Mark & Goal of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

The 3 finalists for both are in the Footy Record Mag.

Ill ppst tomorrow, as it is on my desk at work.

All i can remeber is Lloyd and Rioli nominated for MOTY

From page 146 of the Footy Record

All Australian selectors to decide winner. Not sure when announced.

BEST OF THE BEST
Mark Of The Year
Brett Burton - Rd08 - v Melbourne
[youtube]JN22MyV6yd8[/youtube]

Matthew Lloyd - Rd18 - v Melbourne
[youtube]Zzwci0M5mmQ[/youtube]

Nick Gill - Rd22 - v Bulldogs
[youtube]OkF_trmj8xI[/youtube]

Goal Of The Year
Cyril Rioli - Rd06 v Richmond
[youtube]7IlVy8P06Bo[/youtube]

Daniel Motlop - Rd10 v Fremantle
[youtube]MSUcsxWEcLY[/youtube]

Leon Davis - Rd22 v Fremantle
[youtube]MEVP7emzsZM[/youtube]

Well, out of the finallists they decided on, Gill is a shoe in for the MOTY. Burton has taken better ones in the past, a victim of his own standards in the end probably. The Lloyd one doesn't even deserve mention, so seriously overated it was.

GOTY is a different story, I'm having trouble splitting Rioli and Motlop.

for mine, it's got to be Gill for moty because apart it being the best in my opinion it was taken against a quality side in the bulldogs. The other two were taken against chumps from melbourne.
same goes for goty, it has to be junior-boy, great goal against good opposition. Unfortunately freo were involve in the other two.:D

I cant stand Lloyd, not a huge fan of the Bombers either, but his mark was the most enjoyable to watch. Extra points for Gill being in the wet but Lloyds was a blinder. :thumbsu:

GOTY I think Cyril and Motlops were both stunning, but Im going with Cyril just because he shook off a couple of tackles too... But Im biased.

I think that the MOTY and GOTY needs to have the WOW factor, not just "great goal" response.

This is why I feel that Nick Gill and Daniel Motlop should both win.
But Lloyd and Davis will.

Lloyds mark was over 3 or 4 players and easily the best. Gill's was pretty much regulation, Burtons a fair bit better.
Motlop's goal was pretty standard and unde no pressure. I'm surpised it would be included over McPhee's(biased much) but I would think the other two should fight it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Llyod - MOTY

Rioli / Betts - GOTY

People have forgotten about Bett's wrong side Banana under extreme pressure, If you've ever tried to kick one underf similar circumstances you'll understand. And Rioli beat 3 tigers to get that snap off with one arm pinned

Finally a Hawk supporter that makes sense ;)

2008 MOTY/GOTY - why can't I find the winners??

Surely these have been awarded?

Can't find anything anywhere?

Re: 2008 MOTY/GOTY - why can't I find the winners??

Yeah nither have I. If you dig around you might be able to find something on the AFL website.

I've actually been looking for it for several days. Would have thought it would be announced before the Grand Final. But can't find it.

they might've included grand final goals and marks?

finals are now included in the award. thus finalists from grand final will be decided, after week of voting the winner of the grand final round will be decided, then the overall award will be announced a few days after that i presume...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark & Goal of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back