Mark Sheehan's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Mike has done a good job.

Corey & S. Johnson prob a little high.
But the positions reflect their excellent season and the list is based solely on the 2007 season.

I'm surprised for the Crows that Goodwin (45) isn't in front of Edwards (35). Goody should be higher anyway. Heath Shaw better season than Goodwin? I wouldn't think so.

Honestly Pavlich should be much higher then 18th. Pav was 1st in marks, 2nd in goals kicked and I am pretty sure he was 3rd in score assists. How could Franklin be rated higher when he kicked less goals and only kicks at 50%.

Darren Glass should have been higher he was only beaten once this year that I can remember should have cracked the top 5 IMO.
He was actually beaten a few times this year.

Pavlich 18th best player in the comp :confused:

Fremantle 18th greatest team in the VFL/AFL!! Yep behind Fitzroy, University you name it fremantle are worse than them. Just give up freo you seriosuly suk. The AFL gifts new clubs premierships in the first 10 years but seen you couldnt even win then what hope now??? hahahaha the only new club not to win a flag in first 10 years!!!! post AFL. absolute disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Mooney is a much better player than Riewoldt, and had a better year too.

Riewoldt polled 14 Brownlow votes and Mooney polled 1.

Riewoldt won his club's B&F, and Mooney finished 7th in his.

But of course, Mooney deserves to be ranked higher on Mike's Top 50 list, because he plays for Geelong and, um, ... wait ... kicked a few more goals?

Oh, okay.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I though the Top 50 list was supposed to recognise the Best 50 players in the AFL as of now ... not a list of the best 50 of 2007, but just who Mike thought were the most valuable fifty in the AFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nathan Foley and Joel Corey had almost identical seasons.

One is #7, the other #40 :confused:

Foley is underrated, and Mike can you get over your thing against Richo?

I was hoping Matty Priddis would have cracked a mention, surely he had a better year than the 2 Harris's. Pavlich at #18 is ridiculous, should be top 10 if not top 5. If its best players then Brown should be #1, but Kerr at 8, that's a seriously bad decision.

Franklin at 17 is not too low, if anything it's too high. He had a couple of big games against ordinary opposition and also two very good games against quality sides in Sydney and Adelaide. However, he went missing against Geelong, West Coast and Port Adelaide. I know it's hard to hear criticism of Franklin, but he is not there yet Hawks fans. He will get there, but he's not a superstar yet.

Incorrect:

Franklin v Geelong: 19 disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal 3. Hardly going missing there. In fact, quite good..

Franklin v Port Adelaide: Ok so you choose the bad game, how bout the good one against them? 10 disposals, 3 goals 3, 8 marks..

Against West Coast he was ordinary.

But he had quality games against good sides such as the Lions (late in the year when they were up and running), Kangaroos, Western Bulldogs (earlier in the year when they were going alright) and Collingwood.. Not including the game against Sydney and Adelaide..

yeah, there goes your arguement..

1. G. Ablett (Geelong)
2. J. Brown (Brisbane)
3. J. Bartel (Geelong)
4. D. Cox (West Coast)
5. M. Scarlett (Geelong)
6. C. Cornes (Port Adelaide)
7. J. Corey (Geelong)
8. D. Kerr (West Coast)
9. B. Harvey (Kangaroos)
10. S. Johnson (Geelong)
11. D. Glass (WestCoast)
12. K. Cornes (Port Adelaide)
13. C. Ling (Geelong)
14. S. Mitchell (Hawthorn)
15. B. Ottens (Geelong)
16. A. McLeod (Adelaide)
17. L. Franklin (Hawthorn)
18. M. Pavlich (Fremantle)
19. M. Egan (Geelong)
20. C. Judd (West Coast)
21. S. Lucas (Essendon)
22. C. Mooney (Geelong)
23. N. Riewoldt (St Kilda)
24. L. Hodge (Hawthorn)
25. A. Goodes (Sydney)
26. S. Fisher (St Kilda)
27. H. McIntosh (Kangaroos)
28. D. Fletcher (Essendon)
29. P. Burgoyne (Port Adelaide)
30. C. Brown (Hawthorn)
31. C. Bolton (Sydney)
32. D. Milburn (Geelong)
33. B. Lade (Port Adelaide)
34. B. Johnson (Western Bulldogs)
35. T. Edwards (Adelaide)
36. H. Shaw (Collingwood)
37. J. Hird (Essendon)
38. B. Kirk (Sydney)
39. S. Black (Brisbane)
40. N. Foley (Richmond)
41. S Burgoyne (Port Adelaide)
42. T. Cloke (Colingwood)
43. B. Sewell (Hawthorn)
44. D. Swan (Collingwood)
45. S. Goodwin (Adelaide)
46. H. Scotland (Carlton)
47. N. Malceski (Sydney)
48. B. Harris (Western Bulldogs)
49. L. Montagna (St Kilda)
50. D. Harris (Kangaroos)

Cam Mooney is a much better player than Riewoldt, and had a better year too.

Riewoldt polled 14 Brownlow votes and Mooney polled 1.

Riewoldt won his club's B&F, and Mooney finished 7th in his.

But of course, Mooney deserves to be ranked higher on Mike's Top 50 list, because he plays for Geelong and, um, ... wait ... kicked a few more goals?

Oh, okay.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I though the Top 50 list was supposed to recognise the Best 50 players in the AFL as of now ... not a list of the best 50 of 2007, but just who Mike thought were the most valuable fifty in the AFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong. It's solely based on 2007 performances, not 'who is the best'.

And you shouldn't necessarily use a clubs B&F to illustrate who is better, especially a St.Kilda one. Didn't that hack Baker win one?

Also, the 6 players who finished above him in the B&F also finished above him in this list, so I'm kind've missing your point?

Mooney kicked more goals, had more goal assists and took more contested marks than Riewoldt. Riewoldt did average 4 extra possessions, but they are easy to get when you're leading up to the half back flank getting the cheap ones.

Is Mooney better than Riewoldt in the big scheme of things? Probably not.
Is Mooney worth more than Riewoldt to his club? Yes.
Was Mooney better than Riewoldt in 2007? Absolutely.

Fremantle 18th greatest team in the VFL/AFL!! Yep behind Fitzroy, University you name it fremantle are worse than them. Just give up freo you seriosuly suk. The AFL gifts new clubs premierships in the first 10 years but seen you couldnt even win then what hope now??? hahahaha the only new club not to win a flag in first 10 years!!!! post AFL. absolute disgrace.

Western Bulldogs ... haven't won one in 53 years.

Nathan Foley and Joel Corey had almost identical seasons.

One is #7, the other #40 :confused:

Foley is underrated, and Mike can you get over your thing against Richo?

Foley was very unlucky even in the Brownlow will be a very good player in years to come,Richo please very overated player plenty of forwards that are better then him.

Brisbane, inducted in 1989?

First flag, 2001?

12 years i think, but yes i get your call, just love proving people wrong!

what? nobody gifted Port their premiership, they earned it after screwing up 3 times previously...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Sheehan's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back