3. J. Bartel (Geelong)
5. M. Scarlett (Geelong)
7. J. Corey (Geelong)
10. S. Johnson (Geelong)
13. C. Ling (Geelong)
15. B. Ottens (Geelong)
19. M. Egan (Geelong)
22. C. Mooney (Geelong)

9 Geelong players in the top 22 is ridiculous. They are a brilliant team, with lots of star players, but there is no way they have 9 players in the best 22 in the league... even if its just on 2007 form. That absolute bullshit.

I'm suprised he brought himself to name 3 Collingwood players, but they're all below #35... and no Lockyer. :rolleyes:

1. G. Ablett (Geelong)
3. J. Bartel (Geelong)
5. M. Scarlett (Geelong)
7. J. Corey (Geelong)
10. S. Johnson (Geelong)
13. C. Ling (Geelong)
15. B. Ottens (Geelong)
19. M. Egan (Geelong)
22. C. Mooney (Geelong)

9 Geelong players in the top 22 is ridiculous. They are a brilliant team, with lots of star players, but there is no way they have 9 players in the best 22 in the league... even if its just on 2007 form. That absolute bullshit.

I'm suprised he brought himself to name 3 Collingwood players, but they're all below #35... and no Lockyer. :rolleyes:

there should be 10, how did chapman miss out?

You're wrong. It's solely based on 2007 performances, not 'who is the best'.

And you shouldn't necessarily use a clubs B&F to illustrate who is better, especially a St.Kilda one. Didn't that hack Baker win one?

Also, the 6 players who finished above him in the B&F also finished above him in this list, so I'm kind've missing your point?

Mooney kicked more goals, had more goal assists and took more contested marks than Riewoldt. Riewoldt did average 4 extra possessions, but they are easy to get when you're leading up to the half back flank getting the cheap ones.

Is Mooney better than Riewoldt in the big scheme of things? Probably not.
Is Mooney worth more than Riewoldt to his club? Yes.
Was Mooney better than Riewoldt in 2007? Absolutely.

I can acknowledge all your other points, but Riewoldt is worth more to his club than Mooney.

If Riewoldt had not played this year, St Kilda would have won 5 games.

We would have lost to Richmond, lost to the Dogs, lost to Carlton, lost to Hawthorn, lost to Adelaide and lost to Richmond again. Riewoldt was the difference between the two sides in all of those games.

That would have given us 5 wins for the year.

By winning his club's B&F despite missing 3 games, Riewoldt clearly indicated his importance to St Kilda ... he was our most important player in 2007 by a huge margin.

Was Mooney Geelong's most important player in 2007?

I can acknowledge all your other points, but Riewoldt is worth more to his club than Mooney.

If Riewoldt had not played this year, St Kilda would have won 5 games.

We would have lost to Richmond, lost to the Dogs, lost to Carlton, lost to Hawthorn, lost to Adelaide and lost to Richmond again. Riewoldt was the difference between the two sides in all of those games.

That would have given us 5 wins for the year.

By winning his club's B&F despite missing 3 games, Riewoldt clearly indicated his importance to St Kilda ... he was our most important player in 2007 by a huge margin.

Was Mooney Geelong's most important player in 2007?

riewoldt winning the best and fairest showed the rest of the side wasnt much chop, doesnt mean he is better than mooney.

Mooney produced similarly good performances in a team with lots of other players to "steal" the goals and stats off him etc.

riewoldt winning the best and fairest showed the rest of the side wasnt much chop, doesnt mean he is better than mooney.

Mooney produced similarly good performances in a team with lots of other players to "steal" the goals and stats off him etc.

You are full of it. If anyone was making a team and had to choose between the two, Riewoldt would be picked every time by every single Australian incuding the Geelong players and coach. Hell i'm sure even Mooney would pick Nick over himself... :)

I'd take either at Richmond, but if i did have to choose i'd go with Roo. I can only imagine Riewoldt in that Geelong team!

On the other hand, without those other players Mooney has shown in the past that he is incapable of getting those goals/stats himself.

Comes back to the age-old question:

Is it easier to play well and be noticed in a good team and harder to play well and be noticed in a poor team?

OR

Is it harder to play well and be noticed in a good team, and easier to play well and be noticed in a poor team?

I don't think anyone can doubt it is easier to play well in a good team. Conversley, I don't think anyone can doubt it is harder to play well in a poor team.

Are the "good players" in "bad teams" (i.e. Nathan Foley of '07) then better footballers than the "good players" in "good teams" (i.e. Joel Corey of '07)?

i want to no how the hell corey gets into the top 10 honestly ablett, bartel gets tagged every week which leaves corey to roam free. I no he got tagged against port but he did nothing that game and got tagged in the final against kangeroos and got slaughtered by rawlings.

I am a hawthorn fan, I think mitchell or hodge are better than him and thats just from my team. mitchell was 4th in brownlow (i think) so i think even on that he should be higher. Nick dal Santo had a better year than corey as well just to name another.

I am not saying corey shouldnt be in the top 50 i think he should be but not that high there are better players than him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one persons biased opinion folks. Adam Goodes is easily in the top 10 AFL players. It's embarassing to say have Corey ahead of him.

I would actually love Mike Sheehan to justify it, would make for a hilarious read. :)

It's Mike Sheehan... but here it is anyway:

1. G. Ablett (Geelong)
2. J. Brown (Brisbane)
3. J. Bartel (Geelong)
4. D. Cox (West Coast)
5. M. Scarlett (Geelong)
6. C. Cornes (Port Adelaide)
7. J. Corey (Geelong) TO HIGH
8. D. Kerr (West Coast)
9. B. Harvey (Kangaroos)
10. S. Johnson (Geelong) NOT HIGH ENUFF
11. D. Glass (WestCoast)