat...Smashed.

Ouyen
Beulah
J/P
Sealake
W/U
Hopetoun
W/L

Until half way when injuries have either come back in or out.

Correct. Woomelang were going to be better this year by early reports, but WTF happened to them sat...Smashed.

Ouyen
Beulah
J/P
Sealake
W/U
Hopetoun
W/L

Until half way when injuries have either come back in or out. Kade schack Knee reco!!!!

They only had 16 players on the ground after half time,

not surprised to here that thanx pp
Interesting comments fellas, i never considered myself tough but just hard at it because that was how you survived, yes plenty of hard at it men playing when i was around to many to mention which saw the best and worst of all of us in an era that you coud get away with things, i never considered myself to hunt kids and will argue that to the end. Just for the record i'm not coaching the juniors, helping out with the Keegans side as a trainer though, but still having a run in the magoos although the candles nearly burnt out. Hope the Mallee league prospers well, as i have many great memories of a league i consider a hard at it one.

P.S Go UNITED!!!

Well this week has Walpy playing Woomelang. If one or the other has a big one the other can almost make room on the trophy shelf for a spoon. If its close its still wide open and I also dont think Sea Lake, Hopetoun or JR are all that far ahead of this bunch either. What do others think?

watched 2 very entertaining games of footy yesterday beulah vs ouyen with beulah being very lucky to get up in both by 1 point. some very interesting umpiring decisions made that may have changed outcomes but they were pretty ordinary going against both sides imo.

watched 2 very entertaining games of footy yesterday beulah vs ouyen with beulah being very lucky to get up in both by 1 point. some very interesting umpiring decisions made that may have changed outcomes but they were pretty ordinary going against both sides imo.

Haven't seen a Mallee League game for a while and thought the umpiring was quite good. No decisions were made that would influence the final result. Good game and both teams have a few to come back in so should make for an interesting clash next time they meet. First time I have seen Sonny play, you can see he has ability but musn't train much anymore (carrying a few extra kg's). Would have been good to see a couple of years ago no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crassher get serious, umpiring was outstanding and the game was fairly played. Will be a good contest again when these sides come up against each other again next time... few ins for each club.

Crassher get serious, umpiring was outstanding and the game was fairly played. Will be a good contest again when these sides come up against each other again next time... few ins for each club.
obviously u were umpiring then or a beulah supporter. goal umpiring was questionable from accounts ive heard clear points being awarded goals in both games told from multiple sources.

obviously u were umpiring then or a beulah supporter. goal umpiring was questionable from accounts ive heard clear points being awarded goals in both games told from multiple sources.

That's different altogether to umpiring being shit. Goal umpires are, and always will be dedicated loyal locals. Benefit of the doubt on close ones over the post is proabably going to favour home teams... been happening forever everywhere. Its why they do a half each end, they can even out there dodgy calls with each other lol Just a vital part of local footy.
Just kick it through the guts take the goal ump out of it altogether.

Ask Rocca about his grand final "goal" that wasn't.

That's different altogether to umpiring being shit. Goal umpires are, and always will be dedicated loyal locals. Benefit of the doubt on close ones over the post is proabably going to favour home teams... been happening forever everywhere. Its why they do a half each end, they can even out there dodgy calls with each other lol Just a vital part of local footy.
Just kick it through the guts take the goal ump out of it altogether.

Ask Rocca about his grand final "goal" that wasn't.
dont know rocca personally so cant ask him. and i stand by my opinion of ordinary umpiring some blokes getting hit in the head and getting nothing others getting hit in the shoulder and getting frees. but as i stated previously they were going both ways

dont know rocca personally so cant ask him. and i stand by my opinion of ordinary umpiring some blokes getting hit in the head and getting nothing others getting hit in the shoulder and getting frees. but as i stated previously they were going both ways

I saw the game and thought that out of all the games I have seen this year it was by far the best umpiring I have seen. As you say crassher it went both ways! So i'm not entirely sure why you are blaming the umpires for Ouyen's loss. We all know in this league there are going to be a lot of bad decisions made, so all we can ask for is some consistency, I believe the umpires delivered this on the weekend. It was a cracking game of football by 2 sides who move the ball very well.

I saw the game and thought that out of all the games I have seen this year it was by far the best umpiring I have seen. As you say crassher it went both ways! So i'm not entirely sure why you are blaming the umpires for Ouyen's loss. We all know in this league there are going to be a lot of bad decisions made, so all we can ask for is some consistency, I believe the umpires delivered this on the weekend. It was a cracking game of football by 2 sides who move the ball very well.
never actually stated that the umps cost ouyen the game i said beulah was lucky to get away with 2 wins by 1 point

Out Underbool way today and the vibes are not good with new coach. Apparently players were backstabbing him during the game and he heard it and absolutely blasted the crap out of them at halftime which has people talking how long he will last. Not liked much either an really does not get on with many players at all. Apparently last yrs coach took over and is favourite to take over before the seasons end. To make matters worse he is not getting much of kick either so this might work against him. Seems as though he has taken on more than he can chew!!:eek::cool::confused:

This is intersesting. Prediction is not far from the truth. Performances are still down. Stay Tuned.

Burdett got 3 weeks for last weeks effort. Anyone see it? I also heard he can still play interleague next week. Is that what the rules say can happen?
Also heard plenty about the unrest out Underbool way last Saturday, it includes a difference of opinion about how good the coach thinks he is. It also seems its everyones fault but his. Keep us tuned in Greyhound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back