Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine, Dawson, Soligo and Thilthorpe have way more trade value than Berry and Keane.

Why don't we trade them for less than they are worth to us, too?

Look I’m not against either re-signing, I also wouldn’t have been against trading either.

The key difference is both Keane and Berry play in positions or roles that we have somewhat of a surplus of. Those four do not.

It's ball park though it's worth noting the benchmarking is position specific.

Right now you're looking off 2024 the 17th best KPD in the league and 11th best at Adelaide by CD ratings. Though it's likely that number raises to 9-10 at most clubs due to a quirk in Adelaide's build at the moment where we have a lot of players who punch between a 10-12 average (which likely isn't a good thing).
I've used a mish mash of stats, Stats Insider player ratings (based on coaches votes, best player reporting and then stats) and my own views (subjective as hell).

I trust the Stats Insider ratings above the other measures, given its focus on game impact, at least for the top end of ratings. But after regular best player vote getters, it pretty much goes back to position specific stats.

Stats Insider has Keane as the 18th best key defender, 139th best player overall and 8th best at Adelaide. That's a bit higher than I rated him, but probably not a heap.

Berry is 142nd midfielder, 390th player and Adelaide's 21st best player. Again, a touch higher than my rating, but not by heaps.

Would still keep both, given even Berry is in the top half of AFL players in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back