Malthouse Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure if Ratten had just delivered Carlton their 2nd Premiership in 50 odd years ... He would have had a bit more to say?.
MM wasnt sacked, he walked out on us.
He signed the contract in 2009, he did not have to.
MM had 2 years notice, Ratten had no notice, who handled themselves better?

COLLINGWOOD feared it could "kill'' Mick Malthouse if it had not enacted a coaching transition three years ago.

Is this the same Eddie who was talking MM up as Coach of Carlton 3 months ago (when we had a coach), saying he'd be perfect for the job?

Now the job is actually vacant, it will kill him, and he's not fit to coach anymore.

Eddies trolling Carlton and MM here methinks.

Its sad how much MM is tarnishing his reputation nowadays.

If he had left the collingwood FC on good terms and shut up in the media, he would be a living legend and hero of the Collingwood FC, AFL icon.

Now it seems his just an angry old guy desperately trying to feed his ego. I highly suspect he wont be coaching carlton next year, and he isnt saying yes or no because he likes the attention and the ego boost.

I think the word you were looking for was uneducated! :rolleyes: Only a moron believes that 1 premiership in 17 years qualifies a coach for legend status.
8 finals series in ten years and four grand finals in that same period isn't to shabby

Throw in getting the 2002 pies aide into a gf which is the worst gf side of all time

He is da master

8 finals series in ten years and four grand finals in that same period isn't to shabby

Throw in getting the 2002 pies aide into a gf which is the worst gf side of all time

What was Pagans record before we appointed him?

He is da master

I hope Ratts gets picked up elsewhere and coaches that side to a flag.

Just so I can hunt you down and laugh.

TBH, I am a bit disappointed that Eddie is stirring the pot about this.

It just makes it look like there's some bad blood there with Mick - either personally or at the club level. And sure, there probably is, but I just don't see the point of Eddie getting involved in it.

What's the point of our President venting about, or being vindictive towards our last Premiership coach? How is that in the club's best interests?

It's not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Mick the one who earlier on this year said he wouldn't coach again because he couldn't coach against "his boys".
Now it looks like his gone over to the dark side. What a ****ing liar. Yes he won us a premiership but going over to Carlton has made me lose the respect I had left for him. I will never believe a thing he says anymore.

So glad we have Nathan. Handles the media 100 times better then Mick and will be a great coach for a long time.

TBH, I am a bit disappointed that Eddie is stirring the pot about this.

It just makes it look like there's some bad blood there with Mick - either personally or at the club level. And sure, there probably is, but I just don't see the point of Eddie getting involved in it.

What's the point of our President venting about, or being vindictive towards our last Premiership coach? How is that in the club's best interests?

It's not.

If he was going anywhere else I don't think Eddie would give a stuff. The Blues will probably try and poach both Cloke and Buttifant. Eddie is letting them know that we will not allow this to happen without one hell of a fight. I read in The Age that if Mick takes the job it will be the first time a Collingwood senior coach has coached the Blues. The hatred of the Blues must be embraced by all Collingwood supporters. I wish they had gone under when they were broke.

I think some people are far too sensitive about Eddie speaking out on matters like this.

It needs to be highlighted or the Blues and the AFL will get away with it.

Carlton have been getting an armchair ride from Fitz and his goons for far too long and its time they were taken to task over the whole stinking mess.

I think some people are far too sensitive about Eddie speaking out on matters like this.

Carlton have been getting an armchair ride from Fitz and his goons for far too long and its time they were taken to task over the whole stinking mess.

I would love to see the Visy extension revoked for Judd. The double standards on this are disgraceful.

He is da master

He does have a very good coaching record. His achievements have been very good over a sustained period of time.

However, I would stop short of calling him "da master".

You should know as well as anyone since you support Carlton where you guys are apparently "ruthless", it's not the amount of GFs or finals series you play in, rather how many premierships you actually win.

Took him 16 years between flags and 10 years at the one club on the 4th attempt via a replay to deliver. He coached out of skin in his last 2 years when the "pressure" was applied to him.

I don't think he will be afforded the same luxuries as he was at Collingwood i.e. given 10 years to win a flag at Carlton.

I'll always love Mick for his contributions to Collingwood and he will always be our premiership coach and hero of 2010 like all those players will be but I don't think he is the "messiah" of coaching so to speak. Great coach nonetheless though and a champion of the game.

It's obvious the AFL want Carlton to be right up there again, they would all be saying "I'ts good for football" well i say only if they got their on their own merits, which they certainly havn't given the Visy deal.

Malthouse going there and prob Cloke too, It would break me as a supporter to see what we thought was a dynasty being built be ruined by Cloke going to the enemy, only to win a flag under Malthouse.

It's obvious the AFL want Carlton to be right up there again, they would all be saying "I'ts good for football" well i say only if they got their on their own merits, which they certainly havn't given the Visy deal.

Malthouse going there and prob Cloke too, It would break me as a supporter to see what we thought was a dynasty being built be ruined by Cloke going to the enemy, only to win a flag under Malthouse.

Which is why I'm confident Cloke will not go to Carlton. It would break alot of supporters and Collingwood peple seeing him at the arch enemy. Collingwood hierarchy won't allow it. They will sort out a deal.

He will stay.

And if he doesn't ?

There's no guarantees in life as they say but the most probable and likely outcome is Cloke staying.

He wants to stay. We want him to stay. Both are on record. We have the space ready and available. Viability of Carlton having 2 players at $1m each in their cap is not likely. Fremantle certainly can afford him but he won't be going to WA.

As I've said before, Cloke camp is notorius for dragging out talks until the last minute and beyond. There's no need to panic.

Who gives a stuff !!!!
They can have them both !!!
We don't want anybody who does not want to be at Collingwood!!!!!

Cloke has said on a number of occasions that he wants to stay at Collingwood.

There's no guarantees in life as they say but the most probable and likely outcome is Cloke staying.

He wants to stay. We want him to stay. Both are on record. We have the space ready and available. Viability of Carlton having 2 players at $1m each in their cap is not likely. Fremantle certainly can afford him but he won't be going to WA.

As I've said before, Cloke camp is notorius for dragging out talks until the last minute and beyond. There's no need to panic.

If he wanted to stay so desperately he would've signed by now and not request a ridiculous amount of money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back