Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

easy? borlase is sub-standard. he isnt tall or fast enough for AFL and should only be second in line as a back up player
well the question was about backups..........
like if butts and murray go down and maybe worrell....

but any team losing all 3 at once would be in a bit of strife.

as i said borlase and burgess are the backups..... with curtin, mm and hinge as third talls

as i said borlase and burgess are the backups..... with curtin, mm and hinge as third talls
ok i agree with your third talls. My point is that is Butts or Murray go down for a LT injury, we do NOT want to be reliant on barely AFL standard Borlase/Burgess for an extended period. We need depth and currently with 4 AFL standard KPD inc 3rd tall Worrell (and Butts, Murray and Keane) thats perfect from a holistic squad perspective. Take away one of those 4 AFL standard players and we are short in this critical area of the ground.

As has been pointed out by others, Keane has played less than 30 games and only played AFL for a few years. His ceiling is as high as any of our KPD's IMO

ok i agree with your third talls. My point is that is Butts or Murray go down for a LT injury, we do NOT want to be reliant on barely AFL standard Borlase/Burgess for an extended period. We need depth and currently with 4 AFL standard KPD inc 3rd tall Worrell (and Butts, Murray and Keane) thats perfect from a holistic squad perspective. Take away one of those 4 AFL standard players and we are short in this critical area of the ground.

As has been pointed out by others, Keane has played less than 30 games and only played AFL for a few years. His ceiling is as high as any of our KPD's IMO
ok fair enough

i still don't rate keane as kpd.....

technically we have (preferred positions):

KPD: Murray, Butts, Borlase
Third Talls: Worrell, Keane
Utility: Hinge, Michalanney
HB: Smith, Ryan
BP: Laird, Jones

Wingers: Dawson, Sholl, Nankervis

Trade now. Ask for more than a second, find a way to get into the 1st round. This draft goes deep. When looking at stats, you don't see the 2 brain fades he has that directly costs goals. That missed tackle, poor defensive effort... Etc.
You don't see the mark that saved us the game vs Carlton either. IMHO we should try and keep him to give us depth in an area we've been susceptible to injuries in all season.

Pretty sure that game he cost us the first goal with a dropped marked and then again a minute later.
He’s the kind of player who you just have to wear will give up some goals, but also save some. If we keep him we need a good defensive coach that can build our system so that it works even with those errors.

Either that or we go with Butts who is more reliable one on one and look for that offensive play from elsewhere.

He’s the kind of player who you just have to wear will give up some goals, but also save some. If we keep him we need a good defensive coach that can build our system so that it works even with those errors.

Either that or we go with Butts who is more reliable one on one and look for that offensive play from elsewhere.
Id rather go with butts... You cannot play a defender that can't defend.. and this year's 2nd rounder would be a first next year so id take the draft pick

not sure if serious. Krueger is already a second hand dud. 15 games in 4 years inc 6 this year for the 11th ranked team. I suppose he is at least averaging career high stats of 7 disposals per game.

Krueger is a negative to any trade - not sure this is debatable? It comes down to pick swaps and Crows are stupid to entertain anything but Pies F1 - with perhaps a later pick going back to you. He is under contract in and in-demand position. Crows have the power here
Reigning premier decimated by injury hence why 11th

I like Krueger big and athletic had a bad injury run hence low games...

Only suggested him as has upside and is similar height etc and was linked to you guys last year.

I've seen ppl suggest Harrison..not happening

Although Joe Richards (who again would prefer to keep) could be a part of trade discussion

Only suggested him as has upside and is similar height etc and was linked to you guys last year.

Although Joe Richards (who again would prefer to keep) could be a part of trade discussion
Ok mate thanks for a very reasonable response. Firstly, I don’t know enough about a couple of those players you have named. I was at last years GF and have to admit it’s harder to hate the Pies these days haha. You should be proud.

That said, with 10 or more first term players 30+ next year (many quite well into 30’s) man the cliff is coming fast. Don’t you agree? Not sure Pies will be a top 6 team next year with so many older players surely dropping off at some point (Pendles, S/bottom, Mikocek, Howe, Elliott etc). Also, conscious Pies are NOW good at extracting value in many trades (Hill, Lipinski) but not all (Schultz seems an underwhelming trade to me?)

In summary, rate Keane and don’t want to lose him. He is under contract and I have genuinely already texted old mate Justin Reid (Crows List Mgr) imploring him to NOT let Keane go for less than F1

The only way I would take Krueger is if it was Sonia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's at a high value when the draft is going to be very deep... Correct me if I'm wrong but apparently this year's top 40 would be first rounders last year?
Nope, the top end last year was exceptionally talented but didn't run that deep on paper, this year is a very strong and even draft probably out well into the 2nd round. It's that even I think that quite a few that go undrafted will likely get AFL opportunities in the next couple of years after proving themselves at State level or as overagers in their current junior comps.

Borlase is OK as a backup option. Burgess is an absolute dud. Delist as soon as out of contract. I wouldn't want to be depending on him even as depth.

I'd like to keep Keane, but if he wants out then I'm not opposed to trading him for good value. But we need to draft another KPD (not with our first pick please, Hamish) to provide depth.

Ok mate thanks for a very reasonable response. Firstly, I don’t know enough about a couple of those players you have named. I was at last years GF and have to admit it’s harder to hate the Pies these days haha. You should be proud.

That said, with 10 or more first term players 30+ next year (many quite well into 30’s) man the cliff is coming fast. Don’t you agree? Not sure Pies will be a top 6 team next year with so many older players surely dropping off at some point (Pendles, S/bottom, Mikocek, Howe, Elliott etc). Also, conscious Pies are NOW good at extracting value in many trades (Hill, Lipinski) but not all (Schultz seems an underwhelming trade to me?)

In summary, rate Keane and don’t want to lose him. He is under contract and I have genuinely already texted old mate Justin Reid (Crows List Mgr) imploring him to NOT let Keane go for less than F1
Yes agree pies too old and yep we gonna struggle ....they have to decide if the oldies have only last shot in 25 and then also have alot of luck

FWIW Joe Richards has come from the clubs this year very clean and polished player who may seek a trade as he a small forward and we have a few of those.

As for Keane personally hope pies don't overpay as he is a good ordinary player and not worth a first round pick.

Maybe a 2nd round

Anyway cheers for responding amicably

KPDs are in high demand, and Keane is contracted. That lifts his value.
That and you'd think he'd be odds on to play 100+ games for them.

That's worth what will be a late first.
agree with all but not entirely convinced Pies are a top 4 team next year so it COULD be more a mid first rounder even. I know F1 for Keane (and perhaps Berry is chucked into the deal) seems overs and it probably is - but dont you have to pay overs to get a contracted player? (in an in-demand position where Pies are playing Big Bad Billy instead after Murphy retired earlier this year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back