Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does every afl club make player movement such a taboo and secretive topic, no one gives a ****. It’s obvious as hell he checked out mid season.
How do you deduce that, apart from the usual howler Mark makes almost every game he's been pretty decent considering his experience and held some pretty fair opponents.

Kane, that will achieve nothing if he has only one year to go and he is a rookie to boot.

Negotiate with the club he wants to go to and move on.
What has "rookie" got to do with it, he's contracted so we hold the aces and should expect at least fair and decent value.
If it's Collingwood why should we be doing them any favours?

They no doubt would be looking at him as Jeremy Howe's replacement.

Last edited:

What has "rookie" got to do with it, he's contracted so we hold the aces and should expect at least fair and decent vaue.

maybe a straight swap for Frampton - we get a premiership player into our team

As others have said, when Keane left Collingwood it was due to covid restrictions
Which, as our senior players point out, was Josh Rachele's fault after his holiday to Wuhan, where he accused God of some bizarre oral imperfection.
God didn't like it and used the Chinese, as senior players in the team first belief system, as a cover for implementing stronger "team first" personality traits into Josh.

With most recent failure of Josh to learn his lesson, God used his most senior and trusted deciples from Josh's workplace to drive his point home about the sin of self actualisation and expression. Cherub Murphy and cherub Laird and faultlessly recited the mantra of the almighty.

In the next episode, we'll look at how God so loved the AFC, he sent his only Josh Rachele to save it. It's a bit of a sequel but we know how the original ended...

Apologies to my religious friends. Just banter and obviously not serious.
... everyone knows it was actually the CIA who started covid😜😜

Asked if the 24-year-old had walked out on the Crows, Nicks replied: "I can guarantee that is not the case."

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clubs say this all the time but he must really think he is staying. If he knows he is going he could of given a vague answer about him being a required player and in about 24 hours it wouldn't matter.

A player even under contract will always get to their club of choice.

Only a fool thinks otherwise, he only has one year left on his contract. He will get to where he wants to go.

Usually the case but not always. Crows actually have the power here, he might want back to MLB but we can stop it in 2025.

Remember 2012 Norm Smith Medalist….was contracted at Swans who said NO to a trade to Horks for unders

Ryan O'Keefe declared his hand at the end of 2008, seeking a trade back to Victoria despite having a three-year contract from the Swans. He met with the Hawks, where a possible salary was flagged. But it all fell apart when Hawthorn didn't come to the party with a first-round pick for the premiership player.

A player even under contract will always get to their club of choice.

Only a fool thinks otherwise, he only has one year left on his contract. He will get to where he wants to go.
If he says to the club "I want to leave to play for Collingwood" then the club will do their best for a deal with them. Pick 32 probably would better serve us than them, but seems a touch low.

What has "rookie" got to do with it, he's contracted so we hold the aces and should expect at least fair and decent value.

I think people are forgetting the contracted O’Keefe trying similar from Swans to Hawks and Swans knocking back the “unders” offer which Hawks were infamous for year after year (Gunston included). A few years later he is the Norm Smith medalist - for the Swannies.

My take on things is he is spitting the dummy and trying it on. Crows have said we will only trade you if we get significant value as you are under contract and valued highly. Not the answer Keane wants as obviously keen to live in MLB and Pies won’t want to give up a F1 (and we would be STUPID to take F2 - say pick 30ish in a crappy draft)

By storming out he is trying to force our hand but we need to remain strong. 3 options:

• returns to Crows for 2025
  • Crows receive adequate compo for required AND contracted player
  • Keane sits out footy for a year (close to zero chance as already 24, hardly played many games or earnt much $$. Shooting himself in foot doing this)

I know many will bag the club ALWAYS but assuming they are holding firm and giving him the above 3 options we should be backing in 100% the strategy here

I think people are forgetting the contracted O’Keefe trying similar from Swans to Hawks and Swans knocking back the “unders” offer which Hawks were infamous for year after year (Gunston included). A few years later he is the Norm Smith medalist - for the Swannies.

My take on things is he is spitting the dummy and trying it on. Crows have said we will only trade you if we get significant value as you are under contract and valued highly. Not the answer Keane wants as obviously keen to live in MLB and Pies won’t want to give up a F1 (and we would be STUPID to take F2 - say pick 30ish in a crappy draft)

By storming out he is trying to force our hand but we need to remain strong. 3 options:

• Keane sits out footy for a year (close to zero chance as already 24, hardly played many games or earnt much $$. Shorting himself in foot doing this)

I know many will bag the club ALWAYS but assuming they are holding firm and giving him the above 3 options we should be backing in 100% the strategy here
We hold him to option 3. No play No pay.

