Mark Robinson: Douche or Good Journo?

Remove this Banner Ad

So I had my first EVER excursion to the St Kilda boards just now... to say that they are feral is an understatement. It is spittle-flying, rabid anti-Collingwood, "you're-all-bogan" garbage. I read comments on here about how they're obsessed with us, didn't really believe it until I went through just two pages of a single thread.

And boy are they touchy about the whole Milne thing! Pic related:

03e2bf378153343dd638e89910e17f64-sc.jpg

His Essendon bias shines through that's for sure, but he does love footy. He can't stand seeing the Pies dominate though, it drives him crazy and he keeps looking for angles to pump up other sides so the Pies don't look so good.

But gees, how long before this guy is in hospital, he is the unhealthiest looking person you'll see. How much p*** and smokes does this guy down everyday, he looks smacked out

I don't think he's either. Well he's a bit of a douche but he's not a good journo. That's not to say he's bad either, he's alright, I don't see him as being too biassed and he usually writes it as he sees it, but he's a bit primitive in his football knowledge and he often overreacts to things that look bad, which normally aren't. For example when Cloke last year got suspended against Port, Robbo was calling for his head and going way over the top about it. Things like this show him up, otherwise I don't mind him.

always sounds half-cut, suffers from verbal diarrhea and has immense trouble using a razor correctly.

tool.

Is there a journo anyone actually likes?

Robbo is one of the better ones out there, he is passionate and most of the time gets it right. His Monday article is the best in footy piece going round, whilst he is alright to watch on AFL 360 etc.

Juts cause he wrote one negative Collingwood article doesn't mean he is sh*t...

Mark Robinson is just a boofhead bogan of the highest order. How does this pathetic individual get his head and pathetic opinions on so many shows? His Collingwood articles are filled with hate and innacuracy, with the aim of trying to disrupt the club.

He has an agenda and its one reason why i have decided to abandon that pathetic rag he writes for.

It seems it's perfectly ok for the Herald Sun to publish letters by the anti-Collingwood faction, in absolutely rubishing our club and its supporters on a daily basis for a whole generation. Well i've had enough and I don't buy it anymore. I choose to get my footy info from more reliable sources which aren't hostile to the club i love.

Juts cause he wrote one negative Collingwood article doesn't mean he is sh*t...

WTF??? Just the one????:confused:

Travis Cloke pulls LIng to the ground causing damage to Lings shoulder. Robinson: Cloke should get weeks for that.

Daisy hit on Jones. Robinson: Medium to high impact?? He'll get 4 weeks for that.

Cloke last year against Port. Got 2 weeks. Robinson:should get 4 weeks.

When we got beaten by St.Kilda & Geelong in the early rounds of 2010 who was the commentator after the game on Ch 7 slamming us. Robinson: Game says more about Collingwood then the other team. Another big game failure. All other commentators wanted to talk about how well the winning team played. A cklear case of Robinson looking at the result rather then the actual game flow.

what annoys me is that whenever there is a story about collingwood thats negative u can just imagine journos like robbo and wilson rolling up there sleeves and getting stuck into us. their holyer than thou attitude just gives me the shits, and robbo is just a buffoon of the highest order but because he is such an idiot u cant help but smile sometimes at the shit he comes out with

So I had my first EVER excursion to the St Kilda boards just now... to say that they are feral is an understatement. It is spittle-flying, rabid anti-Collingwood, "you're-all-bogan" garbage. I read comments on here about how they're obsessed with us, didn't really believe it until I went through just two pages of a single thread.

And boy are they touchy about the whole Milne thing! Pic related:

03e2bf378153343dd638e89910e17f64-sc.jpg
I regularly read Kildonan's "editorial" pieces.
He just cracks me up, embodying every nuance he says he so hates about Collingwood supporters.
Childish old fool.
Half of the problem posters on their boards are his acolytes.

Love robbo, The fact that he makes unsupported comments about everything screams of bloke having an argument with a mate at the bar. Despite knowing most his comments have no basis he'll argue till he's black and blue.

It seems he is either really ignorant or really a genius to stir discussion. His mystique allows this never to be answered, and so it shouldn't.

Two of my recent favourites...

