Mark Thompson on the Footy Show last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adamantly denied any wrongdoing throughout the Essendon drug saga. Do we still believe this? Or was he the ringleader? Looking more likely than less likely now. If that's the case, this guy should never be allowed into the AFL world ever again. Disgraceful. If he is indeed peddling this shit, then I hope they throw the book at him.

Adamantly denied any wrongdoing throughout the Essendon drug saga. Do we still believe this? Or was he the ringleader? Looking more likely than less likely now. If that's the case, this guy should never be allowed into the AFL world ever again. Disgraceful. If he is indeed peddling this shit, then I hope they throw the book at him.
I keep seeing "Hope he gets the help he needs" and "hope he gets minimum penalty" sentiments. Stuff that. If he's guilty I hope the people and families he's affected get the help they need and I hope he cops the jail term he deserves.

All very hypocrirical from AFL head honchos through to all when there is a suggestion no testing is for cocaine or similar for players and/officials. If true, seems rampant within the industry? Any thoughts?

All very hypocrirical from AFL head honchos through to all when there is a suggestion no testing is for cocaine or similar for players and/officials. If true, seems rampant within the industry? Any thoughts?
The whole industry is incestuous, the perfect breeding ground.

From admin, coaches and players it’s a well protected, self regulated and spin doctored industry.

I always refer back to dale Lewis who spoke up and was howled down, he wasn’t the first nor last.

Where big money, ego and notoriety walk hand in hand - unless tightly regulated through cutting edge testing, compliance and OUTCOME the status quo remains.

You support Geelong who are by all definitions an inferior club to Richmond

How have we been inferior to you in recent times?

We have won three flags in the last 30 years, you have won one.

Other than 2017, Richmond haven't had much to brag about over the last three decades.

We have thrashed you many times over the years. Ablett senior used to get 10+ goals on your team all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How have we been inferior to you in recent times?

We have won three flags in the last 30 years, you have won one.

Other than 2017, Richmond haven't had much to brag about over the last three decades.

We have thrashed you many times over the years. Ablett senior used to get 10+ goals on your team all the time.
You say about Richmond doing nothing in the last 30 years but somehow Ablett Senior kicking bags against Richmond decades ago is somehow relevant, btw Rance would have destroyed Ablett Senior

When humans are placed under extreme pressure for long hours with massive expectations then something has to give and usually does ...something has to

These people ...coaches and administrators of clubs are under so much pressure to perform

They will use drugs ...some ...are we that stupid to think it won’t

Players are immense pressure too ...AFL COACHES are scrutinised more than our prime minister is ...how often do you hear geez his job is in the line

He’s under the pump

Rance is bigger, stronger, fitter, faster and more skilled than Ablett
I really hope you are kidding with this?! Rance is a phenomenal player, but in 50 years of watching football Gary Ablett snr. is the best I've seen. He kicked 9 goals in a losing Grand Final side for goodness sake; the bloke could do almost anything. As for "more skilled than Ablett", that's just silly; as I'm not sure any such player has ever played!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Thompson on the Footy Show last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back