Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

You should learn how to read before hitting reply also.
my comments was mainly about his indecisiveness and he just kicks it long to a contest which half the time gives in back to the opposition.
how many times have you seen Butts mark the ball walks back and then take 6000 centuries to kick the ball and move it forwards.
he literally kills momentum when we need to make a quick decision and go and not give the opposition time to set up defensively.

Talia has limitations when disposing the ball but at least he makes his decision to move the ball forwards to a player in a better position or to a more skilled player quickly.

Is this another one of those stupid eye test things again?

Disposal effiencey - 86%
Clangers - 17 for the season (1.1 per game)
Kicks - 83
Effective kicks - 70

Fair bit less than "half the time" chief

Is this another one of those stupid eye test things again?

Disposal effiencey - 86%
Clangers - 17 for the season (1.1 per game)
Kicks - 83
Effective kicks - 70

Fair bit less than "half the time" chief
Further to this, turnover stats :

Butts 1.3
Borlase 1.4
Worrell 3.1
Keane 3.2
Murray 4.5

There is a caveat that Butts might not take on kicks that are as risky but doesn't account for him apparently bombing it long and turning it over half the time when he has 7.6 disposals per turnover

Nearly triple the amount of clangers and turnovers as well. Attacking wise they are performing fairly similar (despite the discrepancy in stats). Now who's using selective stats?

Overall they are fairly similar although Butts has the bigger size to play on bigger forwards.
you've just copied what i wrote but worded it differently. well done!

going by this your rating keane as a better player then worrell......
they are very similar players and play the same role......
there is absolutely no way keane is better the worrell.
unless we play with one big full back like murray/butts and the rest as third talls.
we can't have a team of murray, butts, worrell and keane all in the starting 22.... just tooooo slow and no run.
Not my rating, it is that of Our and opposing coaches on the day.
It is how the player is rated as hurt factor by oppo and value by our coach or ability to
follow a role. Keane is more than capable of being thrown forward, lockdown or +1.
Allowing for possible injury I’m keeping all of them.

Not my rating, it is that of Our and opposing coaches on the day.
It is how the player is rated as hurt factor by oppo and value by our coach or ability to
follow a role. Keane is more than capable of being thrown forward, lockdown or +1.
Allowing for possible injury I’m keeping all of them.

He’s actually not great as a lockdown defender.

He has a huge amount of development left in all aspects .As I have said all along my assessment of him differs to most on here. Happy for the club to make the call.
Not sure I'm comfortable with the club making great calls at the moment!

Keane is very poor 1 on 1, but very useful when he can play off his opponent as reads the ball well. He will hopefully improve 1 on 1, but there are no guarantees. He is OK if we have other lockdown defenders in the side.

Worrell is a better version of Keane & far better 1 on 1, but also reads the ball well to play off his man. This is why I rate Worrell & Murray much higher than Keane.

I value Butts around the same as Keane. Far better lockdown, but worse offensively & slower to move the ball.

Assuming Murray & Worrell are fit, I would play Butts ahead of Keane if we need to lockdown on 2 big tall forwards, otherwise I would play Keane.

I would prefer to keep all 4, as there will usually be at least 1 injured.

Our coaching staff (or hopefully, whichever coaches replace most of them) have their work cut out for them! We seem to be a team loaded with players who each have some excellent traits, but also serious deficiencies.

Keane is a great interceptor, and valuable offensively, but he can get exposed when he loses his opponent.
Butts is great defensively but very limited offensively and is injury prone.
Taylor is a natural, creative mid, who struggles to finish off games.
Soligo is also a natural, creative mid, who can get bullied physically.
Keays has exceptional work-rate and gets to the right spots, but has poor ball use and makes questionable decisions.
Berry is a natural clearance player but offers almost nothing outside of a stoppage.
Bond is a great stopper who can't seem to get involved offensively.
I could go on and on...

If we can turn this side into a premiership team, it will be because we have coaches who are able to implement a structure that enables the strengths of our players without exposing their weaknesses. There has to be a way to use Keane so that his strengths can shine, without him getting taken to the cleaners by the likes of Amartey. We have to find the right role for Curtin to shine. We need to work out how to get Rachele involved more often. Where is Nankervis going to play?

