mark of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody ripper, genuine hanger, sat on a tall man's shoulders with hardly no run up. What makes it better is that he slotted a goal straight after it.

This is Aussie Rules right here.

My top 10 over the past 5 years:

1. Burton - 2009 (MOTY)
2. Edwards - 2007
3. Walker - 2011
4. Lloyd - 2008 (MOTY)
5. Goddard (GF) - 2010
6. Jurrah - 2010 (MOTY)
7. Naitanui - 2011
8. Ottens - 2006 (MOTY)
9. Petterd - 2011
10. Newton - 2007 (MOTY)
Goddard's mark from last year is one not mentioned (not the GF mark). Attacking the pack at full speed and held it. Brilliant.

[youtube]Vb74YTYYVM8[/youtube]

Saw it live and thought it was the best mark since Moorecroft. However have just watched the video of it and I was a little underwelmed... Still good though

Was directly above it on the fourth level. Could see it coming. Didn't expect it to be as good as that though. Massive leap of just a handful of steps. Got that ever important second ride just before the ball got there.

Every screamer is better live. There's no need to continually point that fact out to try and make up for how underwhelming the mark is upon replay.

Good mark no doubt, but not even remotely close to living up to some of the hyperbole on offer in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lighten up it was a beauty, still reckon Farmer's was better in 1998 against Richmond and I always liked Tarrants in 2001 that clearly should have been MOTY much better than Moorcroft's

Every screamer is better live. There's no need to continually point that fact out to try and make up for our underwhelming the mark is upon replay.

Good mark no doubt, but not even remotely close to living up to some of the hyperbole on offer in this thread.

This. The other three would be better live as well. I'd even rate each of the other three higher simply because they were NOT chest marks.

Krakouer deserves it.

nic nats mark against the blues was very very very very good, this I would say was marginally better.

That said, if nic nat won, I wouldn't say it was a rough call.

Two of the great marks of footy.

for me, Walker, Goddard GF1, nic nat v the blues, best three marks in the last 12 months.

LIKE (Facebook style)

Amazing ride & sit over Jake 'Jerker' Carlisle by Walker.

Unless Carlisle can kick a huge winning goal after the siren ala Blight 1976
he'll be remembered for being Walkers stepladder.

Thanx to Benders for posting up all four contenders. Rip snorters all of them.
Each marvellous in their own right. :thumbsu:

Also special mention to the Swans young fella Reid, who took a hanger also this weekend.

Walker's hanger over Sauce, Hampson and Warnock was better than Krakouer's.

[YOUTUBE]qxFBIWFLuQA[/YOUTUBE]

a55ab3c3.jpg

c84abab2.jpg

c8ea64e5.jpg

Thank God he bettered that mark. :D

Krakouer's isn't a mark of the year like Moorcroft's small man effort.

Is it just me, or is Krakouer's not that impressive, compared to the others? He doesn't have the height or the hangtime that the other three do.

At the moment, I'd have Walker first, Naitanui and Petterd tied second, with Krakouer behind them.

Is it just me, or is Krakouer's not that impressive, compared to the others? He doesn't have the height or the hangtime that the other three do.

At the moment, I'd have Walker first, Naitanui and Petterd tied second, with Krakouer behind them.

But look at the elevation, especially from that side angle. It's all leap. Reminiscent slightly of Jeff Farmer circa 1998.

I would have to go Walker, followed by Naitanui, then Krakouer and lastly Petterd.

Also any takers for Jarrad Grant? :D

Nic Nat:

[YOUTUBE]pc8G2e8iKRY[/YOUTUBE]

Walker:

[YOUTUBE]C5oj5UbPF_Y[/YOUTUBE]

Hard to split them.

Each time I lean one way, I then go the other.

Walks jumped higher, and had more hang time, but Naita crashed a pack and took it higher, arms outstretched.

Both worthy contenders.

Flip a coin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back