• Keane sits out footy for a year (close to zero chance as already 24, hardly played many games or earnt much $$. Shorting himself in foot doing this)

First up it's not a crappy draft, it's a very even and strong draft and there will be plenty of good prospects available in the 2nd round still but that doesn't mean we should make it easy for the Pies if indeed he does want out. Nowhere does it read he's storming out and footage of him coming off the track after the last training session joking and laughing with Matty Crouch belies that. We would be looking at a 2024 pick only IMO unless it's a trade chip in say the Luko deal.

• Keane sits out footy for a year (close to zero chance as already 24, hardly played many games or earnt much $$. Shooting himself in foot doing this)

Yep, hold on tight. We should shop him to whichever club wants him from the 9 teams in Melbourne. Richmond and North have pick 21/22 which wont change in terms of order really, North Melbourne need tall defenders and were not making a finals aspirant stronger.

Kane, that will achieve nothing if he has only one year to go and he is a rookie to boot.

Negotiate with the club he wants to go to and move on.
It will achieve nothing if he wants to leave & we trade him out for buggar all value.

He's contracted, so if he wants to leave as a required player, the other club can offer decent value.

We are not in a position to be a charity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First up it's not a crappy draft, it's a very even and strong draft and there will be plenty of good prospects available in the 2nd round still but that doesn't mean we should make it easy for the Pies if indeed he does want out. Nowhere does it read he's storming out and footage of him coming off the track after the last training session joking and laughing with Matty Crouch belies that. We would be looking at a 2024 pick only IMO unless it's a trade chip in say the Luko deal.
Hang on. We are talking 2025 draft which many have said is weak. What draft are you referring to?

Pies have traded 2024 first so can’t trade this years second at this stage.

I haven’t seen that footage but to pack up and leave before the final game….is hardly normal behaviour and shouts disenchantment to me

From my previous post

Pies won’t want to give up a F1 (and we would be STUPID to take F2 - say pick 30ish in a crappy draft)

Hang on. We are talking 2025 draft which many have said is weak. What draft are you referring to?

Pies have traded 2024 first so can’t trade this years second at this stage.

I haven’t seen that footage but to pack up and leave before the final game….is hardly normal behaviour and shouts disenchantment to me

From my previous post

Pies won’t want to give up a F1 (and we would be STUPID to take F2 - say pick 30ish in a crappy draft)
I wasn't aware you followed the draft closely, personally I've seen at least 20 Underagers that look to have 1st rounder prospects, another joined that list this week Cooper Duff-Tytler.

I wasn't aware you followed the draft closely, personally I've seen at least 20 Underagers that look to have 1st rounder prospects, another joined that list this week Cooper Duff-Tytler.
Ok Bicks. I asked what draft you were referring to and you didn’t answer. A few reports I have read say next years draft is much weaker than this years. You disagree with that and thinks it’s better or comparable?

Ok Bicks. I asked what draft you were referring to and you didn’t answer. A few reports I have read say next years draft is much weaker than this years. You disagree with that and thinks it’s better or comparable?
Well the fact there's already at least 20 Underagers I've actually watched play this season that look to have 1st round prospects is a pretty good indicator there's going to be ample talent available in 2025. I watch as well as read. You?

Well the fact there's already at least 20 Underagers I've actually watched play this season that look to have 1st round prospects is a pretty good indicator there's going to be ample talent available in 2025. I watch as well as read. You?
Yes Bicks, without a shadow of doubt I watch much MUCH more kids than you every weekend - at least 15-20 games easily (most of them live), whilst keeping a database of the top 750 youngsters. For the remainder of my living hours I read draft experts analysis constantly.

How did I do? No need to be a dick mate. I said I READ. Not everyone has the time or inclination to see lots of games live like you do and not sure why you need to resort to such posts. Most pundits on here inc myself - with the odd exception of posters like Sanders - very much value your input into youngsters. Anyway….have a good night

Not if he plans to return and play at another club next year. If he’s told them he’s not playing next year and is demanding a trade and we haven’t selected him, which we shouldn’t, surely he’s free to head home for his holidays. Only thing left for him at our club is mad Monday and b&f. And let’s face it, looks like the group might be fracturing. Can’t criticise him for choosing to head home for as much holiday as possible.

He doesn't seem like a coward like Jack Gunston but people never cease to surprise me.

So it’s all just BF bull**** that he’s left the club. He’s asked for leave and got it. No evidence of anything else.

Jim Carrey Ok GIF

Lets go with a timeline

Keane goes home for personal reasons
Keane after some reflection and discussion with his family decides to stay longer
Keane is granted this extra time on compassionate grounds
Keane informs the club 2 weeks before trade and draft that he wants to be closer to some mythical friend in Melbourne
Keane informs the club this club is Collingwood
The AFC in recognition of his compassionate grounds grants the trade

Every stoop here swallows it

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back