TheClokes

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2005
In Berlin, by the wall
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lord Auch
Hearing that speech he was giving to his players in front of the camera – he sounded like a tool. I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard him raise his voice at points (within his speech) he thought was critical. I was embarrassed for him.

On a serious note I think what he said will either go to ways the players will either respond and come out and flog Sydney or they will fade out completely

What a waste of my time opening this thread was, seriously people dont have much to talk bout if they are starting shit threads like this

two grand finals, one premiership, one night premiership and taking his team into the finals with a double chance for the 3rd year in a row.

sack him now and get someone good before its too late:rolleyes:

I thought the words were good just lacked a little...dunno I wanna say conviction but that doesn't seem right...so I'll say he lacked a bit of fire in his delivery. Dunno if it was because he'd had a few relaxing drinks or if he was a case of hesitating to fully leap into it because he didn't want to look stupid. Or maybe he started it and then realised that the footy public would leap all over it and he be hounded by the media for the next 24-72 hours. Either way he delivered a message to his players that should find their mark.

Edit: Just watched it again and its not lacking in conviction. I think it lacks a bit of fire because he's thinking on the spot and being really delibrate and selective in how he phrases his message.

I thought the words were good just lacked a little...dunno I wanna say conviction but that doesn't seem right...so I'll say he lacked a bit of fire in his delivery. Dunno if it was because he'd had a few relaxing drinks or if he was a case of hesitating to fully leap into it because he didn't want to look stupid. Or maybe he started it and then realised that the footy public would leap all over it and he be hounded by the media for the next 24-72 hours. Either way he delivered a message to his players that should find their mark.

Edit: Just watched it again and its not lacking in conviction. I think it lacks a bit of fire because he's thinking on the spot and being really delibrate and selective in how he phrases his message.

Well said. I thought he was pausing because he was trying not to get emotional, if you know what I mean ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I missing something?

Didn't know you had to rant and rave to get a point across.

The pausing was for affect - for them to think about what he was just saying. Only time will tell whether or not it had the desired effect.

I think you'll find he was treading a delicate line between taking the opportunity to challenge his players at the most important function in the Club's history and not wanting to down-vibe the whole night.
Given his record, I would suggest he knows what he's doing more than us.

My thoughts are that Geelong the team, & maybe parts of the administration are Stale.

I think Bomba maybe has been they're too long & maybe time to move to another footy challenge.

What about Matthews to Geelong, to get the rest out of them.

Floggy Walls had a crack at him over it. Sometimes I think that moron posts on bigfooty.

Is Wallsy TheClokes ?
Both dribble crap

My thoughts are that Geelong the team, & maybe parts of the administration are Stale.

I think Bomba maybe has been they're too long & maybe time to move to another footy challenge.

What about Matthews to Geelong, to get the rest out of them.

Have you just been released from the nuthouse ? :confused:

two grand finals, one premiership, one night premiership and taking his team into the finals with a double chance for the 3rd year in a row.

sack him now and get someone good before its too late:rolleyes:

2 night premierships actually

On The Couch

+ One Week at a Time, Footy Classified & fox sport

Floggy Walls had a crack at him over it. Sometimes I think that moron posts on bigfooty.

You forgot he threw Corey & Lingy to the scrap heap:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back