Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re such a brilliantly operated club that any player discontent must reflect poorly on the individual.
That individual is Mark Keane, who walked out on Collingwood and apparently wants to walk out on us. He is contracted and isn't a free agent of any variety, perhaps we told him if he wants to go to Melbourne it will be our choice of where he goes based on the trade.

That individual is Mark Keane, who walked out on Collingwood and apparently wants to walk out on us. He is contracted and isn't a free agent of any variety, perhaps we told him if he wants to go to Melbourne it will be our choice of where he goes based on the trade.
As others have said, when Keane left Collingwood it was due to covid restrictions

There have been hints and rumours all season he wanted to leave

To head to Collingwood.

And people are still buying what the club is selling?

Not me - sure he might take a few whacks on his way out but its still him abandoning his contract

You don't have much leverage in a trade when he walks out on the club
... though could be worth less after playing against Amarty.

We still can hold him to a 1 year deal if we can't get decent value.

The threadmarks are only in the Rumours thread.... Not a player specific thread.
i want GIF

If true that he is leaving the club, good for us. I think I was one of the first to say to trade him because we have options to cover him and the fact we need midfielders. He is poor one on one but a good interceptor.
Our piss weak club doesn’t have the balls to trade him and luckily he’s made us do it anyway. Just need to get full value for him and move on.
Best defence for us is with Butts as a shutdown, Murray second and Worrell as the interceptor. We just need Butts to stay fit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what, does that cancel out the fact that he left them in the first place?
What you're completely missing is the reason why he left in the first place. At a time when the world had been and still was in turmoil this young guy wanted to be with his family which was 15000kms away. He didn't leave because of bad character, in fact he left for the completely opposite reason.

Fortunately Nicks has finally come out and said he "can guarantee that is not the case." when asked if Keane had walked out on the club, so we can allay the fear he's walked away because of whatever shit we want to invent, but with what just happened to Rachelle, everything pointed towards bad blood - now, not so much.

Why does every afl club make player movement such a taboo and secretive topic, no one gives a ****. It’s obvious as hell he checked out mid season.

A player even under contract will always get to their club of choice.

Only a fool thinks otherwise, he only has one year left on his contract. He will get to where he wants to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back