We need to make sure we have the right people in the job to get the most out of this group... or else we'll be starting the rebuild all over again.

All these lads are within a year of each other . The difference is all but one have had a footy in their hands and played
Aussie Rules for the best part of twenty years. Keane hadn’t even touched one or learnt the basics of the game four years ago. He has further to go just in catching up and I believe coaches see this.
Anyway if he is traded let’s see what salary he pulls which will give a coaches idea of his worth.

He has a huge amount of development left in all aspects .As I have said all along my assessment of him differs to most on here. Happy for the club to make the call.

I don’t think he’ll ever be a good lockdown defender. He regularly over commits to winning the ball and allows his man to get separation. I don’t think he can be the intercept player he is without that.

As a Collingwood supporter if we trade for him and trade high its quite annoying as apparently he wanted to come back to pies but we said no (idiots)

Keane is clearly not a loyal player ...ditched the pies with 1 year left on contract and now is gonna burn you guys..

I've mentioned trading Nathan Krueger for him with a swap of picks

Thoughts ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Collingwood supporter if we trade for him and trade high its quite annoying as apparently he wanted to come back to pies but we said no (idiots)

Keane is clearly not a loyal player ...ditched the pies with 1 year left on contract and now is gonna burn you guys..

Thoughts ?
What? He left Collingwood to return to Ireland during the pandemic as his partner's study was affected by the shutdown.

Thoughts ?
No thanks

What? He left Collingwood to return to Ireland during the pandemic as his partner's study was affected by the shutdown.
They let him go home as was homesick

Then he didn't come back

At the time we had another Irish back man who played 1 game Anton tohill

He retired to study medicine
Looked promising

They let him go home as was homesick

Then he didn't come back

At the time we had another Irish back man who played 1 game Anton tohill

He retired to study medicine
Looked promising
His partner found study in Adelaide after the pandemic so he moved to Adelaide from Ireland and found himself on the list after McAsey quit AFL.

Trade now. Ask for more than a second, find a way to get into the 1st round. This draft goes deep. When looking at stats, you don't see the 2 brain fades he has that directly costs goals. That missed tackle, poor defensive effort... Etc.

Thoughts ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.........hmmmmmmm🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I want to see Keane have a go playing up forward. More CHF than FF. Give Walker a rest and play Keane. It may not work out, but he has a great ability to read the ball early, he's a good size and athletic and he's a pretty good field kick. His main weaknesses at this stage is he's not reliable one on one in defence and gives away too many goals. Give him a crack up forward before we make any assessment on trading him. In general, his good is very good, but his bad is pretty bad as well. You'd expect that will improve quickly given this is his first full season of AFL.

I want to see Keane have a go playing up forward. More CHF than FF. Give Walker a rest and play Keane. It may not work out, but he has a great ability to read the ball early, he's a good size and athletic and he's a pretty good field kick. His main weaknesses at this stage is he's not reliable one on one in defence and gives away too many goals. Give him a crack up forward before we make any assessment on trading him. In general, his good is very good, but his bad is pretty bad as well. You'd expect that will improve quickly given this is his first full season of AFL.
Not the worst idea. I'm happy for major experimenting until the end of the year.

Thoughts ?
not sure if serious. Krueger is already a second hand dud. 15 games in 4 years inc 6 this year for the 11th ranked team. I suppose he is at least averaging career high stats of 7 disposals per game.

Krueger is a negative to any trade - not sure this is debatable? It comes down to pick swaps and Crows are stupid to entertain anything but Pies F1 - with perhaps a later pick going back to you. He is under contract in and in-demand position. Crows have the power here

and as soon as the inevitable injury to Butts, Worrell or Murray (perhaps multiple players at once) who are you choosing to move back into a KPD role - Curtin or Borlase?
easy - borlase as kpd
third talls - curtin and mm playing that Lever role

Edit
i forgot about Burgess as backup

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back