Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

And his manager was as surprised as the Crows were at the time, he thought the new contract was a done deal just needed to put pen to paper.

The story I heard was it was all done, he got a change of heart after speaking to his mum. Didnt turn up at the club where he was expected. He had gone home to pack and didnt answer his phone, finally answering at the airport as he was boarding the flight back to Melbourne.

The story I heard was it was all done, he got a change of heart after speaking to his mum. Didnt turn up at the club where he was expected. He had gone home to pack and didnt answer his phone, finally answering at the airport as he was boarding the flight back to Melbourne.
another naive one! this was the story john reid came out with but as history showed reidy wasn't too upfront with the truth. besides a contract at that stage of his career was an easy one everyone knows if it is prolonged then the player is gone

another naive one! this was the story john reid came out with but as history showed reidy wasn't too upfront with the truth. besides a contract at that stage of his career was an easy one everyone knows if it is prolonged then the player is gone
Reid left in 2009 and Gunston in 2011????

You keep saying this but there is literally no one refuting the story. You are literally the first person Ive seen refute the story in 13 years. That includes Gunston himself. He said Adelaide made him angry, he walked out on the club the way he did because he was afraid of being talked into staying. But please do tell your story.

Reid left in 2009 and Gunston in 2011????
I don't know the years but reid was definitely the list manager at the time as he did a radio interview immediately after claiming gunston he was about to sign and then ran to the airport, which is what these guys are reciting but it's such a ridiculous story to believe and john reid didn't mind telling them!

You keep saying this but there is literally no one refuting the story. You are literally the first person Ive seen refute the story in 13 years. That includes Gunston himself. He said Adelaide made him angry, he walked out on the club the way he did because he was afraid of being talked into staying. But please do tell your story.
Macca is full of it.

The lack of information probably suggests there is nothing to the rumours. A player wouldnt leave in silence if it was based on club mistreatment. A manager would make a statement. Or someone somewhere would leak it to the media. The fact its never got further than a BF rumour really does suggest its a personnel reason.

Doesnt mean he isnt planning to head back to Collingwood though.

I think they are unrelated. I think he had the family emergency but might be looking to be traded.

I don't know the years but reid was definitely the list manager at the time as he did a radio interview immediately after claiming gunston he was about to sign and then ran to the airport, which is what these guys are reciting but it's such a ridiculous story to believe and john reid didn't mind telling them!
Justin Reid started in 2014 so neither Reid was at the AFC when Gunston was

Just because you dont believe it, doesnt make it any less true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Harper and I was wrong, Gunston actually contacted the club 2 hours before his flight to request a trade and was leaving.

what's to tell? a long since debunked myth. it's since been written that all the melbourne clubs knew he was available mid year. he said himself he asked his manager to look elsewhere when he was told by craig he didn't see him in the team. belatedly we played him but by then it was too late. we maintained our public shock that he left to the amusement of the melbourne based clubs

the only thing wrong was it turns out it was not john reid but harper/trigg, john reid played the same game tho the "no one wants to come to Adelaide" myth or "we didn't sell our soul" with tippett. you shouldn't lap it up so easily!

to be fair probably was keane's job to stop amarty like it's a cross against him that he couldn't, but yes the no change was giving me neil craig flashbacks
Keane has inbuilt tendencies to want to protect the goals ....there's been a few times you can witness his dilemma of going with his man or falling back to the goal square

That's just experience, the more footy he plays, the more those decisions will come naturally

I think they are unrelated. I think he had the family emergency but might be looking to be traded.

I’ve heard from someone involved in the club (but not a player) that it’s his mum who’s genuinely sick and there was an emergency. But strong rumour is he’s massively got the sh!ts too.
The two things are not necessarily connected.

Keane has inbuilt tendencies to want to protect the goals ....there's been a few times you can witness his dilemma of going with his man or falling back to the goal square

That's just experience, the more footy he plays, the more those decisions will come naturally
I don't remember rutten or talia having 9 kicked on them so he'd want to rectify that tendency if he's to be a keeper quite quickly 😄

I don't remember rutten or talia having 9 kicked on them so he'd want to rectify that tendency if he's to be a keeper quite quickly 😄
Keane was horrid that day, was often 10-15 mtrs away from his man .....if I'm another Club, I'm dragging Keane up the ground, you'll lose him at this stage

But remember, prior to the start of this season, he'd only played 10 games of AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back