Marc Murphys tweet re WCE v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Well lets agree to disagree.
Anyway we may be misunderstanding Marc, when he said "Ruined a good game those blokes" he could have been talking about someone else. Maybe he thought Carltons ruckmen ruined the game with their poor showing, or maybe he was talking about Ratten and Judd. Who knows.

No he was talking about the umpiring and hop one sided it was, because blind freddy can see it was another free ride to the goal line.

West Coast crowds weren't that bad in regards to booing a few years ago. I get the feeling those years at the bottom of the ladder really embittered a large section of their supporter base, the hostility towards anything that doesn't go their way is palpable.

West Coast almost always get a good run with the umpires at home though, more than any other side on their home ground which is why the media and people here are bringing it up. After almost every West Coast home game this year opposition supporters have complained about the umpiring and it's not just sour grapes because they lost as plenty of neutral supporters have also complained about the umpiring in those games.

There might not have been a big difference in the free kick tallies tonight but the umpires once again pulled out some very soft frees which led to West Coast goals at crucial times.
This is true plugger35 I am not a fan of either of the 2 clubs but I know when ones getting dudded , deliberate or not we need more black and white rules.

West Coast crowds weren't that bad in regards to booing a few years ago. I get the feeling those years at the bottom of the ladder really embittered a large section of their supporter base, the hostility towards anything that doesn't go their way is palpable.

The hostility has been there for years since foundation. The classic us against them mentality. When we're on the bottom (for a small percentage of our existence) they laugh about it, but when we're back on top the fear returns in full force.

Yes, we are the Manchester United of the AFL.

yes this post was a joke

not fined...why am i not suprisedo_O Prob the same reason WC had to wear white shorts for their home game..Disgusting Victorians

WOW. Being at the bottom of the ladder really wasn't that bitter at all, I mean it was only one year and the ecstasy of being back at the finals just two seasons late kinda erased any bitter memories altogether. Now if my club had been shit since say....well forever...than yeh I guess I'd be pretty bitter.

Yeap we really are, but you would be nothing but a 2 club town with out us mate :)

I've never understood why Vics and West Aussies have this hatred for each other. We all love the same sport, if anything we should be ganging up on those dastardly New South Welshmen and their Queenslander rugby-loving mates :) . Seriously though, if it makes you feel any better the whole WA uni populace has the idea in their heads that Melbourne is the cultural centre of Australia. Weird

I've never understood why Vics and West Aussies have this hatred for each other. We all love the same sport, if anything we should be ganging up on those dastardly New South Welshmen and their Queenslander rugby-loving mates :) . Seriously though, if it makes you feel any better the whole WA uni populace has the idea in their heads that Melbourne is the cultural centre of Australia. Weird

What you do not understand is us in Victoria do not hate anyone, in fact i find it weird when ever i go to SA, WA or QLD they all bag Victoria and say the most silly things about us. I put it down to tall poppy syndrome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW. Being at the bottom of the ladder really wasn't that bitter at all, I mean it was only one year and the ecstasy of being back at the finals just two seasons late kinda erased any bitter memories altogether. Now if my club had been shit since say....well forever...than yeh I guess I'd be pretty bitter.

Why it is not like any of us run our clubs or have any input at all, We don't draft player or coach them.

In fact if a club is good or shit has nothing to do with us, So how my club is going has no reflection on me at all. I am not the reason why they are good or bad and if they are good or bad it does not make me any money. It is a game and a bit of fun and thats all it is.

I wanna pin down all WCE fans mums and force them to perform sexual acts

sigh.... wtf has our game come to? Next thing will be after games the players will all sit around a giant round table listening to violins and sipping tea all congratulating each other saying
"ah yes, very well played good sir, a fine performance indeed"
"oh why thank you kind gent, it was a rather nice game to be involved in if I do say so myself"
"mmmmyes, a jolly good game"
*tea sip with pinkies out

What you do not understand is us in Victoria do not hate anyone, in fact i find it weird when ever i go to SA, WA or QLD they all bag Victoria and say the most silly things about us. I put it down to tall poppy syndrome.
Victoria has a long history of intense parochialism, so ingrained I would suggest it is a defining feature of the culture of the state.

Without this 'town' most of your clubs and your whole state would be bankrupt

How is that mate, our GDP is twice of WA's. I think if you want to say such stupid things you should look into it a bit more. As for the AFL the 2 clubs offer no more than the bulldogs or Roos's if you asked the AFL who they would rather be in the comp Freo and WC or GWS and Swans they would pick the Swans and GWS because the TV revenue between Albury and Goulburn are worth far more in TV rights than both SA and WA teams. The TV rights in general are worth nothing out side of Vic and NSW. The rest is just a cherry to maximize the money. I have a mate who sells car battery's now he makes on average $42 profit a battery but if he does terminals he makes another $8 if he does hold downs another its another $4 so all in all out of his turn over of $120,000 a month terminals add a % but they are not the be all and end all. So when ever he and i look at a company we want to buy or expand we use the word terminals to describe what extras can we had to make more money, WA SA and QLD are terminals. Now terminals add a nice chunk of change and add cream but they are just an add on not a must. You fight tooth and nail for them but if they had to go it would not cripple the company we would just have to make adjustments. Do not think for one second that your clubs add anymore than any other club or that the AFL will fold with out it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc Murphys tweet re WCE v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back