Coach Mark Neeld leaves Essendon as Game Performance Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

AE31C210-A702-4397-8DE8-BA3BE537ADF7.png Little bricks build big strong houses.

This development is the first new brick laid towards a rebuild of the rubble that surrounds us atm.

Step by step hopefully we can be a strong house again some day.

I now look forward to Mark giving a in-depth tell all interview to Wilson blurting out all the goings on at EFC this year so we can get a clearer idea on wtf is going on behind closed doors.

Interested to see if the player's skills improve and whether our gun players perform better with the change - Will add RFC has handled the media appallingly this week - The club should have shut up shot except for mandatory AFL pressers and Xavier discussing Neeld's departure - Nobody else from the club should be speaking to the media

What a surprise, the Game Performance Coach position will not be renewed.

I wonder how many of those stupid positions we created posts-supplements saga will be removed as we wake up to the reality that adding extra people to the football department is not really a cure for a lack of common sense.

Footy Departments as a rule are over-staffed - They will always accept extra money even if they don't know how to spend the money.

Mark Neeld is a ******* dildo. I hope Goddard was around when he was given the arse, if anyone deserved a good FINGER POINTING it was that idiot!

Hopefully Mark didn't leave the "resignation" too late for you blokes to make finals.

Good luck for the rest of the year!

Please keep your rubbish to the Melbourne board.

I have to wonder how that information re the assistants having to run everything by Neeld/Worsfold got out. I mean, it seems like the sort of thing that wouldn't exactly be common knowledge to those outside the fairly immediate circle.

Has someone been blabbing?

I am interested in how communication in the coaching box works for other teams - From my brief glimpses of coaches boxes during telecasts there doesn't appear to be a round-table happening.

I am interested in how communication in the coaching box works for other teams - From my brief glimpses of coaches boxes during telecasts there doesn't appear to be a round-table happening.
I thought every club would have some protocols around how the coaching group engages but a mate was in the Collingwood box for the game v. Geelong this year and seemed to think there were no restrictions. Was also surprised at how quiet and how little discussion there was.

Presumably every coaches box is different but there you go.

I thought every club would have some protocols around how the coaching group engages but a mate was in the Collingwood box for the game v. Geelong this year and seemed to think there were no restrictions. Was also surprised at how quiet and how little discussion there was.

Presumably every coaches box is different but there you go.

There is a lot to watch. I haven't really thought about it until now but what does the senior coach look at during a game?

It might be simplest for him as he's probably just watching the ball and taking an overview of the ground.

Honestly, if your throwing your arms up and getting emotional it's probably a sign that you're wasting energy and time on bullshit.

Granted that some coaches still do it and some of them are really good coaches but I doubt that it's productive.

I expect that most of the talking is done between goals.

There is a lot to watch. I haven't really thought about it until now but what does the senior coach look at during a game?

It might be simplest for him as he's probably just watching the ball and taking an overview of the ground.

Honestly, if your throwing your arms up and getting emotional it's probably a sign that you're wasting energy and time on bullshit.

Granted that some coaches still do it and some of them are really good coaches but I doubt that it's productive.

I expect that most of the talking is done between goals.
I'd say that the coach has to look engaged and ready to respond to anything that isn't working (even if it's just an act and he's just mouthing into the phone). Saw the replay yesterday and was pleased to see that Woosha looked engaged and angry in Staurday's game. The intensity that everyone was talking about being on the ground was also evident in his behaviour. It makes a difference.

I'd say that the coach has to look engaged and ready to respond to anything that isn't working (even if it's just an act and he's just mouthing into the phone). Saw the replay yesterday and was pleased to see that Woosha looked engaged and angry in Staurday's game. The intensity that everyone was talking about being on the ground was also evident in his behaviour. It makes a difference.

Wait. Why?
Why does the coach have to look a certain way?

If the coach is engaged but looks laconic is that a bad thing? I guarantee that 18 coaches dont walk into the box on gane day without their mind totally on the job and getting the win.

How they look, how they act physically in the box and in pressers has nothing to do with the results of the team.
Sure our suppprters might derive some experience out of it by reading into body language but that is largely irrelevent and a fools excercise. Its the same logic that used to get applied to Ryder that because he lookd laconic he somehow isnt giving his all. It means nothing and whether a coach looks a certain way on gameday surely isnt something we are actually judging them on?

Wait. Why?
Why does the coach have to look a certain way?

If the coach is engaged but looks laconic is that a bad thing? I guarantee that 18 coaches dont walk into the box on gane day without their mind totally on the job and getting the win.

How they look, how they act physically in the box and in pressers has nothing to do with the results of the team.
Sure our suppprters might derive some experience out of it by reading into body language but that is largely irrelevent and a fools excercise. Its the same logic that used to get applied to Ryder that because he lookd laconic he somehow isnt giving his all. It means nothing and whether a coach looks a certain way on gameday surely isnt something we are actually judging them on?
It's part of the perceived pressure. What fans see of the coaches box is what the opposition coaches box sees too, what the players see on replay. If it appears that there's no intensity in the coaches box (as it had for the last 7 weeks) it's a case of "do as I say, not as I do". There's a lack of communication and engagement which carries through to the on field performance. The coach has to appear to be doing his job - as Worsfold did very effectively on Saturday - Loved his presser too. Showing intensity doesn't mean that he has to carry on like the Scotts and Clarkson but he does have to show he cares and that he's communicating with his players. This was the first game I've seen that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see if the player's skills improve and whether our gun players perform better with the change - Will add RFC has handled the media appallingly this week - The club should have shut up shot except for mandatory AFL pressers and Xavier discussing Neeld's departure - Nobody else from the club should be speaking to the media

Yep.

I blame Richmond too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back