1 - Luke mcpharlin intentionally wanted to hurt Jonathan Brown and could've pulled out
2 - Why wasn't C Judd or G Mckenna in WCE H.O.F

Best is no ones dares question the man...

Don't let facts ruin the great man. Co Host of the best footy show on TV!

Robbo - The Ricky Bobby of Journalism!

I'm putting in a vote for Robbo.

IMO he adds a bit of a genuine colour to the media landscape and is one of the few journos that speaks his mind in the face of all the doo-gooder theories journos seem to love to lead; he seems fairly happy to call a spade a spade, if you will.

Admittedly he does, like all journos do, have a tendancy to spout garbage on occasion but one can't be right all the time, and he does a pretty good job overall I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chanel 7 should take the advice of The 12th Man "If you aint got the locks, you not on the box". He certainly has a head for radio/print. He is also not very articulate when talking.

Looks and speech aside, his reporting is very inconsistent. Sometimes he makes the effort and writes some interesting stuff, other times he just writes sensationalist crap.

When things are REALLY quiet, he will dig deep into his "St. Kilda School Girl" bag and pull something out from that.

Out of 10, I give him a solid 5 for his articles (2 for his TV/radio stuff).

He's a douche , supposed to be a bomber supporter , I haven't seen him say many positive thing's about the Bombers this year . Mostly speak shit about how badly they treated ' joke ' coach Knights . I laughed my ass off last season when on Game Day someone mentioned he was a ' ladies ' man...he was sitting there all ' proud as punch '.......hahahaha .

Is there a journo anyone actually likes?
Gerard Wheatley.
Bryan Taylor.
Emma Quayle.
Some bloke named Eddie McGuire.
Luke Darcy. (In the morning with Ed and Mick Molloy, quite good).
Matthew Llyod.
Leigh Matthews.
Tom Harley.

Just to name a few.:thumbsu:

Robbo is an Essendon supporter, and defintely has something personal against Mick Malthouse, so most of the stuff he writes or says about hour club or Mick is off the mark. He is actually ok when speaking about any other club.

Robbo is an Essendon supporter, and defintely has something personal against Mick Malthouse, so most of the stuff he writes or says about hour club or Mick is off the mark. He is actually ok when speaking about any other club.
I think it has something to do with the press conferences. He often comments on Malthouse having a go at people asking (probably stupid) questions. He might have even been shot down a few times himself.

I don't mind Robbo.

Love his passion for the game.

The Robbo V MM issue is personal. It always has been.

When Gerard Whately asked him if he liked MM he said "I don't know if I like Malthouse, I respect what he's done in football, but I don't know if I like him"
Which is pretty saying that MM has shat on him over many press conferences and he's too precious to accept that he asks rubbish questions and so he hates MM.
Suck it up princess

I regularly read Kildonan's "editorial" pieces.
He just cracks me up, embodying every nuance he says he so hates about Collingwood supporters.
Childish old fool.
Half of the problem posters on their boards are his acolytes.

Yeh that bloke is a disgrace. In one word - feral.

OK douchebag.

I've just listened to the last hour of SEN match preview with Robbo having a go at MM for the whole hour, and as soon as MM comes on, where's Robbo? The coward is nowhere to be seen. Weak.

Gerard Whately put him in his place on Wednesday at the end of the show. Basically said the media is targeting Malthouse in a vicious and tasteless manner and there should be more respect for him.

And of course Robinson is at the head of that queue. He revels in reporting anything negative about Collingwood, so if there isn't any, he just makes it up as usual. How many times does Malthouse have to say he is staying at Collingwood next year?

I've had enough of this thug style journalism developing in the football media here. They are becoming like Fleet Street, which suggests to me there are way too many journalists for too few real stories to cover regarding the game.

Douche.

He just sent me a direct message on Twitter calling me a **** (for suggesting the HS, nor Triple M would have a real idea as to the trade value of John Butcher) and then blocked me. So he privately has a dig, blocks you, thus giving you no avenue to even reply.

Douche of the highest order, happy to be blocked for sending abusive crap, but I didn't abuse and there is no need for an inflammatory direct msg you aren't able to even reply to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Robinson: Douche or Good Journo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back