Mark Thompson on the Footy Show last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Or probably he swears a lot when talks.

i think he dropped a 'shit' in the pre match interview in the NAB cup before port v essendon. i think he was being interviewed by mooney so the whole thing was very chilled, bomber was a bit less fidgety.

i've noticed he's a man that wants to say more than he's allowed to in his position. he chooses his words carefully and hopes people are picking up what he's putting down.

just saw the interview, he doesn't seem any different to usual. i love the way he always goes "mm" and gives himself a nod of approval when he says something he likes. he seems like an honest man. i've always been a bit of a fan.

Last edited:
Dude is the weirdest media performer I've ever seen. Didn't catch last night, but I usually can't watch him cos he seems nervous and fidgety and says some of the strangest things.

The one I'll always remember was like a half-time interview or something, and the commentator said "good luck" to him and he responded with "okayyyyyyy" and let it trail off really long while leaning backwards.

If it's what I'm thinking of, it was just a running joke he had with his former teammate, Tim Watson. He'd end every changeroom/post-match interview with 'okey mete'. A little unusual, sure, but I've always found his oddball humour to be pretty funny. He'd give Ling a bit of stick at the end of an interview as well, when he had the honours of going down to the rooms. I love his slight head nod and 'mmm' when he's done answering a question as well.

I wonder if the people who are suggesting this and that about Bomba have ever seen him on AFL 360. He's like that on every episode. I've never thought of it as him being under the weather, or crook or anything; it's just Bomba. And I can't think of too many coaches off the top of my head that I find more entertaining than him (there certainly aren't many that are funnier). Should we get a thread like this, asking 'What's up with Mick?' every time he berates someone in a press conference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just saw the interview, he doesn't seem any different to usual. i love the way he always goes "mm" and gives himself a nod of approval when he says something he likes. he seems like an honest man. i've always been a bit of a fan.

Haha...didn't read that before. I wonder how many other people have noticed that (he's been doing it for years). Once you notice it, you're waiting for it after every question.

Did massive things for us but even in the good times with us he was awkward at best in front of the press. Went to Essendon in the hope of being involved but more on his terms - IE not a game day coach but bigger picture involvement and less press.

Drugs stuffed that theory right up. Noe he is in a place where he really didn't want to be at all. And it shows. Looks miserable but trying to out a brave face on it.

Either that or its purely the worry about Chappy's hammys…. one of the two…

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Thompson on the Footy Show last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back